I forgot to mention.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
lesjcbs said:
Hey, if you want to see how SWR and other skeptics are being stomped and trounced on, go to the forum "Today's Finds" then click on the string "Significant Junk." They are really taking a beating there and from some people who retired from jobs where they dowsed for years for their companies to find various things.

I checked out the thread. Love it!!! And the word "beating" is an understatement!! LOL

They just can't stand for people to challenge their fragile beliefs, can they? :laughing9:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
http://forum.treasurenet.com/guide
Treasurer net beginners guide to metal detecting
The key is learning your particular detector! A hobbyist that knows his less expensive machine is going to do better than an inexperienced hobbyist with an expensive machine, so take the time to learn what your particular machine is telling you!
Q: How do I learn what my detector is telling me?
A: First, read the manual. It is full of great information that will aid you. Next research online for videos and tutorials. This will help you learn your machine from the people who are experienced with it! Look through the forums here, and ask if you have questions!
At first dig everything! This way you will get to know how your machine reacts to various items in the soil.
It takes time to learn your machine, so stick with it! After ten hours or so you will know your machine, and will be able to dig more effectively for good targets. Don't get discouraged when you dig up trash. Even the most experienced hobbyists dig up their share of trash!
Q: How do I dig?
A: It is very important to learn how to dig properly. Learn how to pinpoint your targets. Knowing exactly where your target is in the soil means less digging. Next, learn how to dig a clean plug. One of the most accepted ways of doing this is to dig a half circle about 3-4” deep, then fold the soil back. This helps keep the grass alive by keeping the roots on one side intact. Then, after you have retrieved your target, fill your hole, and put the plug back in. The end result should look like you have never been there!
Q: Are Headphones Necessary?
A: No, but that are VERY helpful. Their primary purpose is to help the detectorist hear the faint signals, the deep signals, which are frequently the oldest targets.
Q: All I am finding is trash. Why?
A: Don't get frustrated if at first, all you find is pull tabs and foil, or bits of metal. It takes time to learn what your detector is trying to tell you. Generally speaking it takes about ten hours in the field before you know your detector well enough to know what it is trying to tell you, and it takes 100 hours or so to become real proficient with it! That is a lot of time, and a lot of digging!
Gee Les...It seems like a whole lot of skeptics do not understand the rules for beginning Metal dectector operators...Art

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
well, i see swr is calling dowsers scavengers. i say his mammy was one to drag up such as him.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aart: That's correct.

I might add. After you know what your detecting instrument is telling you, then to find what you are looking for, you must go where what you are looking for is to have any kind of a chance of finding it.

Found more junk today while dowsing. I'll post a picture later. Right now I am waiting for my camera batteries to recharge. Shouldn't take long.

Oh the anticipation of it all. ???

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Les...Time will tell you everything..After 10 years I am still learning...Heck..You are doing them a favor by digging the trash that they would have to dig...Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks: As promised, here is a picture of what I found today while dowsing. One rusty staple, one rusty nail, one rusty bent rod, and one shinny spent .38 Caliber Shell. The people who own the property sure like their place cleaned up. Good PR you know. Makes it easier for them in many ways and especially gives them reason to be curious and very friendly and to have an opened mind too.

Enjoy the thought I found them while dowsing.

Along with this, I was able to show my friend how I dowse. He was impressed and wants to do more of it next Tuesday. If the weather is good again, I'll be there.

Attachments

• S5300387.JPG
    S5300387.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 371
  • S5300387.JPG
    S5300387.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 361
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10claw: If you pause for a moment, you might sense the skeptics are really watching my finds closely. They are watching so closely their eyes are probably starting to water. Why are they watching so closely? Simply because they fear and know way down in their hearts of hearts that maybe, that's just maybe, my next post will not be a piece of junk, but will be a find that matches or beats their finds all to !^%&**)(*&%^$! and back.

For right now, all I can say is stay tuned. It could happen at any time. More dowsing finds coming. Oh how I love the suspense and anticipation of it all.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
10claw: If you pause for a moment, you might sense the skeptics are really watching my finds closely. They are watching so closely their eyes are probably starting to water. Why are they watching so closely? Simply because they fear and know way down in their hearts of hearts that maybe, that's just maybe, my next post will not be a piece of junk, but will be a find that matches or beats their finds all to !^%&**)(*&%^$! and back.

For right now, all I can say is stay tuned. It could happen at any time. More dowsing finds coming. Oh how I love the suspense and anticipation of it all.

Again you have made a claim heres a few finds from 30 years of bottle digging didn,t use a MD to find these. Your great find is what ???

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_0366.jpg
    100_0366.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 343
  • 100_0367.jpg
    100_0367.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 352
  • 100_0369.jpg
    100_0369.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 100_0370.jpg
    100_0370.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 100_0372.jpg
    100_0372.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 349
  • 100_0374.jpg
    100_0374.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 100_0367.jpg
    100_0367.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 349
  • 100_0366.jpg
    100_0366.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 336
  • 100_0369.jpg
    100_0369.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 340
  • 100_0370.jpg
    100_0370.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 351
  • 100_0372.jpg
    100_0372.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 344
  • 100_0374.jpg
    100_0374.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 343

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~SWR~
Nice examples of dirt-free rust
It is just amazing how little knowledge you have about Treasure Hunting..It seems like after reading all the posts and having answered 10350 of them you would have learned something about the subject..Art

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
~SWR~
Nice examples of dirt-free rust
It is just amazing how little knowledge you have about Treasure Hunting..It seems like after reading all the posts and having answered 10350 of them you would have learned something about the subject..Art

9461 posts and how many of your posts have finds in them ????????

tinpan

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~tinpan~
9461 posts and how many of your posts have finds in them
Many posts of finds..Also movies of finds...they a were all bad mouth by the skeptics..Treasure is what ever the finder thinks it is...Art

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
well tinpan, i see you went out and took pictures of someone else's finds. or if it is yours, how much did you pay for all that junk?
a bottle is a bottle is a bottle. so what?????????????????+-
:tongue3: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10claw said:
well tinpan, i see you went out and took pictures of someone else's finds. or if it is yours, how much did you pay for all that junk?
a bottle is a bottle is a bottle. so what?????????????????+-
:tongue3: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Many of these finds are clearly recorded in seperate posts in todays finds over the past 7 years.Total collection is worth more than you would make in 10 years. Want to see more smart arse ??? Plus more than 30 0zs of gold. Got a lot of silver and tokens too.

tinpan Post your dowsing finds or shut up

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tinpan: You shut up and I have license to tell you to shut up as I posted dowsing finds per your request in your post #90, a fact you cannot forget, get away from, and which is deep under your skin and festering.

I see in Todays Finds forum some people display rusty items also. So you shut up and go play in the nearest freeway.

Here in the U.S. of A., we call the donkey a Jackass. It's bray is HEE HAW, HEE HAW, HEE HAW, GRUNT, GRUNT, GRUNT. You bray more than any Jackass I have ever been around.

Got two rusty dowsing finds to display. An engine spark plug and what looks like a buckle that might have been from an old harness of some kind. Along with the several loopholes through which straps went through, it has a prong which a leather strap with holes in it fastened to. Don’t know for sure.

Enjoy the thought skeptics, I found both while dowsing.

Attachments

• S5300385.JPG
    S5300385.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 348

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
lesjcbs said:
tinpan: You shut up and I have license to tell you to shut up as I posted dowsing finds per your request in your post #90, a fact you cannot forget, get away from, and which is deep under your skin and festering.

I see in Todays Finds forum some people display rusty items also. So you shut up and go play in the nearest freeway.

Here in the U.S. of A., we call the donkey a Jackass. It's bray is HEE HAW, HEE HAW, HEE HAW, GRUNT, GRUNT, GRUNT. You bray more than any Jackass I have ever been around.

Got two rusty dowsing finds to display. An engine spark plug and what looks like a buckle that might have been from an old harness of some kind. Along with the several loopholes through which straps went through, it has a prong which a leather strap with holes in it fastened to. Don’t know for sure.

Les, you are wasting your time trying to reason with the worshipers in the Randi cult. No matter what you say or do, you will never get them to admit they are wrong. Even with their butts getting stomped in Today's Finds by all the posts by people who dowse or witnessed dowsing at some point, they will not back down. Of course, what should we expect? I suppose it would be embarrassing to be as highly educated (snicker) as they claim to be, but can't figure out how to operate coat hangers. :laughing9:

Carry on, and good luck with dowsing!

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ed: Yes, I know you are correct in what you are saying. To me this entire thing is absolutely fascinating.

I will be posting more finds very soon.

AT LAST, AT LAST, AT LAST, I think I have found a treasure-hunting buddy. I've been looking for one for a long time now and he lives near by. I showed him how I dowse and he really liked it. At his request and to my joy, we are going to meet again this coming Tuesday, weather permitting, for more fun metal detecting with both dowsing L - Rods and Md's. I have an extra pair of rods, which I think I will give to him as a present. LOL.

This last Wednesday we met for the first time. I dowsed to targets, then pinpointed with my MD while he swung his MD only. The striking thing about it was the time difference to targets was vastly different. Because I dowsed first, I was able to go directly to targets. In fact I was able to stand, watch, and talk with him, with my find in my hand, while he walked around scanning to eventually find a target to dig up. After standing, talking, and watching him for a minute or so while he was scanning or digging away, finally I would say: “Well, lets see if I can find something else around here” and dowsing away I went. It was great. I didn't point out the time difference to targets to him then but maybe I will on Tuesday

I have said it before and I will say it again, dowsing has taken me to targets many times faster than if I had swung my metal detector only to find that same target. It's just that simple.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:

Heres some silver for you and your junk is not even close

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_0889.jpg
    100_0889.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 339

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
tinpan, why do you buy coins with holes in them. as far as smart arse, just remember swr and you are the smarties as you 2 are the one's
stirring the s--- pot. maybe the same mammy brought both of you in by way of randy boy.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tinpan: I never said the junk I found was in and of themselves valuable as silver or gold. They are not. However, because I found my junk while dowsing, which you say can't happen, is what makes them valuable as they are evidence that dowsing does work. Your attempts to muddy the waters based on an items monetary value is futile.

That buckle I found has been in the ground many years and is rusted away pretty bad. It was about 6" deep. It looks like it was part of a harness that was used on horse drawn wagons or carriages before cars were in invented.

BTW, great collection of silver items.

Stay tuned, more finds, rusty junk or not, coming soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread