Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I have been away so long!

The simplest part of this answer is that you cannot be guaranteed your rights if someone locks you up before you do something. It may seem strange but it makes perfect sense!
Ever hear the saying that a cop could not do something because a threat was not enough to arrest them? Speech is not necessarily the same thing as acting on it. And it shouldn't be.

Your individual rights are guaranteed to You. Every time there is a new law your rights are whittled away, in an attempt to control a few bad apples these laws ensnare millions of citizens that have done nothing wrong or inhibit their actions solely because a couple of people might do something illegal! Most antisocial actions already have consequences in law, which is meant to be a deterrent to those criminals who abuse the freedom this country allows. Prosecute them!

Our laws are reactive because until you infringe on someone else's rights you have not broken the law! Luckily, at this point, you are innocent until proven guilty.

As I watch the little dictator in NYC right now it is extremely important to understand that to control a small part of his population,(the obese), he has trampled on the rights of everybody in the city. Thank goodness the judge has stood up for the people, so far.
Americans should Expect to have their liberty and freedom, based on morality, despite what other countries do. Our country was not built on the premise of a collective society, it does not take a village to raise a child, it takes a parent with a moral mindset. And it is based on the individual rights of each of us.
E. Pluribus Unum ( out of many, one)

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry I have been away so long!

The simplest part of this answer is that you cannot be guaranteed your rights if someone locks you up before you do something. It may seem strange but it makes perfect sense!
Ever hear the saying that a cop could not do something because a threat was not enough to arrest them? Speech is not necessarily the same thing as acting on it. And it shouldn't be.

Your individual rights are guaranteed to You. Every time there is a new law your rights are whittled away, in an attempt to control a few bad apples these laws ensnare millions of citizens that have done nothing wrong or inhibit their actions solely because a couple of people might do something illegal! Most antisocial actions already have consequences in law, which is meant to be a deterrent to those criminals who abuse the freedom this country allows. Prosecute them!

Our laws are reactive because until you infringe on someone else's rights you have not broken the law! Luckily, at this point, you are innocent until proven guilty.

As I watch the little dictator in NYC right now it is extremely important to understand that to control a small part of his population,(the obese), he has trampled on the rights of everybody in the city. Thank goodness the judge has stood up for the people, so far.
Americans should Expect to have their liberty and freedom, based on morality, despite what other countries do. Our country was not built on the premise of a collective society, it does not take a village to raise a child, it takes a parent with a moral mindset. And it is based on the individual rights of each of us.
E. Pluribus Unum ( out of many, one)

Close, nice spin, but no cigar. Our laws are reactive because moral men do not need laws. They need rules and guidelines, but when moral men agree to a code they stick to it. Example, Dieselram and I are friends...we do not need our words to each other edited by the mods, we do it ourselves. Blank and I are not both moral men, only one of us is; hence, we need our words edited and we need violations punished.

Laws do not prevent criminals from wrong doings. They are criminals because they are not moral and care nothing for the rights of others. As the pro-gun crowd points out, "We have no fear of guns in the hands of honest men and criminals will get the guns anyway."

Our laws are reactive because they are meant to do one thing and one thing only...PUNISH! Sociopaths have no fear, no remorse, and no anticipation of punishment. They cannot be stopped by any moral thoughts of their owns. They can only be punished or prevented. TBC...

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Punishment: This is very simple, we all know what it means. We take the lawbreakers (amoral men) and we take them out of society. If the crime is grave enough we take their lives. Sociopaths have no ability to anticipate a life without freedom, they place no value on it. You can't treat a killer or rapist with therapy or medications. You treat them with a noose.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Prevention: This is the sticky wicket, this is where we start to disagree. The NRA would have us put an armed guard in every school, in every supermarket, in every theater, in every area where people congregate. They purchase stocks of firearms and ammo and convince the people, "An armed society is a polite society." This is inherently false for the above reasons already stated. Those of us who are going to be polite will be polite without guns. Those of us will not be polite will never fit into our society. (Don't zen me on this rebel.)

Middle gunners - They prevent by limiting access to guns. We can't stop the killers, we can't stop them from getting guns, but if we limit the type of guns available we may be able to mediate some of the killing. The killing will still happen but maybe not as much.

Anti-gunners - Take all the guns. That will stop murder and killing. LOL, this is obviously ridiculous and nobody on this forum believes it. Knives, swords, strangulation, rapists, thieves...no guns is only an illusion of safety. The only thing it would prevent is accidental gun death; however, people who allow accidental gun death would probably just find another way of killing themselves or others off. Children who are poorly supervised to have access to a gun can be poorly supervised and run into the streets.

Social/psychological theory...presented to you by Crispin

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Sad but true.....given your profession you've been there and done that......I used to be much more liberal/lenient in my misspent youth thinking I could save the world....lol

People that choose to go the route of being evil....either due to genetics or choice are lost souls....no chance of redemption nor do they feel any remorse....

Regards + HH

Bill

Punishment: This is very simple, we all know what it means. We take the lawbreakers (amoral men) and we take them out of society. If the crime is grave enough we take their lives. Sociopaths have no ability to anticipate a life without freedom, they place no value on it. You can't treat a killer or rapist with therapy or medications. You treat them with a noose.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Close, nice spin, but no cigar. Our laws are reactive because moral men do not need laws. They need rules and guidelines, but when moral men agree to a code they stick to it. Example, Dieselram and I are friends...we do not need our words to each other edited by the mods, we do it ourselves. Blank and I are not both moral men, only one of us is; hence, we need our words edited and we need violations punished.

Laws do not prevent criminals from wrong doings. They are criminals because they are not moral and care nothing for the rights of others. As the pro-gun crowd points out, "We have no fear of guns in the hands of honest men and criminals will get the guns anyway."

Our laws are reactive because they are meant to do one thing and one thing only...PUNISH! Sociopaths have no fear, no remorse, and no anticipation of punishment. They cannot be stopped by any moral thoughts of their owns. They can only be punished or prevented. TBC...
No cigar? I think you just made my point! Thanks for your input.. We do not need the restrictions on guns either becuase you have shown us why! Punishment is the only reason there is laws! If you cannot follow the moral code of decency you as an individual must be taken out of civilized society.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No cigar? I think you just made my point! Thanks for your input.. We do not need the restrictions on guns either becuase you have shown us why! Punishment is the only reason there is laws! If you cannot follow the moral code of decency you as an individual must be taken out of civilized society.

Yeah, I figured you would be happy about the direction the first post went. Check out middle gunner theory in the third post...trying to stay out of this, but it was a great example you opened up for us...another way of saying middle gunner theory is the dirty C word.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prevention: This is the sticky wicket, this is where we start to disagree. The NRA would have us put an armed guard in every school, in every supermarket, in every theater, in every area where people congregate. They purchase stocks of firearms and ammo and convince the people, "An armed society is a polite society." This is inherently false for the above reasons already stated. Those of us who are going to be polite will be polite without guns. Those of us will not be polite will never fit into our society. (Don't zen me on this rebel.)

Middle gunners - They prevent by limiting access to guns. We can't stop the killers, we can't stop them from getting guns, but if we limit the type of guns available we may be able to mediate some of the killing. The killing will still happen but maybe not as much.

Anti-gunners - Take all the guns. That will stop murder and killing. LOL, this is obviously ridiculous and nobody on this forum believes it. Knives, swords, strangulation, rapists, thieves...no guns is only an illusion of safety. The only thing it would prevent is accidental gun death; however, people who allow accidental gun death would probably just find another way of killing themselves or others off. Children who are poorly supervised to have access to a gun can be poorly supervised and run into the streets.

Yup,, you are right. The middle gunners and the anti gunners have the one thing in common.. Neither one will prevent anything. because of your first observance. I guess I don't understand why you even tried to put them both in here and then tear up the anti gunner which destroyed the middle gunner? You may also have a dual personality Crispin!:tongue3:

Maybe you are on the verge of enlightenment!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The same reason they wait for a few fatal accidents,at a known dangerous intersection,before putting stop lights up,STUPIDITY.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup,, you are right. The middle gunners and the anti gunners have the one thing in common.. Neither one will prevent anything. because of your first observance. I guess I don't understand why you even tried to put them both in here and then tear up the anti gunner which destroyed the middle gunner? You may also have a dual personality Crispin!:tongue3:

Maybe you are on the verge of enlightenment!

I've decided to start speaking in riddles to keep myself from getting in trouble. I figure if nobody understands what I'm saying or where I'm coming from then I should be pretty safe. ;)

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The same reason they wait for a few fatal accidents,at a known dangerous intersection,before putting stop lights up,STUPIDITY.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about. Why do you have to start throwing around high emoticon words? Don't you have like two dozen other threads you can do that in?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
That has absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about. Why do you have to start throwing around high emoticon words? Don't you have like two dozen other threads you can do that in?

Dont like it?Know what you can do with it?I'll give you a hint if you cant figure it out.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
You need more vitamins Red. You're getting very techy lately. :)

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont like it?Know what you can do with it?I'll give you a hint if you cant figure it out.

No Red, I don't like it. And to be honest, I'm not all that fond of you. I'm done playing games with you. If you keep attacking my opinions I'm just going to stop giving them. Is that your goal? Silence all others who disagree with you. There is a song out there by Shinedown you should check out...pretty applicable.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

LOL! You don't like Zen Questions...? ROFL... Well DONE! YOU would make a GREAT Buddhist! Ommmnnn...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I've decided to start speaking in riddles to keep myself from getting in trouble. I figure if nobody understands what I'm saying or where I'm coming from then I should be pretty safe. ;)

NOTHING wrong with ZEN Riddles...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
No Red, I don't like it. And to be honest, I'm not all that fond of you. I'm done playing games with you. If you keep attacking my opinions I'm just going to stop giving them. Is that your goal? Silence all others who disagree with you. There is a song out there by Shinedown you should check out...pretty applicable.

Red BULLYING!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red James cash said:

Red please refrain from these type of comments ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread