I forgot to mention.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a picture of three items I found while dowsing today: 1. A piece of a tin can. 2. Bent tent peg. 3. Part of a rustynail. I found them in that order whiledowning. Yes, they are junk items butthe point is, I found them while dowsing.

The piece of tin can was directly under where my rodscrossed (ground zero) The other twowere off center within a few inches of ground zero.

More dowsing finds coming soon.

Attachments

• S5300328.JPG
    S5300328.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, where are all the skeptics now days?

I keep coming back to see if there are any hard-core dowsing skeptics posting posts, but I don't see them. Am I missing something here? Have they all been converted or what?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~Les~
  1. Hey, where are all the skeptics now days?

I keep coming back to see if there are any hard-core dowsing skeptics posting posts, but I don't see them. Am I missing something here? Have they all been converted or what?
They have been very few on here since the ownership changed. We have had many more Treasure hunters asking for help in the last few months. Many more people now know that we are part of treasure hunting since we have a new spot on this site. ..Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm, I have been away from this site for some time now and I didn’t know the ownership changed. I guess the new owners don’t put up with the type of posts the hard-core skeptics like SWR and Tin Pan posted in the past. In a way, that is good but in another it makes things sterile and boring when everyone agrees to everything. I loved how those guys went absolutely nuts when, meeting their challenge, I started posting my dowsing finds. That was some good action and it kept me motivated and trying new dowsing techniques that you and other experienced dowsers described too. It was great.

Last edited:

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Les; If I had to guess, I would say they finally went with someone and saw it in person. Or (God forbid) got the rods in their hands in a good place. Just like the yahoos fussing over the Bionic units, they never had one in their hands to see what really went on.

No matter what anyone says or claims, unless you can do it, it's not real. At least for you. BUT, If a time comes you are able to acomplish something you thought impossible, the changing of incorrect beliefs into certainty can cause mental meltdown as you consider what else you may be wrong about.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please dowse this picture for me.

As the story goes, somewhere in this area it is said there are no less than 10 cache's of gold coins buried in several locations. Can you dowse this for me to see what you come up with?

Thanks.

Attachments

• mp.jpg
    mp.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check this out:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Les...good movie.....I would have used baited rods and panned a lot slower but that is my way..On the map I get 4 holes in the lower right corner...Art

mp[1].jpg

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Line dowse.

Art: Do you detect a target or targets on the straight red line? If so, can you tell how deep and the weight also?

Thanks.

Les.

Attachments

• MP-3.jpg
    MP-3.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Continuation line.

ART: Here is a picture map of the area not showing in your post #530. The one single red line is a continuation into that area not shown in post 529 or 530. If you could, please dowse this picture to see if you detect a target and also, if possible, how deep it is and it's weight. I am looking for possible multiple targets of gold coins.

Thanks,

Les

Attachments

• art line.jpg
    art line.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Art:

I did some research into past posts in the dowsing forum earlier today. In one of them, you were telling how you did not know if you were helping anyone or not by posting information you know and your techniques in your dowsing efforts. Well I for one can say loud and clear thaty es, you have been a great help.

In that post series, a person said to the affect: They have a computer, and they know how it works. They have a TV and they know how it works. They have a metal detector and they know how it works. Then the person made this statement: “You say dowsing works but yet, you don’t know how it works?”

The point the person was getting at is just because one cannot explain how dowsing works, it follows that it does not work. The person was clearly a skeptic.

After reading the post, I asked my wife if she knew, in detail, how our car works? She said: “No.” I then asked her: “Do youknow, in detail, how our TV works? Again she said: “No.” Finally I asked: “Do you know in detail how our computer works? “No” came her reply. I then threw up my hands and sadly said: “Well, I guess that since you can not explain in detail to me how these and other things in and around the house work, I can only conclude and assume they in fact, don’t work.” She gave me one of those “Have you lost yourmind” looks, which of course, was appropriate for the conclusion I had come to.

Such are the ways of skeptics.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I will work on the map when I have the time.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/10838-want-try-dowsing.html

1. Re: Want to try Dowsing?

This needs a little more room and a stack of penny's won't hurt. Place the penny's so you have 20 or 30 feet of space. Find the signal line and mark it. There is two ways to follow the line to the target. From your marked spot you can walk a S pattern toward the target. Your rods will close and open each time you cross the line.
The other way is to stand on the line facing the target. As you walk toward the target your rods will form a rough V. After 2 or 3 steps stop. Side step 1/2 step to the left and right to see what your rods do. When you get to the target your rods will close.

All minerals have what is referred to as a "HALO" or cone of energy that comes to the surface at a 45 degree angle from the target. To determine the depth of a target--------

1. Stand over your target with the L-rods crossed.
2. Slowly walk away from the target and the rods will open and point ahead.
3. Inch along until the rods form an inverted V with the tips about 1 !/2 inches apart and mark the spot.
4. Measure the distance back to your target. That's how deep the target is.
5. If you measured 1 foot the target is less than 1 foot deep.

1. Re: Want to try Dowsing?

Once you find a signal line you have to follow it to your target. Find a large area ( thirty plus feet.) that has no random signal lines. Place your target in the center. Walk your square as far away from the target as you can. When the rods cross mark the spot. Get a string, fishing line or a rope and put it from your marked spot to the target. From the marked spot walk a S pattern toward the target noting that the rods close each time you cross the line. The rods will cross when you get to he target. The signal line will pass thought the target and keep going. To check that you have not went passed the target square your body to the signal line. The rods will be closed. Drop the rod that is closest to the target to your side. The other rod should point to the target. If it moves the other way you have went passed the target. This will work no matter which hand you drop. Hope this helps someone

The way it works for me is that the signals from the target run north, south, east and west?Art

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Art:

I did some research into past posts in the dowsing forum earlier today. In one of them, you were telling how you did not know if you were helping anyone or not by posting information you know and your techniques in your dowsing efforts. Well I for one can say loud and clear thaty es, you have been a great help.

In that post series, a person said to the affect: They have a computer, and they know how it works. They have a TV and they know how it works. They have a metal detector and they know how it works. Then the person made this statement: “You say dowsing works but yet, you don’t know how it works?”

The point the person was getting at is just because one cannot explain how dowsing works, it follows that it does not work. The person was clearly a skeptic.

After reading the post, I asked my wife if she knew, in detail, how our car works? She said: “No.” I then asked her: “Do youknow, in detail, how our TV works? Again she said: “No.” Finally I asked: “Do you know in detail how our computer works? “No” came her reply. I then threw up my hands and sadly said: “Well, I guess that since you can not explain in detail to me how these and other things in and around the house work, I can only conclude and assume they in fact, don’t work.” She gave me one of those “Have you lost yourmind” looks, which of course, was appropriate for the conclusion I had come to.

Such are the ways of skeptics.

hey les, that's placing the icing on the cake buddy. just don't give your wife my location -- i might get shot.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10Claw: I'll keep your location a seceret. LOL.

Art: I did the S maneuver across a line to a known target location. It worked perfectly. I have full faith and confidence in that maneuver. I also knew the depth and did the depth maneuver as you described. Again, it worked perfectly.

Now as to finding the target location from a distance. An excelent way to find the targets location is to triangulate.

1. Find the line to a target out there. Mark where you are standing as spot A.

2. Move to the right or left on a 60 degree angle course from spot A. Example: If your target line is 360 / 0 degrees, move on a course that is 60 degrees from where you are standing. As you progress along this 60 degree course from spot A, from time to time, scan back across (left) the line that goes out from spot A.

3. Keep moving out along that line scanning with your rod / s until you pick up a target signal line 60 degrees across that first line, or that is 330 degrees. That spot is spot B. Where those two lines cross is spot C (Target location)

4. Measure the distance from spot A to B. That distance is the same distance to the target from spot A out to Spot C, and from spot B out to spot C.

This is based on the equilateral triangle. All sides are 60 degrees from each other. It can also be done based on the isoceles triangle shape (two unequal sides) where the distances are very great.

I never took geometry so don't know the math behind all this but I do understand the method at for the equilateral triangle.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Knowing how to use triangulate is something every Dowser should know. There will come a time when you get a target many miles from your location. There will be a cliff, large body of water or something in your way. I have even been caught in a heavy thunderstorm where a wise man will get out of there.

I use a GPS when I triangulate...Just move up the signal line and take two more readings. Do the same thing at another spot. Put the readings on a map and draw a line. Now you can find the best way to get to the target...Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Knowing how to use triangulate is something every Dowser should know. There will come a time when you get a target many miles from your location. There will be a cliff, large body of water or something in your way. I have even been caught in a heavy thunderstorm where a wise man will get out of there.

I use a GPS when I triangulate...Just move up the signal line and take two more readings. Do the same thing at another spot. Put the readings on a map and draw a line. Now you can find the best way to get to the target...Art

That's great. Until now, I did not think of using my GPS to first mark Spot A, then after moving to the right or left to find Spot B, see on my GPS what the distance is back to spot A. DAH. Fantastic. Simple.

ART: Don't ever think you never helped anyone. You would be greatly mistaken if you did as you have helped me greatly.

Thanks,

Les

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thank You Les...First check your GPS...My old unit work good with the rods but my new one has a problem because of gold contacts...If I carry it in a fanny pack it will interfere with my rod. In a backpack it is ok..Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There seems to be Gold Coins buried 2 feet deep in a metal container

View attachment 653051

Thanks. I'll be checking it out in the future.

We are leaving for vacation and a family reunion tomorrow and won't be back for about a week. So I won't be back on the net until after we are back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread