Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After much discussions with some on the forum over the use of drones, sugar intake, and general protectionism, I see a low understanding of the construct of law in the US.

A basic premise underlies this question. Our country is founded because of this principle.

Why are the Laws in the US reactive rather than proactive? It really is a very easy concept.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't any well meaning, educated Professional types want a go at this? It is low hanging fruit for you guys!

A hint for you.
The movie "Minority Report" is an unconstitutional concept.

Can you explain why?

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After much discussions with some on the forum over the use of drones, sugar intake, and general protectionism, I see a low understanding of the construct of law in the US.

A basic premise underlies this question. Our country is founded because of this principle.

Why are the Laws in the US reactive rather than proactive? It really is a very easy concept.

I might need this dumbed down to fully understand your question...but ill give it a try..lol

In this country, over the years it became only about the money and material things..to have a lot of any of that is hard....it is easier to get it from people than your own blood sweat and tears..so a few noticed this fast, and noticed that to have what they want...they could not be fair, kind...or honest....so it began...and years and years went on and they noticed how it was working for them...so a few other things had to be changed along the way, before you know it, here we are....once they made changes that looked as if they were helping in any way people fell for it, hook line and sinker...especially when TV says so...they new more technology ment less interaction..

Laws are ment to be broken...if you make it look as if you are breaking them for the good of the country...thats why gun control is where it is right now...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what to say Blue. Concise, down to earth, logical in a simplistic me me me way.

I like your style! Thanks for trying to play the part,, but I can see straight through this charade! In my estimation you really do understand it. Kudos Blue!!

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what to say Blue. Concise, down to earth, logical in a simplistic me me me way.

I like your style! Thanks for trying to play the part,, but I can see straight through this charade! In my estimation you really do understand it. Kudos Blue!!

Thank you my friend....been at this many years while letting the (normal way of life now days) go in one ear and out the other..In a nut shell, the people that lived (Survived) through the great depression, new how to truly live and what it took, I am scared for people now days.....

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am surprised no one wants to answer,, but then, our elected Representatives have a real problem with it too.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am surprised no one wants to answer,, but then, our elected Representatives have a real problem with it too.

That would mean that they would have to step on a few toes if not backing the well oiled system that was put in place already for them, or maybe they truly think the place isn't rotting around them like Stockpicker more year by year...either way...the system isn't right now days to much has been changed no matter who you fell the spot with....there all just warm bodies, for now....

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Innocent until proven guilty.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other

Dave,

I have a very good, scientific answer for you. However, I don't want to set myself up for another gang bashing. If you could set up some rules for this thread that might protect my point of view and opinion I would be happy to participate. Up to you, I learned my lesson last night.

Respectfully,

Crispin

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Crispin,, the rules are.... No gang bashing Crispin!

(unless he gets mean) lol

I really would like to know why you think our laws are written in such a way. I feel it is a great experience for all of us.. If you really have a scientific explanation I am truly eager to hear it! And I will not belittle you for it !
My pledge to you.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way,, I am in the middle of a very big project right now, I may not be able to respond much for a couple of days.

Please be nice to each other. I will try to be more civilized than my normal abrasive disposition. I am interested in the outcome.

Respectfully
Dave

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way,, I am in the middle of a very big project right now, I may not be able to respond much for a couple of days.

Please be nice to each other. I will try to be more civilized than my normal abrasive disposition. I am interested in the outcome.

Respectfully
Dave

Dave,

It is not bashing from you that concerns me. I have no problems fighting a war with one front. Only a fool fights a land war in Asia, attacks can come from all sides at any time. Your rules are not specific enough for me. Don't work too hard! When you have time, bring this up again, and we will have a proper discussion. Let me give you a teaser...I have studied sociopaths and serial killers in intricate detail, I have treated them in prisons, I am published on this topic. Why does our legal system fail them? Find the answer for that and it answers your question, "Why are laws reactive rather then proactive."

Crispin

Ps. I look forward to taking this up again in a few days.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh That really is a debate Crispin! I will allow that you see the side that many countries have seen and failed to fix. On the other hand, that process has Never had a society that evolved and provided more technological advances than ours in the same amount of time. While protecting more individuals.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
[ But do you really think the world is worse off now than during the sixties and the seventies.

I didn't see the controlling factor we have today! Those days are LONG gone.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original post was about why our laws are passed and instituted on a reactive rather than a proactive response.

I think that is obvious, our law makers don't respond to anything that is not, or has not been complained about by constituents. Politicians are for the most part short-sighted, and only react when voters or "contributing sponsers" bring a subject to their attention. We would be far better served by not looking at particular events and complaints and trying to micro-manage the laws, and looking more forward, or backward to the root cause of the problem.

Our Govt. hasn't had a federal budget in 5 years, and we are continually funding on a short time basis, this ii a major problem with no solution in sight, yet they are concerned with the sugar content I soft drinks, medical coverage for the masses, companies outsourcing jobs, etc., when they should be working on the causes of these problems and fixing the economy,and not telling me what to eat and drink!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

When I was on a business trip in Minneapolis many years back.....a group of us had supper at a restaurant/pub.....and they had t shirts you could buy with the logo "There's no such thing as a free lunch".

That pretty much sums it up for most countries in the developed world and yes that includes Canada.....lots of people
with their hands out for freebies with an attitude of entitlement.

Regards + HH

Bill

venture05

Mar 8, 2013
Lancaster, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laws are reactive because considerations of future wrongs only throw down the gauntlet of challenge. In the beginning, the first and only law, was proactive and given by God: “Enjoy anything you want in the Garden. Just don’t eat the apple!”

Well, we all know the consequence of that law. Punishment was swift and enduring.

This is also when “treasure” hunting first started. Afterwards, all conquistadors tried (and keep trying) to locate the Garden of Eden.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some posts deleted for being off topic...

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Laws are reactive because considerations of future wrongs only throw down the gauntlet of challenge. In the beginning, the first and only law, was proactive and given by God: “Enjoy anything you want in the Garden. Just don’t eat the apple!”

Well, we all know the consequence of that law. Punishment was swift and enduring.

This is also when “treasure” hunting first started. Afterwards, all conquistadors tried (and keep trying) to locate the Garden of Eden.

Disobeyed the ONLY law needed,how can man keep any other.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread