Forrest Fenn s treasure

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks cw0909. Was looking for that interview.

why were you looking for it, i always check the santa fe online newspapers,radio, news
every few weeks, its easier than hunting down the leads to them from other sites, as
they are usually vague no links ect.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Just waiting til it was posted here. I do have santa fe co. bookmarked but eh...it popped up here.

HeavyMetalThunder

Aug 5, 2015
Texas/Colorado/Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to go get forest's treasure this weekend...I actually made 2 trips to within 2 miles of FF's treasure last month...But I'm trying to keep to the spirit of "the thrill of the chase". I decided instead of leaving Texas and just going and get the treasure...I would try to make a game, adventure out of my search.

I've gave hints, played word games, even did a little fishing (got nibbles too!) on this forum...no thrill though.

Been hiding out in Colorado the last three weeks fishing, elk camp, a little prospecting...a slight tingle but no thrill.

So I'm heading out to get his darn treasure... I have never corresponded with Forrest but if someone wants to get a reaction from him ask if the name Kendell rings a bell!

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to go get forest's treasure this weekend...I actually made 2 trips to within 2 miles of FF's treasure last month...But I'm trying to keep to the spirit of "the thrill of the chase". I decided instead of leaving Texas and just going and get the treasure...I would try to make a game, adventure out of my search.

I've gave hints, played word games, even did a little fishing (got nibbles too!) on this forum...no thrill though.

Been hiding out in Colorado the last three weeks fishing, elk camp, a little prospecting...a slight tingle but no thrill.

So I'm heading out to get his darn treasure... I have never corresponded with Forrest but if someone wants to get a reaction from him ask if the name Kendell rings a bell!
Where do you search Colorado or NM?
TT

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
do you mean Kendall Mountain and have a good time on the hunt

HeavyMetalThunder

Aug 5, 2015
Texas/Colorado/Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a recon of half of "no paddle creek" from it's canyons north rim today, google maps, earth is totally useless so I accessed north rim to get a accurate picture of what I'm working with.... shot some vectors to the blaze too...got a spot picked to check in a day or two.

tomorrow going up canyon/creek from its mouth....there is a short trail that goes up it.

Binos back in Texas, so I'm a little handicapped...but somebody was up on the crest of the mountain range where the canyon starts/end. there is access up that way but
my plats end where he was...would have been feasible and the only way for a old man to get to my picked spot!

HeavyMetalThunder

Aug 5, 2015
Texas/Colorado/Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna save that Scottish lad the trouble and expense! 3 million pounds! whats the exchange rate? seems like the value keeps going up...must be inflation!

well I didn't get much searching in yesterday, was to sore from the previous day's hike!...did a little search of "no paddle creek's" canyon mouth...some possibilities.

....BUT coming back out I noticed that there was a short continuation of the trail through a SUBDIVISION!

Well I know forrest's modus operandi with the use of heavy loads and water high so a subdivision made sense...I thought the elevation might be low but google earth shows trail starts at 5010'...draw a line from HOB to the blaze and the line passes over it....the name of the subdivision!...whispering (something tree/s) All the street names are after Indian tribes!.....brave and in the wood!

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
OK now I've heard some idea's ...but a subdivision!!!!! lol I'm not convinced a subdivision is a special place to FF.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions