Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am stunned that there are so many people giving credence to dowsing. Engage your brains, people. If you believe this, you should keep it to yourselves, or form your own religion. Utter and complete fantasy. "I was out dowsing for lost gold, and all of a sudden, Sasquatch appeared, and pointed to the Alien craft in the sky, that spoke to me with telepathy, and then transported me aboard, and showed me the galaxy, probed me on the way home, and dropped me in my bed, where I all of a sudden woke up in a cold sweat, and couldn't remember how I got home, except I remember the rest of what happened. I know what I saw."

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes there are many people giving credence to dowsing and there is a reason for that fact. It works. I know what I have found while dowsing. Simple. Have you found anything while dowsing?

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Here is part of what I wrote last fall on a similar thread:

"I can not speak to how dowsing works, nor can I speak as to the capabilities of anyone on this forum who may claim to have dowsing abilities. I can, however, speak to my own experience.

When I lived in both the upper Mojave and lower Mojave Desert of California, I had what may have been either an acquired or an intuitive ability to read the surrounding terrain and locate accessible water, primarily near surface. I will not call this a dowsing ability. You may call it what you like.

After a stroke a few years ago this ability quickly abated, to the point of now being non-existent.

In addition, when I lived near the Morongo Basin, I did know a self described dowser who could identify where and how deep a driller needed to go in order to hit potable water. Amazingly to me, at the time, was his ability to tell the driller if the water was cold, warm, hot, or steam under pressure.

I have known others, over the decades, who have had what appeared to be some ability at dowsing. Some better than others.

How does dowsing work? I do not know. Does it work? At least to some extent in my experience."

The only bit of advice I can give is that since you believe dowsing is so much BS, you simply refrain from comment on the subject, especially in the dowsing section of this forum. Your comments above serve no purpose except to anger and agitate others.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I for one am not offended by any of the past or present skeptics comments and input. In fact, I tend to thrive on them. It seems that when the skeptics stop posting, I become less motivated to go out and practice my dowsing. It is an art that interests me greatly. I guess the reason for that is I at one time was a hard core dowsing skeptic. But, after trying it myself, I stopped being a skeptic and have found many things dowsing, even in places I had never been in before and which were way out in no mans land.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kray, you said:: "I was out dowsing for lost gold, and all of a sudden, Sasquatch appeared, and pointed to the Alien craft in the sky, that spoke to me with telepathy, and then transported me aboard, and showed me the galaxy, probed me on the way home, and dropped me in my bed, where I all of a sudden woke up in a cold sweat, ::
My thoughts = probed only once?? my, my my. i can believe that, BUT why waste your time here, go on back for more probing,.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sasquach....probing....dropping you in bed...? no thanks I'll stick with dowsing and don't even want to hear what you do with your double d coil...

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Sticking with fact w/o any comprehension of how this is possible this is what I know. I worked for a mechanical contractor that when having issues of where a water line was buried depended on a couple of plumbers. They would pick up the "rods" and proceed to locate the pipes. Almost every time. When I asked how they just shrugged their shoulders. Who knows.
The next thing I know is that in the SW a bank loan could be obtained for land on a letter from a dosser. Seems if a bank has faith there might be something to it.
In India, my understanding is no rods or sticks are used. The dosser just grabs their stomach as if in pain and points down to where he believes water to be.
I would suggest for yourself, to construct some rods and test yourself. I know not all can do it but try. I tried to locate a pipe once but couldn't. My wife found it right away. Not scientific I know but cultures have been dossing for probably thousands of years.
Just because something can't be explained doesn't mean it's not true. I think that's the beginning of religion.
Personally I'd draw a line when it comes to dossing maps and such.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of my core tenents in life has been to not discuss religion, for a religious belief is not open to question. The same mindset applies to a belief in dowsing. When one decides to vocally prescribe to a belief in something that no reasonable, thoughtful person can explain using logic and the laws of nature and physics, like alien abductions, sasquatch, and dowsing, one should know they are open to challenge. A heartfelt regret on my part, if my comments offended thee. We as Humanity cannot move forward until the bulk of us stop basing our lives and actions on myths, legends, fantasies, and magic. As for not commenting, I realize now that I entered a Church of Dowsers, and I showed disrespect toward your chosen belief. No debate here.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could point you to gold prospectors who are the same way. They will use the same language, speaking of the nuggets found by beeping. Ever read comments like this, "the gods of metal detecting have been good to me today". Why do they call it "gods of metal detecting" because it takes faith that you will find something.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my core tenents in life has been to not discuss religion, for a religious belief is not open to question. The same mindset applies to a belief in dowsing. When one decides to vocally prescribe to a belief in something that no reasonable, thoughtful person can explain using logic and the laws of nature and physics, like alien abductions, sasquatch, and dowsing, one should know they are open to challenge. A heartfelt regret on my part, if my comments offended thee. We as Humanity cannot move forward until the bulk of us stop basing our lives and actions on myths, legends, fantasies, and magic. As for not commenting, I realize now that I entered a Church of Dowsers, and I showed disrespect toward your chosen belief. No debate here.
Why don't you just post a map, without any gps or street signs on it. Make it some place without visible clues and only you know what is there. If it doesn't work, then no problem, because it will be easy to forget things here.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mr. Desert, I appreciate your level headedness. But let me understand this. I hide the items, make a map. Then what? Have a Dowser find them? Identify them? By looking at a posted map? Online? So this is a psychic skill. A gift. Why do you need the hardware? Why don't ya'll start finding bodies? Or serious friggin' treasures, or Lottery. Please. There, again, I am being disrespectful. Gotta go.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kray: I do not relate or equate dowsing with or as a religion. You said: One of my core tenents in life has been to not discuss religion, for a religious belief is not open to question.

The things I have found from dowsing and the things other people have found are not open to question. They are real, not imagined, made up, fake or fraud but real. If dowsing does not work, then nothing will be found.

You want a dowser to find a "serious friggin' treasure" so that you can accept that dowsing works. How do you know no one has not done that?

I see no disrespect from you at all.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Desert, I appreciate your level headedness. But let me understand this. I hide the items, make a map. Then what? Have a Dowser find them? Identify them? By looking at a posted map? Online? So this is a psychic skill. A gift. Why do you need the hardware? Why don't ya'll start finding bodies? Or serious friggin' treasures, or Lottery. Please. There, again, I am being disrespectful. Gotta go.
Generally, hiding something is not a good test. If you want a good old thread where 2 & 8 Reales (from a real treaure chest) were buried on a farm for us to map dowse, try this link. It will be kind of humorous, because I thought it was another skeptic testing us. Turns out he is a dowser himself.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/215033-map-dowsers-put-your-skills-test.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know Les. At what point do you put down your L-rods, and pick up your science? You know if any of your MD's passed over a silver coin, it will sound off with a beautiful tone. Not so with the swiveling L-rods, swinging to and fro with the slightest twitches of your hand. It seems that you can say ( or think )," find water". Or tomorrow," find oil". Or even," find Jimmy's graduation ring". That is one serious multi purpose tool, and why wouldn't you use it? Mystical. And to elh and 3cylbill, I was quoting your run-of-the-mill abductee. Also, the double d is a good tool, but for you two may I suggest the Makro Pinpointer, Vibration and tone, 4 sensitivity settings, interchangeable probe covers for convenience and probe protection, and a built in light, if you're having trouble, and the battery lasts a couple of HOURS!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The farm also was the site of a CW battle, they burnt down the barn and storage buildings.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not know either. All I can say is I have found things while field dowsing.

The way I field dowse is when my rods cross, staying inside a circle as large as I can reach with my electronic Metal Detector without moving off X spot, I use my Metal Detector to pin point the target. Keeping track of this shows me the targets have been, on average, within 18 inches from X spot.

I am getting into map dowsing for City Halls and keeping track of how well I am doing. I explained that process in my first post in this thread.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a kick of these guys! If they can't make it work in their head there's no possible way it CAN work. I've asked this time & time over & over. If it doesn't work can you tell or better yet show me why it doesn't? You guys want to fall back on science where's your science (sorry the amazing Randy doesn't get it)? My next question for OP is. Have you ever tried to dowse? I mean REALLY try without all the negativity? If you haven't how can you claim it doesn't work? I could sit here all night typing instances where it does for myself and a lot of others. On several occasions I've witnessed professional locators with top of the line electronics not able to find pipes & valves and then a gentleman with a couple of bent coat hangers put the pothole crew within inches.

Sorry OP, not trying to be rude but you made me laugh! I showed a post similar to yours to a friend and her comment was "He's just some *** trying to make himself feel superior at others expense" I'll leave it at her comment.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I am stunned that there are so many people giving credence to dowsing. Engage your brains, people. If you believe this, you should keep it to yourselves, or form your own religion. Utter and complete fantasy. "I was out dowsing for lost gold, and all of a sudden, Sasquatch appeared, and pointed to the Alien craft in the sky, that spoke to me with telepathy, and then transported me aboard, and showed me the galaxy, probed me on the way home, and dropped me in my bed, where I all of a sudden woke up in a cold sweat, and couldn't remember how I got home, except I remember the rest of what happened. I know what I saw."

Do you believe in God? If not, and if you choose to keep it that way, then you have no reason going on to any religious sites putting those people down.

Same thing here. You made your post in the "Dowsing" section. It's wrong of you to enter someone else's domain and begin ridiculing them. Please be more respectful.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you believe in God? If not, and if you choose to keep it that way, then you have no reason going on to any religious sites putting those people down.

Same thing here. You made your post in the "Dowsing" section. It's wrong of you to enter someone else's domain and begin ridiculing them. Please be more respectful.

I agree !

If someone Doesn't Believe in Dowsing......

Why Post in It ?

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff and Kcm, that's what I mentioned earlier. I didn't realize I had stepped on the toes of true BELIEVERS. I am stepping back now, demonstrating respect. There is no God, but if you feel better believing so, that's your choice. I don't go into churches to ridicule or criticize, I was wrong here. Apologies to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread