This coin looks similar:

image-1170080645.jpg

image-3738439951.jpg

M

robertwhite

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay, even I am thinking I should have taken the deal. There is snow on the ground up there now.

Well, at least you are finally starting to realize you made a mistake. If there is snow there and you can not even approach this again until next spring, an entire year will have gone by for what? You could have taken the property/cache owners offer and been on your merry way long ago. Odds are that come springtime, he won't even discuss the matter with you which means you put all the time and effort in for absolutely nothing. Makes zero sense in my book.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, at least you are finally starting to realize you made a mistake. If there is snow there and you can not even approach this again until next spring, an entire year will have gone by for what? You could have taken the property/cache owners offer and been on your merry way long ago. Odds are that come springtime, he won't even discuss the matter with you which means you put all the time and effort in for absolutely nothing. Makes zero sense in my book.

To paraphrase the words of the immortal J. Frank Dobie, "the wealth is not in the treasure in the ground, it's in the telling of the story" even when no treasure ever existed at all!

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snow in Connecticut today. Hope that it goes away, so I can still go treasure hunting.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Whitepost, Here's a couple for you. You win some, you lose some.
Hindsite is 20/20.
Don't cry over spilled milk.
And my favorite, festina lente. Frank

Jason, That's a hint, he was a writter also! Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 376

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazyfish
Your name fit you. I have a son name Danny, name after my brother. Both are doing just great seeking treasures out West.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
With deep regret, I was informed that my partner, Poor Hunter has passed away. All I know is it was a sudden passing. Frank skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I actually only met him once in person when we went to the cache area to try to narrow it down. He was a good honest descent person. When we talked about the cache, he said I should get more because I spent more time on the hunt. I said no, even splits, you will work for it. You just never know when your number is coming up. Frank

Attachments

• skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 104

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my partner and myself have found the site of a cache. I sent an offer to the land owner of 1/3 for my partner,1/3 for me and 1/3 for the land owner. His reply was he would only accept a 50/50 deal. I sent an E Mail ex planing that we had spent months of research time and on the ground research time plus paid for additional info. I mentioned that if the cash had already been found we loose time effort and money on the search but he looses nothing. I also ex planed that possibly months of electronic searching may still be required. The question for this post is do you think he will accept the 1/3 cut? Frank
God bless your partner. He was a good man.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
A while back some city boy posted that he could hunt 10 Ac. in a short time, I think it was a couple of days. Well it was obvious that he was new to TH and a park hunting city boy. I finally got up to the top 5 Ac. of my property to take a few pictures. I broke thru with my loader. The briars, brush and vines are 10' tall in some places. Also shown is my "other partner, Blue". He works for food and treats. lol Diesel is starting to drop, so if there is a warm streak, I might try a trip to the location. Frank

IMG_8924=700.jpg IMG_8925-700.jpg IMG_8926-700.jpg IMG_8928-700.jpg IMG_8933-700.jpg IMG_8934-700.jpg IMG_8935-700.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I could hunt that in a short time. Wouldn,t cover more of it than enough to ask if i can hunt by the house! Blue is lookin good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions