Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please note this is the dousing forum too . I can personally douse utilities lines under ground my self, never tried any other type of dousing.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff, I thank you. Sometimes I go off the rails. What is or who is OP? Ref. Boogeyman above. When I was 16 year old, my Dad brought in a dowser to find a good spot for a well. The first spot he said you should hit water in 5 or 6 feet. Dry hole. The second AND third times my Dad brought him back, it was the same story, 5 or 6 feet. 3 dry holes. This is old glacial till, mostly rock. I had the pleasure of digging those holes with a shovel. My Dad was going to use 3 foot dia. sections, so each hole was four feet across. It made me a man. First impressions are powerful.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
re:
What is or who is OP?
if that is a Question....

OP = Original Poster.
in this thread that would have meant a Question for You :icon_thumright:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
How is the unexplainable explained? For many in times past and some today people depended on the High Priests to carry understanding for them even though a large part of the explanation was kept disguised in ritual. Today, for many, the secrets are told by the physicists and there seems to be a similar level of not understanding. They speak another language. Like Latin before them the new language to understanding is advanced math.
So most will be left in the dark as the barriers are too high.
Beyond that what we still have is the personal experience. While we might try, we fail to be able to give others what we've learned. Some will put it in a safe place to keep, a reminder of what they have discovered alone. These experiences might not have tradition, ritual, or science to explain them, but still persist. Because of their longevity in culture alone they should be given at least a serious look.
There is a problem with taking an attitude w/o testing and searching.
I'll stick with finding water though. Dossing for water has a history not reliably shared with searching for other stuff. There is a possibility concerning water. That's because we have a dependence on water to live there might be a natural ability to find water we can't explain.
Some might call a sixth sense. Not explainable but gets results.

Always remember those that refused to have a peek through the first telescope.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff, I thank you. Sometimes I go off the rails. What is or who is OP? Ref. Boogeyman above. When I was 16 year old, my Dad brought in a dowser to find a good spot for a well. The first spot he said you should hit water in 5 or 6 feet. Dry hole. The second AND third times my Dad brought him back, it was the same story, 5 or 6 feet. 3 dry holes. This is old glacial till, mostly rock. I had the pleasure of digging those holes with a shovel. My Dad was going to use 3 foot dia. sections, so each hole was four feet across. It made me a man. First impressions are powerful.

Some dossers like everything else are below average. On a gradient scale 49% of all of us are below average.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching a Science Show Recently they were talking about Magnetic Draw of certain Minerals, & that Gravity is not uniform everywhere.

This convinced me there may be something to carrying a Forked Stick loosely and walking along.
as the Gravity would increase over certain spots, it would draw down.

Makes more Sense to me then Hocus Pocus in a Stick

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe in science, not ghosts. Metal detectors work and is proven with repeatable tests done by independent testers, dowsing does not...Mike-Drop:whip2:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I believe in science, not ghosts. Metal detectors work and is proven with repeatable tests done by independent testers, dowsing does not
When I use a Dowsed map I already have a lot of information. I know what I am looking for and the area it is in. I have looked at the map and know how to get to the area and have a plan for the search. My ability to use my rods will let me walk right to the target. No big deal as it becomes an easy search...Art

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I use a Dowsed map I already have a lot of information. I know what I am looking for and the area it is in. I have looked at the map and know how to get to the area and have a plan for the search. My ability to use my rods will let me walk right to the target. No big deal as it becomes an easy search...Art

I also have absolutely No Doubt about ESP & It increases with Age & Experience.
Just like last week I dream t my Coffee pot died.
Woke up & Made a Pot of Coffee & it didn't Work :(
Of course I blame it on that there must have been hints, Like cooking slowing Down, Noise :dontknow: Who Knows.
So I can also imagine your Experience & Knowledge may cause you to unconsciously
make the Dowsing Rods/Stick/dangely thing, which ever , react.

Last edited:

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am stunned that there are so many people giving credence to dowsing. Engage your brains, people. If you believe this, you should keep it to yourselves, or form your own religion. Utter and complete fantasy. "I was out dowsing for lost gold, and all of a sudden, Sasquatch appeared, and pointed to the Alien craft in the sky, that spoke to me with telepathy, and then transported me aboard, and showed me the galaxy, probed me on the way home, and dropped me in my bed, where I all of a sudden woke up in a cold sweat, and couldn't remember how I got home, except I remember the rest of what happened. I know what I saw."
You are one of the few people that are lucky enough to have seen Sasquatch and a Alien craft in the sky on the same day, Did you get any pictures?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I am stunned that there are so many people giving credence to dowsing.
Why. After all it has been used by man for 8000 years
Engage your brains, people.
We do.
If you believe this, you should keep it to yourselves,
Why. Would you not use a tool that works?
or form your own religion

It is not about religion
Utter and complete fantasy.
No fantasy needed

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your position is eloquently stated. I have no doubt we have under-utilized skills, survival skills, passed on to us from distant ancestors. Finding water, for example. Experience, reading terrain, foliage, animal sign, all of these can point to a water source, given the ability to piece it all together. Some of us may be more gifted than others. But if you have that gift, what is the thingy in the hand for. No disrespect.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
junkhunt, I'm just gonna go with this. I grew up in the rainforests of Western Washington. You have days like that. I've seen plenty of other things too! But if I told anyone, no one would believe me. I'll give you a few. Ball lightning. Fairies and fairy rings. Communes. Rainbow trout measured by the pound. Strawberries as big as a 12-year- old's fist. Salmon runs that clog a creek. I made up the part about fairies. To remain relevant, I've seen dowsers, too.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha DannyB! I'm with you on that, given the choice. Give me those thingies!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Your position is eloquently stated. I have no doubt we have under-utilized skills, survival skills, passed on to us from distant ancestors. Finding water, for example. Experience, reading terrain, foliage, animal sign, all of these can point to a water source, given the ability to piece it all together. Some of us may be more gifted than others. But if you have that gift, what is the thingy in the hand for. No disrespect.
I have only looked for water a few times. I did it just to see if it worked for me. I have looked for gold mostly. Silver is harder because there is more of it in the bed rock. I enjoy my way of treasure hunting...Art

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
aarthr, I am not the same man I was a couple of day's ago. I encourage your beliefs. See, I'm learning about this so fast. I didn't know dowsing tools were found along with stone points. Or was it a cave painting? Egyptians? Anyway, that's a good number, 8000. And I like what you did with your post. That kind of stuff, I missed the train. And my original post was kind of harsh, I admit, but look at all this good natured banter. Ya'll are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread