fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When will these storms ease up? we are getting 'shell shocked'.
Thoughts & prayers for the Joplin folks.

Fossis..........

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Son called from Springfield this morning and said they have found 79 dead so far . This is a real bad one and it will take days to find all the hurt and dead. This storm Went down by Crane Mo and then East and I guess there is a lot of damage all along the way.
We can't get any news from by Brother who is around Crane as the towers are all down in the area.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pat-tekker-cat said:
Cherokee_Kidd said:
I'll be moving in june . I hope the weather clears up and everyone out there can stay safe.
Well where ya gonna go?
Huuricane season starting up, over here? My reliable sources says Eurecka Calif, may not be a good choice?
Cherkid, stay safe, no matter where you are, or go. Stay in touch too!
I'm not sure where I'll end up yet. My job wanted me to go back to Colorado and I have other job offers in other parts of Kansas and I also have a job offer in New Mexico so I'm not sure cause I have family in all 3 states.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Wow. Prayers going for all you folks in that ravaged area. It sure is terrible. I saw it on the
news this morning. Wishing all of you reading this stay safe with no loss of loved ones.
God be with you.
Ray

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, they said there's a chance of tornadoes in a few different states for this evening and tonight so everyone becareful.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be glad when all the tornadoes stop. I lost count of how many tornadoes have hit around the country but I think this might be the worst year ever for tornadoes.

S

Smee

pat-tekker-cat said:
They're gearing up our seasonal, scare you to death, everyday in the news, hurricane tv, now, too.
I think it's more for ratings here, and home depot profits, than actual information.

Yep, been there, done that . . . grew up in New Orleans, now live in Arkansas.

What gets me it that the weather folks on the Monroe NBC affiliate talk like we should be excited and happy when conditions are ripe for storms like that!

"Our best chance for severe weather will be if A happens, not so good if B happens." --- Get real!!! Who WANTS bad weather, besides the crew at KTVE? ? ?

My heart goes out to all those affected by the tornado, not just the victims. You all have my sympathies!

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the weather people here are the same way. They get excited everytime there's a tornado or alot of rain and hail.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I understand excitement about an upcoming storm, but I think it's a primitive adreniline rush. I go through the same emotions. Yesterday, we didn't know exactly where the storms would form, or who they would hit. I was out hunting with a friend, and we were keeping half an eye on the clouds. It was very hot, humid and windy. You could feel something cooking. the clouds started gathering to the northeast of us, and we said that's where the storms will be, not really knowing that we were watching the Joplin storm till we got home later. I don't know anyone in Joplin, but lost a few tears for them today anyway. I heard one weatherman say there aren't more of the bigger tornados this year, it's just that they are usually in the rural areas of Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas, where no one lives. :icon_scratch: But, this is true, I've often thought to myself, Thank God there aren't many people in that part of the state. as our population grows, I'm afraid so will hits on more populous areas. Safe rooms and cellars, they may not be too expensive after all. Y'all stay safe!

lisa

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather people here said there's a good chance for tornadoes tonight and tomorrow. The way they talked about the storms they expect the storms tomorrow to be pretty bad.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a storm rolling in as I type and the weather people said that we wouldn't have any storms in this area today.The storms were supposed to be farther east. I hope thats all they got wrong.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Yesterday, we didn't know exactly where the storms would form, or who they would hit. I was out hunting with a friend, and we were keeping half an eye on the clouds. It was very hot, humid and windy. You could feel something cooking. the clouds started gathering to the northeast of us, and we said that's where the storms will be, not really knowing that we were watching the Joplin storm till we got home later.lisa
Lisa, sounds like you may have been a little too close for comfort. The way you say "feel something cooking", it's like, fish and animals can "feel" the rise and fall of the barmetric pressures, why how come man lost that ability? (We see us women didn't)

I hate getting caught in a storm, expecially lightening, and with an electrified lightening rod!

Cherokee Kid, glad to see you, you got cellar/basement? Keep us up to date on ya.
I almost can't believe you didn't leave.
Our motto is: If we're in the cone, WE'RE GONE!

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be a bad storm cause my dogs are acting scared and they only get scared when its a bad storm. My guard dog is even scared and I've never seen him get scared of a storm before. Yeah I have a basement but I hope it doesn't get that bad. I'm watching the news and the weather people are talking about other storms around the state but they haven't mentioned the storm thats rolling through here yet. The storms down toward Wichita look pretty bad too.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather man just said there's gonna be really good chance of tornadoes in Southeast and Eastern Kansas tomorrow. Another weather man said the same about parts of OK, TX and they said there's a possibility in Arkansas and Missouri.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tornado warning here again Just Expired

Scanner saying possable touchdown
There is also another possable touchdown(s)

west of The susquehanna.

Pa Hasn't been Hit so Many Tmes since the 50's &
The season only started.

gonna be an Intresting year

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another storm just popped up northeast of here and there's another storm rolling through from west of here.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherokee_Kidd said:
Well the storm passed but now they said we might have another storm later.
We keeping a check in, on ya! You do the same.
Hey, after them terrible storms up there, ya want a Florida Vacation?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread