CONTEST.......The Best Story About A Hunt

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got home from detecting and didn't find much other the 2.27 in clad!!!!!
When i left at 10 this morning red said she had a suprise for me when i got home!!!
Well being a guy and thinking in the gutter!!!!! ( no more said )
Red said there was a new story on the contest!!! so i rushed to the computer logged in and scrolled down to the last point i saw the continued to read and was totally surprised by reds story and am still in shock!!!!!!! RED ROCKS!!!!!! I hope every one had a great fathers day weekend like i did!!!!!!!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Yes, I can imagine you were very happy with that surprise...I thought it was very sweet!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Galveston Island, 1816: “between the months of November 1818 and February 1819, my commune had 476,000 dollars put away.” Laffite was not forced from Galveston Island until 1821. (Stick with me a bit longer)

The Admas Onis Treaty: The final blow that would serve up the end to Laffite’s attacks on Spanish commerce from American soil or within American waters. The treaty was signed in February, 1819, and ratified into law in February 1821. Keep in mind that serious talk of this “most likely” treaty began much earlier, in 1816, nearly two years before its singing and three years before its ratification into law. As early as 1816 Laffite knew the end of his era was very near so he certainly had the time and the means to plan for the strategic move of his accumulated wealth.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Seven leagues to the west and two leagues to the north of the Spanish city of Saint Augustine, some of my officers buried a large quantity of gold under my orders. I have no knowledge of the exact spot, for they were taken prisoner and killed by warships and their papers destroyed.” I’ve added this just in case any of you are feeling the need for a treasure hunting adventure. I’ve been to the area twice already. If you go there and find it remember me!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above cache is but a fraction of what I believe Laffite may have ultimately relocated in secret, the plans of which having been set in motion far in advance of the pending Adma’s Onis Treaty being signed into law and his eventual, but certain, ousting from Galveston. And, it gets better.

“If God wishes to love the fifth generation to come, he will unveil the intentions and the spirit of the dead. And with my help!" To understand the meaning of this statement one must first understand the man himself. And there is SOooo much more I wish I could share.

Bet you didn’t expect this from a silly, unscrupulous, contest entering butt kisser! :laughing7:

And here I will share with you two personal thoughts:

Living the Dream; Which is the greater failure, to spend an entire life in pursuit of an unfulfilled dream, or to be laying in one’s deathbed knowing you never gave chase?
The Two Sides of Obsession; If obsession can cause us to pursue the unthinkable, then might obsession have also caused the unthinkable to be real?

Hu…reading my three stories posted here I’m compelled to wonder if I might not be a bi-polar treasure hunter? Oh God...another doctor bill! :help:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol it seems the biggest treasure is in having you as a patient Bigscoop.....treasure that just keeps payin!

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
You are doin just fine Scoop, just keep takin yer meds & from one "unstable" mind to another..........ALWAYS listen to that lil' clown in yer head, do exactly what he tells ya to do & you'll never go wrong! :icon_thumleft:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
You are doin just fine Scoop, just keep takin yer meds & from one "unstable" mind to another..........ALWAYS listen to that lil' clown in yer head, do exactly what he tells ya to do & you'll never go wrong! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks AP. It wasn't always like this for me........but after those aliens abducted me while I was on a bigfoot hunt in an Iowa cornfield things just ain't been the same. I'm not near as sane I once was. Typing these stories with no arms has been a real chore as well, got a big'ol blister on the tip of my nose right next to that ugly scar where that baby octopus attacked me back in 07. Lot of people think I got the plague but it's just all those pock marks from where the little critter tried to suck my face off. I probably shouldn't tell you all this on account that cynangyl might be inclined to,....."start feeling sorry for me in such a way to effect her judgement". :thumbsup:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still around and checking the thread every day. My booty kissing skills aren't what they used to be and I'll be danged it I can find anything around the house that could be 'bribe worthy', ;D

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
Mighty AP said:

Thanks AP. It wasn't always like this for me........but after those aliens abducted me while I was on a bigfoot hunt in an Iowa cornfield things just ain't been the same. I'm not near as sane I once was. Typing these stories with no arms has been a real chore as well, got a big'ol blister on the tip of my nose right next to that ugly scar where that baby octopus attacked me back in 07. Lot of people think I got the plague but it's just all those pock marks from where the little critter tried to suck my face off. I probably shouldn't tell you all this on account that cynangyl might be inclined to,....."start feeling sorry for me in such a way to effect her judgement". :thumbsup:

YOU TOO??? I DIDN'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT SUCH THINGS, thought I was the only one....now I just lay around the house curled up in a fetal position....shaking.....does the light still hurt your eyes too?....only my dog still loves me, but they did leave that map with me.

For crying out loud! First you tell her you love buns and now you're trying to bribe her with a map! WOMEN!........just when a guy thinks he's making some ground there's always a woman to give him a hard time! "Eyes"..........you can see? Gosh.......wish I could. :laughing9:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
A hard time.... :sign10: :whip2: please I am a married woman! now there is that deserted Island I know about down in Florida....a little something about stones with deep markings from days of old....coconut trees that form an X and the old sword my sister found....deep in the sand. A cave too dark to go into and is only visible at low tide. The manatee play there sometimes in the mangroves.

True story, I was metal detecting at Ponce Inlet, (New Smyrna Beach, south side of inlet just around the bend on the back side of the park) a couple of years ago when this young manatee just up and beached himself about 20 feet away from me. Wasn't anyone around and the tide was going out so I sort of helped the big fella back into the water by grabbing hold of his tail, which he didn't much care for, and man are they strong! Very neat creatures. My sister lives on the river down there and even though we're not suppose to, we use to feed them all the time. They love celery! :thumbsup:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
Gracious....you guys got me rollin here! I sent a bribe to Mr AP today myself :laughing7:

He really likes the original Jimmy Dean sausage, 16oz rolls! Or if you really want to send him a bribe, send him some
"ding-dongs" on account he likes to stare at'm and listen for the noise. ???

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
bigscoop said:
Cynangyl said:
Gracious....you guys got me rollin here! I sent a bribe to Mr AP today myself :laughing7:

He really likes the original Jimmy Dean sausage, 16oz rolls! Or if you really want to send him a bribe, send him some

ahhh man! He is probably gonna hate what I sent him then cuz it is not either one of those! :help:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cynangyl said:
bigscoop said:
Cynangyl said:

ahhh man! He is probably gonna hate what I sent him then cuz it is not either one of those! :help:

Well is it time for bribes/gifts???? I guess ill have to pm some of the Indian artifacts guys soon for matching arrow heads!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmm wounder what the bribe will be!!!!! you will have to wait until tomorrow to find out!!!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:
Cynangyl said:
bigscoop said:
Cynangyl said:

Well is it time for bribes/gifts???? I guess ill have to pm some of the Indian artifacts guys soon for matching arrow heads!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmm wounder what the bribe will be!!!!! you will have to wait until tomorrow to find out!!!!

I can't believe how unscrupulous you two are being. I see it's time for me open my flattery, bribery, and unscrupulous bribes book! :read2:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mighty AP said:
Buckle up boys n' girls, lets have a contest! Please submit your best stories about a hunt, the story does NOT have to be true so let your imaginations run wild! Pictures help! Cynangel has graciously agreed ( :laughing7: ) to judge the stories & choose the best one..........flattery, bribes & gifts are encouraged. The winner will receive a brand spankin' new custom diggin' tool & I've been known to drop a lil' silver goody or two in the handle. We'll let this run about a week or until the entries slow down, Good Luck to all! ...........let the games begin! :tongue3:

Cynangel has graciously agreed ( :laughing7: ) to judge the stories & choose the best one..........flattery, bribes & gifts are encouraged.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
being a political forum junkie, my vote goes to gopher, I get second runner up for the truth and FB connection.

and i really/always want/wanted a AP digger

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TEXAN Connection said:
being a political forum junkie, my vote goes to gopher, I get second runner up for the truth and FB connection.

OK i almost didnt see the second phrase until i read it twice!!!
practicing sublibimal messaging there great move CHUG

[/quote]

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would really, really, really love to win this for Chug, he does so much for me, he has always been there for me, and he is an incredible husband, and dad to my sons. He is the answer to my prayers, and I thank God for every day he is in my life! Now, I have enjoyed all the entries so very much, good luck to everyone, and thank you so much for the fun, I wouldn't miss it for the world, and Cyn, I don't envy you, you have a very difficult job, everyone is so talented!!!! :headbang: :notworthy: :icon_thumright: HH Red

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread