(update4/26/07)Take a guess at what i will find(HOLY SH#T)

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
NORTHEAST HUNTER said:
I finally heard back from the local police and some good news the bones are animal
Man that took some time to get back to me..
I will be back under there sometime soon..
The jimmy Hoffa story goes on..

They tell you what kind of animal? Horse? Hog? Cow? Deer? Dog? I kinda thought it would end up being animal bones. If it wasn't you probably would have found a shirt with those vertebrae in it rather than just the vertebrae. I keep finding the circa 1820 single peice buttons that still have the wool thread wrapped around the shank. My wife says it's creepy and to keep them away from her. I told her that they are just buttons that popped off from peoples shirts and cuffs but she won't listen. She thinks there has to be a shirt somewhere there in the dirt containing a body. I don't know why the thread makes her think that. When its just the button missing the shank then that is ok because then she is sure that the button broke off and there wasn't a burial. She's nuts.

OP
OP
northeast hunter

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
No they did not specify what kind of animal.
You should take your buttons to a medium and see what she can come up with..
That my friend would freak out the old lady...

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Animal is bette rthan people... Thats a cool adventure and I'm glad your not wondering any more!

Looking forward to future crawl space finds!

T

TreasureTales

Well, it was a great, suspenseful mystery for a few weeks. Now for the next episode in this story - let's see some treasures from under the house.

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II,ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you may want to dig a little deeper,like nick said it may have been a md'er who got stuck then his best freind (dog) tried to save him. think about it dog goes in to save owner,dog starts diggen finds cache,owner smacks dog,he's know longer here,guy still stuck suffacating struggles with arms trying to get the cache and free himself actaully burries his dog and cache while taking his last breath! go back in there!! :D :D :D ::)

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
you are now the proud owner of the first house built my Marcell Ledbetter, his brother Parcell, paid him 10 dollars to bury his mule and it was easier to build a house

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
** The house was built in 1863 **

:o What a great place it sounds to be!! :o Do you have any pictures of the house you can post? Would love to see them ;D

** I have checked the place out from time to time have found some old coins.I think it was owned by some Canadian French men found some old french coins..It used to be old loggers home.There is a house up the street a bit that was an old school house.and a little further there is a old farm. and there are a few old foundations around and trails i think they have been hunted before,I have not had to much luck in the old trails but i only started last summer with a few wheat's.It will be a place on my list this year.. **

How cool ;D Have you had a chance to explore anymore of the area? Under the house or around the land? Any finds?

You mentioned you were having a Medium over. . did this ever happen? If so . . details, details, details please ;D

Bogart :D

OP
OP
northeast hunter

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
We did have the medium over and she said it was one of the most peacefull places she has ever been.A good thing :D
As far as MDing i have done none i have been so busy.I hope to get out this weekend.
Here are a few photos of my place i will get more of the house sometime..
The tree in the photos must be about 150 years old or something its 14 feet in circumference

Attachments

• coke points 001.jpg
    coke points 001.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 181
  • coke points 002.jpg
    coke points 002.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 180
  • coke points 003.jpg
    coke points 003.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 177

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
Re: Take a guess at what i will find(HOLY SH#T)

cuddles17981 said:
You gave me an idea,THEN took it away- with that molar..lol We have a crawl space at the back of our cellar.. Never ventured thru it..lived here for about 14 years.. old house as well.. very creepy.... maybe this will explain your molar.. ;) my grandfather use to say, his dad would sit on the back porch of their house and yank out his bad teeth with a knife.. ::) maybe it was an extraction.. :P
I'M PRETTY SURE HE'S TELLING THE TRUTH.MY GRANDPAW DOWNED A PINT OF OLD CROW AND MY UNCLE PULLED THE FRONT TOOTH OUT WITH VISEGRIPS.I TOLD HIM HE WAS STUPID.40 DOLLARS TO KERKEM JERKIM A DENTIST,THAT IS.HE SAID PINT CHEAPER.OLD GOAT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread