ACE 250

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Heres alittle more to the story...

That morn when i dropped off the faux cash, I talked to the PD. he mentioned a city council meeting that eve, and I had previously sent alot of letters to the council begging for access to the city park to hunt (its off limits to relic hunters, and they dident contact me to its being brought up.)...
Its THE UNION post civil war campground of Calverts occupation (calvert was very non union town in its day). It had a "sky motel" (hot box on a pole) for disenters...I know alot about that story also(union soilders and abolitinest being snipped off or hung),.. Not sure much has changed here...

I pulled all the cards I had. Even tryed the club hunt thing for cash,,,, They wanted to know my cradintals (this was b-4 any of my floor digs, I was nobody to them ) I mentioned my Counterfit cash story ( from that very morn),,, It did no good.
Hunting calvert city park is still in the works.. I may have to wait out the city council till more historicaly minded folk get elected.
These are all Facts, I can back them up....
But I cant promise the most historical hunt of the century... yet...

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, we all deserve to win, everyone is so very talented, and have such wonderful imaginations, and wonderful writing styles, I have enjoyed reading everything! :headbang: I cannot tell you all how much I am enjoying everything, I have some medical problems that keep me housebound, and I'm in alot of pain, all the stories and poems, and following all the posts, really help me to deal with my pain, and keeps my mind off of my owies. Again, thank you everyone, good luck, and thank you Cyn and AP for coming up with such an awesome idea, I hope to see more contests in the future, this is a blast!!! I don't blame you Cyn, it will be so very hard to choose!!!!! TC and HH!!! Red :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story Texan, that would really freak me out to find something as cool as you did!!!! WTG!!!! HH Red :headbang:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
being a political forum junkie, my vote goes to gopher, I get second runner up for the truth and FB connection.

and i really/always want/wanted a AP digger

Has mcgearhead been over here yet? Must not have been. I ain't shot yet. :D

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't this that part of the award's ceremony where a previous winner is suppose to do a monologue? :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
i could win this but it would take me sum time to explain my finds over the years at an air base. no brag just fact :coffee2:

Jump in, tell us a story, truth or otherwise. It's all about sharing the stories and having some fun. And you just might win a cool prize! :thumbsup:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with everyone else AA, tell us your story, we would love to hear it!!!!! HH :hello2:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate remembering what happened to me many years ago after a night of partying at a seaside bar in Barbados. Sometime during the course of the rum-guzzling evening a tall, skinny, bearded, foul smelling creep suddenly appeared next to me at the bar. He smiled at me through what was left of his blackened teeth and asked if he might take a swig from my bottle. Always the generous type I nodded and he picked up my bottle and slowly took 3 big gulps of my fine Puerto Rican best that had been made just a few days boat ride to the North Northwest of me. He again smiled at me and, without a word of thanks, walked out into the darkness. I dwelled on him for a moment and then returned to my drinking duties.
Not but a few swigs later I started to feel very light headed and my vision was quickly blurring. That is all I remember of the night. When I finally started to become aware of my surroundings I couldn't imagine where I was. I heard creaking like that made by an old wooden floor being walked upon. I heard a sound that made me think of bedsheets being snapped in the wind, I heard seagulls and I still felt that my body was in involuntary motion. I then smelled the sea.
Although I didn't want to open my eyes I had no choice. I had begun to hear voices. As I let the dim light through to my eyes I could see that the creaking I heard was that of a tallship's wooden deck and masts. The snapping was the canvas sails snapping in the wind and I saw hungry seagulls flying behind the ship in hopes of scraps that are often tossed off the aft end. The slow, up and down, side to side motion was that motion made by a ship at sea; I was on a ship sailing to where, I didn't know.
"Ahhhhhhhhhhh, he's awake!" was suddenly shouted from directly behind me. I turned my head and there he was, the same mysterious guy I had given my rum to in the bar. "Get ye lazy bones off my deck and stand like a man" he shouted towards me. "And like a man you will work, but like a dog you'll obey or your last day will be on this ship" He grabbed my arm and, while still holding it, pushed me in front of him towards some cabin doors. As I got to the doors I knew instinctively to open them. I was then led down a short ladder (4 or 5 steps) and into a large cabin area. It was still early morning and not much light was coming into the cabin but I could see treasure; pile after pile of treasure. There was gold and silver in all forms and jewels and pearls. Black pearls from Tahiti and Bora Bora and white pearls from all over the South Pacific.
"I see in your eyes that, although you are realizing you're a prisoner here, you still are amazed by the treasures around you. Well Mate, the Captain would kill you for that look in your eyes alone so ye had better lose interest fast. This treasure we are taking to hide before we return to these seas for more looting."
Dang, I had been shanghaied in Barbados. I'm sure now that, while he was swigging my rum, he was spitting a drug into the bottle; a drug that caused me to pass out for hours. I was then informed that my duties would be many and, as long as my labor was valuable, I would live. If my services were no longer needed, my life would be ended.
As days went by....................................................
Oh well, I guess I don't have time to finish this story, it's about time to judge. All I can say is I know this story, true as it is, would have won the Mighty AP Diggin' Tool hands down. Be thankful I couldn't finish. ;D

Attachments

• treasure pile 1.jpg
    treasure pile 1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2,295

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no.....packer is in play! :help:
No way can this competition end now just when the funnies are about to start. :laughing7:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone want to see the bribe????, Red and I make them!!!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:
Anyone want to see the bribe????, Red and I make them!!!!

Oh sure........please, go ahead and apply more unscrupulous competitive pressure! :laughing7:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Go Packerbacker.....now you have a reputation to uphold! lol more unscrupulous pressure eh? lol you crack me up Bigscoop! Go ahead Chug.....show us what cool stuff you guys make!

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
TEXAN Connection said:
Cynangyl said:
aw now....continue on mr packerbacker!! I would love to hear the rest of the story!

I heard this one b-4... He died

Blunt force trama or chronic diahrea? :)
Was it a big tapeworm?? Damnit! I could have cured him!!! :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
aw now....continue on mr packerbacker!! I would love to hear the rest of the story!

See what you've started, and he's not even back here yet! :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
TEXAN Connection said:
Cynangyl said:

I heard this one b-4... He died

Blunt force trama or chronic diahrea? :)
Was it a big tapeworm?? Damnit! I could have cured him!!! :laughing7:

You know you're just encouraging him. I'll bet he's talking it over with his fish as we speak. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread