diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can be against it all you want, but your never going to be able to stop it or do anything about it. Everything you could ever want to know about CRH can be found here, other websites, on youtube, and the many books written on the subject.
Agreed. The cat was let out of the bag years ago. I quit several years ago when it dried up in my area because of all the competition, including the tellers. When the odds get close to 50,000 to 1 for finding a single silver coin, forget it. A total waste of time unless all you do is sit around watching tv all day. You all have at it, my time is much more valuable. Hobby or not, it ain't that fun..

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again. Its the chicken and the egg argument. Unless someone is stumbling around online looking for CRH info its not going to pop out at them. with that being said they can be searching Metal detecting stuff on youtube and a video about CRH pops up from the list of relevant topics. All bc someone felt the need to plaster a video on how to get free silver from banks.
I could are less how many articles are written, said articles are not jumping off the screen at people while they channel surf on youtube, videos are.
There could be 1 millions articles about CRH online, that point is meaningless. How do you think people get the idea of searchign or looking up said articles. From to many people opening there mouth, without that how would they even know what to search or look up fro info about the hobby

It's kind of common sense that if you like coins that you can go to a bank and search coins. I'm not sure why you are arguing with me about CRH videos. Like I said there is nothing you can do about them. You personally can be as secretive about CRH as you want, but anybody who who is even remotely interested in coins is going to find out about CRH. If you don't like coins then CRH is something that a person won't even try, even if they watch a video on it.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
point proven

this F****** clown

I agree that he is a clown, but anybody with a grain of common sense can see that. If anything that guy is turning people off from CRH. People will go into a bank and after being laughed at will never try CRH again because of the embarrassment.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
I agree that he is a clown, but anybody with a grain of common sense can see that. If anything that guy is turning people off from CRH. People will go into a bank and after being laughed at will never try CRH again because of the embarrassment.

Unfortunately completely false. Most people have zero common sense. It's why every time I pick up on a road trip they always say, you not bringing them back right.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately completely false. Most people have zero common sense. It's why every time I pick up on a road trip they always say, you not bringing them back right.

I disagree, most people have common sense. It's just that you only hear about the bad ones who don't. The tellers are not going to talk about the people who do it the right way. They only complain about the one or two thato are pain is their a$$.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
I disagree, most people have common sense. It's just that you only hear about the bad ones who don't. The tellers are not going to talk about the people who do it the right way. They only complain about the one or two thato are pain is their a$$.

Only takes one or two idiots to screw up a good thing

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only takes one or two idiots to screw up a good thing

If that were true CRH would have died a long time ago. At most those idiots can only inconvenience you. I'm sure you can come up with a bunch of stories about idiots doing something stupid. But my point.is that you are still CRH and you have found a way to persevere and still CRH.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are now condemned to start over at this point !

Respect each Other Or receive No respect !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are now condemned to start over at this point !

Respect each Other Or receive No respect !
You can also lose the ability to post at all..

Please read and post by TreasureNet's rules, they are the only rules that really count here....

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It's kind of common sense that if you like coins that you can go to a bank and search coins. I'm not sure why you are arguing with me about CRH videos. Like I said there is nothing you can do about them. You personally can be as secretive about CRH as you want, but anybody who who is even remotely interested in coins is going to find out about CRH. If you don't like coins then CRH is something that a person won't even try, even if they watch a video on it.

Again, I am case and point, never had any interest in coins at all, ever.... I run my lawn service and use to scrap metal for a living, I was looking up you tube vids about scrapping metal and noticed a vid below about junk Silver, I watched the vid and watched the guy start pulling out Silver half dollars, I had never ever heard of such a thing ever... I was completely AMAZED!!, I sat that whole night and whatched every vid I could find on it ( and there werent many back then 5+ yrs ago) I went to my banks the next day and started ordering and here I am still searching 28 boxes every week. I NEVER EVER in a million years would have thought I would start CRHing, all from accidentally finding a you tube vid I wasn't even interested in. And I would say that I am one the highest Silver pulling members here by looking at everyones yr end finds every year, this week alon I pulled 41 90's and 84 40's from 26 boxes. HH, Maverick.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Again, I am case and point, never had any interest in coins at all, ever.... I run my lawn service and use to scrap metal for a living, I was looking up you tube vids about scrapping metal and noticed a vid below about junk Silver, I watched the vid and watched the guy start pulling out Silver half dollars, I had never ever heard of such a thing ever... I was completely AMAZED!!, I sat that whole night and whatched every vid I could find on it ( and there werent many back then 5+ yrs ago) I went to my banks the next day and started ordering and here I am still searching 28 boxes every week. I NEVER EVER in a million years would have thought I would start CRHing, all from accidentally finding a you tube vid I wasn't even interested in. And I would say that I am one the highest Silver pulling members here by looking at everyones yr end finds every year, this week alon I pulled 41 90's and 84 40's from 26 boxes. HH, Maverick.

Yup Maverick
You've been heavy hunting ever since I can remember.
Trust I'm happy you got to know the hobby and hunt well. My worry has always been the people who don't know any better, see a few videos then screw up vs good pick up or dump bank that people like you and myself have worked hard to mold

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup Maverick
You've been heavy hunting ever since I can remember.
Trust I'm happy you got to know the hobby and hunt well. My worry has always been the people who don't know any better, see a few videos then screw up vs good pick up or dump bank that people like you and myself have worked hard to mold

I wouldn't worry about anything. Chances are good that you will be shut down or need to change banks eventually. Weather it be a newbie moving in your territory, or bank employees changing jobs and you get tellers that dont want to play nice with you. Or a new vault manager that isn't into ordering alot of coins or accepting your dumps in bag form. There are a million things that can happen and only a few of them are in your control. Just roll with the punches and enjoy it while it lasts.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad I have a business account and can order and dump any coin or paper I want with no repercussions.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
I wouldn't worry about anything. Chances are good that you will be shut down or need to change banks eventually. Weather it be a newbie moving in your territory, or bank employees changing jobs and you get tellers that dont want to play nice with you. Or a new vault manager that isn't into ordering alot of coins or accepting your dumps in bag form. There are a million things that can happen and only a few of them are in your control. Just roll with the punches and enjoy it while it lasts.

Exactly
Rule: 1092
Everyone gets shut down at some point

That's why rule
1093 is important
Always have multiple pick up banks

Last edited:
OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
I'm glad I have a business account and can order and dump any coin or paper I want with no repercussions.

Don't think you invincible with a business account.
Couple people on here have been asked to stop bc of heavy coin volume even with business accounts.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes, I have 2 business accounts for pick up and dump, they are for my coin ring business, they know exactly what I do and why I order and deposit coin. How ever I do deal with about 5-6 branches of each every week and I dump 4-5 days a week at one of the branches and once a week at the others.
HH, Maverick.

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It also helps for now that I have made all my bank mangers Silver State rings for them too, and some of the vault tellers by request :laughing7:. HH, Maverick.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think you invincible with a business account.
Couple people on here have been asked to stop bc of heavy coin volume even with business accounts.
Of course, not invincible but it makes it a whole lot easier when it comes to ordering. Common sense goes a long way when it comes to dumping your boxes too. The old adage of "don't $%^& where you eat" comes to mind.

It also helps for now that I have made all my bank mangers Silver State rings for them too, and some of the vault tellers by request :laughing7:. HH, Maverick.
Yes, "sucking up" goes a long way sometimes. Fair game play, nothing wrong with that, lol.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Of course, not invincible but it makes it a whole lot easier when it comes to ordering. Common sense goes a long way when it comes to dumping your boxes too. The old adage of "don't $%^& where you eat" comes to mind.

Yes, "sucking up" goes a long way sometimes. Fair game play, nothing wrong with that, lol.

Ya
I figure it would be with a business account. I've thought about opening one in the past, but I'm holding that as my ace in the hole if I ever have an instance where I get shut down from all of my pick ups

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread