Hey Beach Hunters

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need the regular posters to step up and become charter members. This site cost a mere $.054 cents a day, that is 5 and 1/2 pennies a day....Even on my worst day of hunting I find more then that.....That is very little to pay to have access to the vast amount of knowledge that can either be read here, or available though some of the many knowledgeable TN members....

When you find something and you don't know what it is, or if it is old or real, where do you go to find out? You come here and ask. (old button, is this an artifact,
as example.)

If TN is sold there could and most likely will be major changes that will affect all of us, and the changes that come could be in very negative ways. There are other treasure websites, I have been to most of them, but none like TN in my personal opinion....

I personally thing Marc should move some of the features available to non Charter members to Charter membership. No post count available or visible till your a Charter member as example for starters.........It can continue to count as posts are made, just not visible till your a Charter member.

Make the cost of Charter Membership $2.50 a month or $20.00 a year, payable through Paypal or Credit Card...............

Not trying to step on anyone toes here, I just don't want to see major changes in the best Treasure Website on the net is all............

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MetroChef

Dec 19, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Need to get one of those , soon !!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings,

Since I have been reading this forum for over a month now, and have gleaned a wealth of info and read about so many exciting finds..I thought it would be nice time to help the cause and become a charter member today after reading this post. Sure it's close to Christmas and $$$ are in short supply ( Hours at work cut from 55 Hrs. a week to 40).
In my younger days , My Uncle got me interested in Treasure hunting..I was all Fired up !! , Then life came along..Work , marriage , kids, mortgage, car payments, more work.
Nothing new , But after reading this forum , the fire returns!! I need to Make time for me again. Why ?? Because life is short my friends , we all know that. So as soon as I make up my mind on a detector hmmm ( Whites MXT .. ??? maybe !) I will be out there trying to save a bit of history, make some new friends, and who knows maybe find a chunk of gold or two. I would like to thank all of you for your informative and sometimes very humorous posts..as this really makes my day!.I hope my $20 bucks helps the cause, Because I surly would miss this forum and all you fine folks..Happy Holidays to you all and Remember !! "Today's the day"

Your friend in the dirt and sand ;D
Metrochef

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MetroChef said:
Greetings,

Since I have been reading this forum for over a month now, and have gleaned a wealth of info and read about so many exciting finds..I thought it would be nice time to help the cause and become a charter member today after reading this post. Sure it's close to Christmas and $$$ are in short supply ( Hours at work cut from 55 Hrs. a week to 40).
In my younger days , My Uncle got me interested in Treasure hunting..I was all Fired up !! , Then life came along..Work , marriage , kids, mortgage, car payments, more work.
Nothing new , But after reading this forum , the fire returns!! I need to Make time for me again. Why ?? Because life is short my friends , we all know that. So as soon as I make up my mind on a detector hmmm ( Whites MXT .. ??? maybe !) I will be out there trying to save a bit of history, make some new friends, and who knows maybe find a chunk of gold or two. I would like to thank all of you for your informative and sometimes very humorous posts..as this really makes my day!.I hope my $20 bucks helps the cause, Because I surly would miss this forum and all you fine folks..Happy Holidays to you all and Remember !! "Today's the day"

Your friend in the dirt and sand ;D
Metrochef

Hello MetroChef :hello:, welcome to TreasureNet and to Charter Membership, it is great to have you here on both... :hello2:

Your right, time goes by fast, and especially when you have kids. One day they are in diapers, next thing you know they are grown and your 20 years older wondering where the time went.... :dontknow:

Wish you lots of luck on your hunt for a good detector, keep an eye on our "For Sale" board, lot of good buys show up there. We look forward to seeing the posts of your first finds...Your in a good area, lots of history where you are......

See you soon...... :icon_thumright:

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mentalfloss said:
count me in its the least i can do for all the help i have been given on what metal detector to get. I love this site its about the only thing i have to do here in Iraq on my down time with all the story's, pic of peoples finds. I have spent $20.00 on some dumb things but this i use everyday it has endless knowledge and experts and i like it just the way it is. I am so going to become a member as soon as i post this

I used this site for a long time without paying until I wanted to search for some previose posts.
But then I realized that $20 a year is a very cheap investment for what you are getting here.
So I have been a Charter Member for about 6 months now.
If your really into treasure hunting it really can't be beat for the money.

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX, Gold Master 2, Surfmaster PI, TF900, Falcon MD20, Arc Geo Logger
I don't understand a few things here. First I hope I don't get shunned from the other members. Second, Why Did Treasure Net get started in the first place.. I am thinking because The magazine E&W treasures started a forum to help promote the magazine...right???? It draws people to the site which gives info and gets people to start or continue there subscriptions. Now the cost of the web site, employees, printing, internet hosting are all part of a business.....right? The the costs of this forum in the beginning are advertising costs. After time when the forum gains members company's look to also advertise on the site and PAY to do so just like adds in a magazine....Right? Look at the top of the page they are doing this now! So why should we the happy consumers, the one's bringing the valuable info to this site be asked to PAY to share our information?????? If it really is hurting the pocket book of the owner then he should look into larger companies to advertise on the site and they will pay for it to be up here every month. What you are asking is to make this an elite club, pay here or you won't get our super duper features and info from other joes just like you. If you push this to hard folks will just move on to the next forum that is free. I think you might hurt or shoot yourself in the foot. Just take a look around at the non paying members posts and picture this what if you cutout all there posts only. What would you loose then? I would not mind more advertising on the site bring it that is why it was invented. Also this site was put here to promote a magazine in the first place. The cost of this site is an advertising expense for that magazine. If it has some value now and it sounds like the owner is considering selling this site to one of the companies that is a whole different game. Sounds like some profits are to be made and that would be the only consideration for the sell...Right???? I am looking at this from a BIZZ standpoint and that is it. The honest truth is money is very very tight. I get asked or have to pay for just about everything I do now in life. If my hobby requires I have to PAY to talk to my friends about it then I guess my friend count is going to go down. I do see your are saying you don't have to now but I did read you want to cut the features down. Well hope that works out well for you. Good day to all and happy treasure hunting. I am headed out to go do some swinging and relieve some stress!!! Long as the Metal detector manufacture's don't put a pay by the hour meter on the detector with a credit card slide on the side I will be good!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golddredgergold said:
I don't understand a few things here. First I hope I don't get shunned from the other members. Second, Why Did Treasure Net get started in the first place.. I am thinking because The magazine E&W treasures started a forum to help promote the magazine...right???? It draws people to the site which gives info and gets people to start or continue there subscriptions. Now the cost of the web site, employees, printing, internet hosting are all part of a business.....right? The the costs of this forum in the beginning are advertising costs. After time when the forum gains members company's look to also advertise on the site and PAY to do so just like adds in a magazine....Right? So why should we the happy consumers, the one's bringing the valuable info to this site be asked to PAY to share our information?????? If it really is hurting the pocket book of the owner then he should look into larger companies to advertise on the site and they will pay for it to be up here every month. What you are asking is to make this an elite club, pay here or you won't get our super duper features and info from other joes just like you. If you push this to hard folks will just move on to the next forum that is free. I think you might hurt or shoot yourself in the foot. Just take a look around at the non paying members posts and picture this what if you cutout all there posts only. What would you loose then? I would not mind more advertising on the site bring it that is why it was invented. Also this site was put here to promote a magazine in the first place. The cost of this site is an advertising expense for that magazine. If it has some value now and it sounds like the owner is considering selling this site to one of the companies that is a whole different game. Sounds like some profits are to be made and that would be the only consideration for the sell...Right???? I am looking at this from a BIZZ standpoint and that is it. The honest truth is money is very very tight. I get asked or have to pay for just about everything I do now in life. If my hobby requires I have to PAY to talk to my friends about it then I guess my friend count is going to go down. I do see your are saying you don't have to now but I did read you want to cut the features down. Well hope that works out well for you. Good day to all and happy treasure hunting. I am headed out to go do some swinging and relieve some stress!!! Long as the Metal detector manufacture's don't put a pay by the hour meter on the detector with a credit card slide on the side I will be good!

golddredgergold

Marc's own words....Excert from "A Few Words About TreasureNet " Posted Jan 22, 2006, 07:39:28 PM

"I created TreasureNet in late 1994 out of the frustration of having found a REAL buried treasure - 3 chests of gold coins, flint lock pistols, and land grants - buried by Juan Baptista de las Casas in January 1811, just outside of San Antonio Texas - but not having the resources to do a proper archaeological survey and recovery of the burials. Sadly, in late 1995, based on my research, and after having opened my big mouth to unethical historians and attorneys, the site was looted. "

TreasureNet had nothing to do with E/W Treasures wanting a forum, E/W Treasures has nothing to do with TN at all other then being an advertiser, just like Whites, JW Fisher, Garrett, Kellyco and the others are advertisers. You have based everything you said on TN being funded by Western Eastern Treasures and promoting it which it is not and was not. TreasureNet was not built to promote W/E Treasures magazine or any other of the advertisers....

I respect your right to express your opinion on this, I doubt anyone would "shun" you for expressing it either, I know I don't or want.... No one is trying to force anyone to join...

Below is my post from another thread on the subject........

"This is only my own personal opinion, it is very simple for me, when I believe in something, weather it is a cause or a business, I support it, and I pay my own way, it is just me, I do not just go along for a free ride.

Charter Members are like stock holders, we are paying members, we are hard revenue coming in to the site. The more Charter Members there are, the more likely our views and our opinions will be considered. If Marc is able to sell TreasureNet, any new owners are more likely to want the continued financial support of the "Stock Holders", especially if we number a thousand or more....

Anyone buying TreasureNet is going to want to make a profit, otherwise why buy it.....Marc built TreasureNet, it is his baby, his legacy so to speak, it is his dream, his time, his money, his hard work, his blood and his tears, a new buyer will have none of that invested, only cash..........

If Marc does not sell TreasureNet, the revenue coming in helps support TreasureNet and helps Marc continue with TreasureNet....He has more then earned the right to make money off this site he built it from scratch.....The more Charter Members there are the easier it is for him to continue.....

TreasureNet is the best Treasure Website on the net, it has more daily visitors then the others, it is worth more then the others.......Bottom line is when you believe in something you support it.........."

Good luck on your hunt sir. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tentpegs said:
tentpegs just paid my 20 dol this site is worth alot more.

Tentpegs,

Welcome to Charter Membership and thanks for showing your support for TN by becoming a Charter Member.

A single magazine subscripition cost $30 or more a year, and only comes out once a month. TreasureNet averages 150-175 new articles every day, several thousand new articles every month. There were 4293 new topics in just this past December alone. TreasureNet averaged 5046 new topics every month in 2009....

$20.00 a year, $1.66 a month, $.38 cents a week, $.05 1/2 cents a day...:icon_thumright:

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Only 54 cent a day, well.. Let me tell you this me be 54 cent a day is not a lot of money... but let me tell YOU This.. I lost my Job about 3year ago and I an still not working and have a sick wife on top of this.. Metal Detecting sould be FREE ! you sould not have to Pay a Fee . That my 2-cent .. why don't You make a New AD this one is Old............. :( :( :(

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin finder said:
Only 54 cent a day, well.. Let me tell you this me be 54 cent a day is not a lot of money... but let me tell YOU This.. I lost my Job about 3year ago and I an still not working and have a sick wife on top of this.. Metal Detecting sould be FREE ! you sould not have to Pay a Fee . That my 2-cent .. why don't You make a New AD this one is Old............. :( :( :(

Coin finder, I don't know if you read it wrong or just posted it with out a decimal by mistake, its not 54 cents a day, it is .05 1/2 cents a day, less then .06 cents a day, just to be sure there is no misunderstanding......

Ad isn't old if is still drawing posts, and we are still getting new members to sign up as Charter Members.... :icon_thumright:

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin finder said:

Not sure where this came from ....
Treasure Net is Free..
you and I can use any of this forum you want for nothing,
but if you want a few more perks it will cost you .05 1/2 cents a day..
No one is going to force you to pay.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin Finder, good luck on finding more income and better health for your wife . Everyone is having trouble and Congress is making it more difficult with Obama's health care which are gonna cost us more $$$. :help:

Metal detecting is FREE. The use of the TNet forum is free for now, but the extra features cost us more. Servers cost money to run and aren't free. Without more sponsors the site can fold at any time and then we'd all go somewhere else where things aren't so nice.

discovery_bound

Feb 4, 2008
South Dakota, B&R in Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Well, I'm sold and will be Chartered as soon as they verify my new paypal account which they say will take 2-3 days. Seriously, this is one helluva sight! I spend more time reading up on people's finds, detector info, and historical research links than anything else. People are great and extremely helpful to a rookie such as myself. Also, I get my treasure fix from this site during the cold North Dakota winters...record snow last week of 25.1" in less than two days and a record low on saturday of -37F actual temp. Yes, you read that correctly..... 37 degrees below zero! Needless to say, I don't get out much in the winter to hunt so this is my winter haven. IMO, $20/year is a whole lot better than a case of beer and a 2 hour football game.

Happy to pitch in,

HH
DB

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Sandman said:
Coin Finder, good luck on finding more income and better health for your wife . Everyone is having trouble and Congress is making it more difficult with Obama's health care which are gonna cost us more $$$. :help:

Metal detecting is FREE. The use of the TNet forum is free for now, but the extra features cost us more. Servers cost money to run and aren't free. Without more sponsors the site can fold at any time and then we'd all go somewhere else where things aren't so nice.

I think the purpose of the Charter Membership drive is try an prevent Marc from selling his website.

I don't think sponsors, servers or other overhead/operating expenses have entered the equation, or the site folding

Purpose of the drive is two fold, if possible give Marc cause to possibly think twice about the sale, most of us would perfer Marc remains, but if TN is sold, new owners are more likely to at least listen to the suggestions of a thousand paying charter members... That is revenue coming in......It is a sign of support of TreasureNet...

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
SWR said:
Sandman said:

I think the purpose of the Charter Membership drive is try an prevent Marc from selling his website.

I don't think sponsors, servers or other overhead/operating expenses have entered the equation, or the site folding

Purpose of the drive is two fold, if possible give Marc cause to possibly think twice about the sale, most of us would perfer Marc remains, but if TN is sold, new owners are more likely to at least listen to the suggestions of a thousand paying charter members... That is revenue coming in......

That's nice of ya'll to do that for Marc......however, the site is not going to fold. That is a bad direction to go when trying to boost paying memberships :wink:

SWR, your certainly entitled to your opinion as are all, I know we have gotten over 25 new members since starting and still signing up more...Bottom line is to support TreasureNet.

Nov 20, 2009

This is my first post. I have read all the wit and wisdom and some whining. Some people always complain, I ignore them. As for the value of this site......this is what I have learned.

Ever notice that 10% of the fishermen catch 90% of all the fish? It is the same here. The secret to a treasure hunters success is right here in these pages. It could be worth millions, and it truly is. But... only 10% of the people will understand this and another 10% will spend all of their free time trying their best to prove my statement wrong, it is just what they WANT to do!
If the web site needs more money, don't waste time trying to talk the others into the loop. We just need to get a bigger audience.
I bet if a few of us went on Oprah, to show how America's families could earn a few extra bucks and trinkets, can you imagine the water cooler talk the next day after we showed what we find to America? Millions would sign on to our (this) site, a small percent would become Charter Members. If even 1 half of 1 % of the 30 million joined...... can you imagine?????/

So who am I, Well, I have and hold a world record in fishing, and I'm also doing really well in the treasure hunting and finding. I'm a 10%er, and I just block out the 40% that make too much negative noise, and I teach anyone else who wants to learn how to be successful at finding lots of gold and platinum.

I just can't help but think of all the metal detectors that will be at the Goodwill three months after the Oprah show. Some people just have no patience, and I'll be shopping at the goodwill for my back up units.

Julie, Newport Beach California, A real blond gold-digger from the 'OC' (gold-digger not blond)

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
SWR said:
Sandman said:

Purpose of the drive is two fold, if possible give Marc cause to possibly think twice about the sale, most of us would perfer Marc remains, but if TN is sold, new owners are more likely to at least listen to the suggestions of a thousand paying charter members... That is revenue coming in......

That's nice of ya'll to do that for Marc......however, the site is not going to fold. That is a bad direction to go when trying to boost paying memberships :wink:

SWR, your certainly entitled to your opinion as are all, I know we have gotten over 25 new members since starting and still signing up more...Bottom line is to support TreasureNet.

Oh...its not an opinion. I am only repeating what Marc has said/posted.

I do, however, think it unfair to make doomsayer posts about the forum folding in order to promote CM sales. That's just wrong in anybodies book

SWR, I never once said the forum was going to fold, I have no idea where you got that from. I have already posted what the purpose of the membrship drive is you quoted it so I assume you read it.

Treasure_Hunter said:

When Marc was asked by a Charter Member "Sale ??? Is this bad ???", his reply was "It could be bad - REAL BAD."

Once again just to be sure.......The purpose of the drive is two fold, if possible, give Marc cause to possibly think twice about the sale, most of us would perfer Marc remains, but if TN is sold, new owners are more likely to at least listen to the suggestions of a thousand paying charter members... That is revenue coming in.........

It is simple, support the best Treasure Website on the net.............

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apologies SWR, it was hard to tell who you were replying to.........

Sandman does have a point though, there are times when the TN server is overloaded....I have gotten following message many times trying to access the server where it is overloaded...

"An Error Has Occurred!
Please try again later. Server unavailable due to high load on the server."

There is maintenance, upgrades, new servers, software programming that is required for websites, all of this costs money....

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Treasure_Hunter said:
beachboy said:
That sound great, yet I do not have payp and I do not have a credit card...I know that sounds strange...
Is there anyway I can pay using a money order...or something else...I would love to support this sight...It has been great..But would like another pay option..Thanks

Beachboy,

It is only by paypal now that I know of, but here is what I can do. I have paypal, if your comfortable to send me a walmart pr postal money order, I will deposit it in my paypal account, and I will order the Charter Membership in your name. You would need to IM me your contact information as well as the name you used to register for TN if it is different then the name displayed.

I have already given out a Charter Membership as a Christmas gift to another member this way.....

I think you will find there are members here who will vouch for me.......
Thanks, Treasure Hunter, for hooking me up with the charter membership...I wanted to be come a member for awhile...yet did not have the pay pal option...

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you join without pay pal???? Sorry if this has been answered already..... Thanks, Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread