I am going to let him use the shovel ! lol.......Frank 111-1 profile.jpg

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were the land owner, I would tell you, 50/50 or nothing. You might have not found it. Sounds like a big gamble on your part to start with. What if you didn't find it?
Take the 50%. If you wanted it split 3 ways, you should have gone to the owner before investing your time and money and mad the deal then.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hikerdude. You are obviously new to cache hunting. The research is what tells you who the land owner is and where the location is. There is no way you can get permission to search an unknown lot from an unknown owner.
By the way, my partner has passed away, so I am going for 50/50 and sharing my 50 with my partners family. Frank

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow ,, was a long read but i did it . was like reading a novel and i almost cried when i read poor hunter died ( honestly ). i hope he finds the digging better where he is now.
any way my 2 cents worth. yes i can see others points that the land owner owns the property buried on his land, but i am with you that he has nothing invested and tends to gain more .
But i also think the amount of the cache would help me make up my mind . 50/50 on a 200-1,000 cach is worth fighting about,, but 50/50 of potentially 10 million ? no brainer , i would have jumped on the 50% . lol

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
wow ,, was a long read but i did it . was like reading a novel and i almost cried when i read poor hunter died ( honestly ). i hope he finds the digging better where he is now.
any way my 2 cents worth. yes i can see others points that the land owner owns the property buried on his land, but i am with you that he has nothing invested and tends to gain more .
But i also think the amount of the cache would help me make up my mind . 50/50 on a 200-1,000 cach is worth fighting about,, but 50/50 of potentially 10 million ? no brainer , i would have jumped on the 50% . lol

Good post, and you have a lot of heart reading the whole thing. I plan on going up to see him as soon as it warms up.
Here,s a little hint, I think it might have been looked for before metal detectors existed. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it over? Sorry about the deceased partner. I don 't know when I have ever seen a horse whipped as much as this one! The answer was plain from the first 15 words. You do or you don't. Your choice. End of discussion! Good Luck!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Is it over? Sorry about the deceased partner. I don 't know when I have ever seen a horse whipped as much as this one! The answer was plain from the first 15 words. You do or you don't. Your choice. End of discussion! Good Luck!

True, but the non answered offers are the real puzzlers. They are like maybes. Frank

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
True, but the non answered offers are the real puzzlers. They are like maybes. Frank/>

An optimist would say no answer is a maybe. A pessimist would say it is a refusal.

I guess you will find out when you knock on his door and present your proposal. How's the weather looking?

M

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
An optimist would say no answer is a maybe. A pessimist would say it is a refusal.

I guess you will find out when you knock on his door and present your proposal. How's the weather looking?

M

Well it almost hit 60 for 2 days and is now dipping in the 40's. I figure in a couple of weeks, I will ride the lamb up there. The daffodils stems are 3"high all around. Frank

skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg Yea, it's a rose. I am to lazy to look for the daffodils.

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank,

I assume you will be using your two box detector to start with, yes? Does that type of detector work better in damp soil versus dry?

M

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frank,

I assume you will be using your two box detector to start with, yes? Does that type of detector work better in damp soil versus dry?

M

I have used it on many types of soil with no problem. I have heard that it will go crazy on a salt beach, but I have not tried that yet.
It will pick up a cache of gold coins to about 6'+ and It won't pickup the small junk like nails, pulltabs, aluminum foil, etc.
It will pickup in the ground or in a wall you walk by. It was a good buy. Got it from a member here. Just added a shoulder strap and a red LED that lights on target. Frank...

pink flower.jpg

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep us posted Frank , even if you find a empty hole where treasure used to be * wink wink * since if there was treasure there and it was found some one would want taxes or even a favor.
lol
any way best of luck on the search.

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes do post photos of any deep holes that your dog dug. "Bad dog, bad dog, don't dig any more deep holes like that". <loll>

M

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Yes do post photos of any deep holes that your dog dug. "Bad dog, bad dog, don't dig any more deep holes like that". <loll>

M

As a matter of fact, Blue does like to dig my finds. Frank

Blue 1212.jpg

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that I see Blue up close, I think besides digging up treasure he might even be a good negotiator on contract percentages. Like 99 for Blue and 1 for you!

M

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Now that I see Blue up close, I think besides digging up treasure he might even be a good negotiator on contract percentages. Like 99 for Blue and 1 for you!

M

Actually we split 50/50. When we take a break and I open a pack of cookies, he gets half. And you can bet he counts every piece I eat. lol Frank...

Blue 1212.jpg He's also my guardian. He can hear a cat walking across the grass 50' away, probably further!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
he reminds me of a rednose pit I had years ago,,damn good dog.

Well, he is a Statfordshire Terrior and they are commonly called red noise pitt bulls. They have a red heart,or arrowhead just above there nose.
You can get them from Bulldog Rescue. That organization saves them from death at the pound. There is a TV show about them called Pit Bulls and Parolees. Frank

Gracie and friend.jpg This is Gracie, my last bulldog, but she was an English Bulldog, all 80#s.

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Pioneer Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, he is a Statfordshire Terrior and they are commonly called red noise pitt bulls. They have a red heart,or arrowhead just above there nose.
You can get them from Bulldog Rescue. That organization saves them from death at the pound. There is a TV show about them called Pit Bulls and Parolees. Frank

View attachment 760786 This is Gracie, my last bulldog, but she was an English Bulldog, all 80#s.

Hell Frankn that there is one of those rare goosenose English Bulldogs! GL on the hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread