Tornadoes. Again...

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
We just dodged a big storm here. It looked like it was headed straight for us and then it split in two. I was ready to head to the basement. Everyone check your flashlights and have some water and food handy.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another tornado watch was just issued for western Kansas this includes the whole western side of the state.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it's gonna be a bad day and they said tomorrow will be as bad as today but with most of the storms and tornadoes being farther to the east.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They also said that more big cities could be in the path of the storms for today and tomorrow.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cousins are OK.
Don lives near Osage City and Wanda and her family live south of Joplin, towards rural Neosho.
All of my family, what few I have, live in the heartland; Kansas and Missouri.

With the new round of storms predicted for this week,
I'm still worried about my family and friends, and yours, too!

PLEASE! Everyone, BE PREPARED!
I'd rather laugh later at having been ready and not needed to be than suffer woes from not being ready.

Prayers for all affected...

Scott

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A tornado is on the ground heading east from Lamar Colorado. Another tornado is on the ground in Oklahoma.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Multiple tornadoes are on the ground in Oklahoma. Everyone in OK get to your storm shelter if you're not there yet.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NWS confirms tornado touched down in Schuylkill County on Monday

(PennsylvaniA)
The National Weather Service confirmed Tuesday afternoon that an EF-1 tornado zoomed through Walker Township between 6:35 and 6:37 p.m. Monday, according to Barry Lambert, meteorologist with the National Weather Service.

"It was 75 yards wide and a quarter mile long, and it was embedded in a larger area of straight-line down burst winds about a half mile wide and two miles long. It snapped 25 trees, destroyed a barn, damaged two other barns and damaged two homes," Lambert said.

Lambert said winds reached 95 mph.

The tornado destroyed a barn, damaged other buildings and uprooted 25 trees.

It was the first tornado to hit Schuylkill County since May 11, 1996, according to tornadohistoryproject.com .

http://republicanherald.com/

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm watching a huge tornado on tv right now . The tornado is in Oklahoma. We have a big storm rolling through here right now too.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty, Evy, Mrs. TimberWolf and everyone in these areas: Please Keep Safe!

If it's inevitable that you are in the path and you have no shelter, grab a mattress and jump in the bathtub and throw the mattress over you. If you have a helmet of any kind available, motorcycle, bicycle or even a football helmet, get it and put it on! Keep your cell phone battery charged up so you can at least text or call for rescue if you're trapped and also for contact of loved ones. And keep your phone in your pocket; you will lose it if you try to hold it in your hand.

Worried,
Scott

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Chasers on the Weather channel
are Getting some amazing footage for awhile Now.

even a telegraph Pole flying over the one Guys car
as he drove For it.

I Can Imagine the Adrenaline Shot :o

I Hope You are all safe !!!!!!!

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap that was way too close. We had a real bad storm roll through here and I'm pretty sure it had a weak tornado in it cause the big tree in my neighbors yard snapped and almost landed on my house and if it would have it would have landed on me cause it landed beside the house outside the bathroom cause I had to put one my dogs in the bathroom so he wouldn't fight my other dog. I'm still trying to catch my breath cause that scared me cause the tree scrapped the house as it slid down.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
The Chasers on the Weather channel
are Getting some amazing footage for awhile Now.

even a telegraph Pole flying over the one Guys car
as he drove For it.

I Can Imagine the Adrenaline Shot :o

I Hope You are all safe !!!!!!!

I just saw that on CNN.

Scott

PS. It looks bad for the coming week.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherokee_Kidd said:
Holy crap that was way too close. We had a real bad storm roll through here and I'm pretty sure it had a weak tornado in it cause the big tree in my neighbors yard snapped and almost landed on my house and if it would have it would have landed on me cause it landed beside the house outside the bathroom.
Cherokee kidd, I hope you got that computer in the cellar with you and them dogs!

Yeah big bar, not only to pry ya way out, but rope too, you may have to tie yourself to something(?).
Ya'll be safe, please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread