(update4/26/07)Take a guess at what i will find(HOLY SH#T)

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Re: (update)Take a guess at what i will find(HOLY SH#T)

DeKalb thinks its from a horse. Wasn't the last place they looked for Hoffa at a horse breeding ranch?????? :o I am sticking with my first guess. ;D

click

Greenie
Feb 8, 2007

Boy, the CSI team gets-r-dun in an hour on tv ;D

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

click said:

CSI is complete B.S. It has been a burden on crime labs because it has been instrumental in creating the "CSI effect".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI_Effect

It's not only jurys and members of the public that have unreal expectations from the labs and criminal trials. It's prosecutors and investigators that have not bothered to educate themselves. Crime labs are overburdened with "I need this doorhandle/gun/knife swabbed or dusted" when the evidence has not been determined to be probative, is not probabitve, or may be too tattered to yield any useful information to begin with. Don't watch CSI.

click

Greenie
Feb 8, 2007

Skrimpy said:
click said:

CSI is complete B.S. It has been a burden on crime labs because it has been instrumental in creating the "CSI effect".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI_Effect

It's not only jurys and members of the public that have unreal expectations from the labs and criminal trials. Don't watch CSI.

Na, I was just kidding when I said that LOL. Just hollywood hype. As unrealistic as lawyers doing tons of pro bono work and caring about their clients! Hollywood should show the real side of life. Hey...where's Ozzy? LOL.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

click said:
Na, I was just kidding when I said that LOL. Just hollywood hype. As unrealistic as lawyers doing tons of pro bono work and caring about their clients! Hollywood should show the real side of life. Hey...where's Ozzy? LOL.

No, you're absolutely right. All I was saying was that that stupid show and it's counterparts give people unreal expectations and ensures that you have a toolbox jury with a enough wingnuts to hold up the justice system because they want to live an episode of CSI. It's the same thing as the housewife, or single mom that sits around and watches soaps all day and believes that the characters and situations are real.

click

Greenie
Feb 8, 2007

:o :( You mean a person can't be rich, poor, rich, stabbed, raped, in a coma, come back, live a double life, free the world and wake up with perfect hair and makeup? Geez, I'm crushed now. :'( LOL

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

click said:
:o :( You mean a person can't be rich, poor, rich, stabbed, raped, in a coma, come back, live a double life, free the world and wake up with perfect hair and makeup? Geez, I'm crushed now. :'( LOL

All in a one hour show.

deedeelou

Mar 10, 2007

NE Hunter,

WHAT GIVES??? Have been waiting for days to hear about what the medium had to say.

Throw us a bone, here! :D (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

Anything??? Please??

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

deedeelou said:
NE Hunter,

WHAT GIVES??? Have been waiting for days to hear about what the medium had to say.

Anything??? Please??
:D :D :D :D :D

T

tippy_canoe

NE Hunter,

I would continue to MD under the house. I'm a carpenter on Cape Cod and have helped with many an old foundation replacement - way before I ever had an interest in MDing. We've found burn pits under houses and I've learned this about the old days - in the winter, when the ground was frozen, they burned what they couldn't bury in the frozen soil. And they buried, usually under the house, what they couldn't burn. Is there a circular cellar under there that you might not be aware of? The trap door to it could very well be hidden under modern flooring.

You can't imagine some of the things we've pulled out of the sand under houses! That being said, it's much easier to excavate sand. Although I found them years ago, I just sold 5 paper cards from under a house that were going in a dumpster for $27 bucks on eBay. Yesterday, I ran into one of the the condo owners walking her dog on the beach. (The old house was chopped up into "condos".) She is getting permission from the condo association for me to MD & excavate under the house for a 50/50 split. Can't wait!

One thing I will tell you about close quarters excavating is to wear a dust mask and protect your lungs. You don't know what kind of mold, dust, or fungi are living under there!

Good luck!
-tippy

OP
OP
northeast hunter

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE

deedeelou said:
NE Hunter,

Anything??? Please??
I did not tell you sorry she moved it up hopefully this weekend..As far as the authorities getting back to me i have not heard anything yet.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

NORTHEAST HUNTER said:
...As far as the authorities getting back to me i have not heard anything yet.

If it was human you would have heard. They obviously don't think it is.

OP
OP
northeast hunter

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE

Skrimpy said:
NORTHEAST HUNTER said:

Thats what i was thinking but they said it could take a few weeks..

T

TreasureTales

It takes the authorities a few weeks to decide what size envelope to use when mailing out property tax bills. If you had posted pix of all the bones and teeth from under your house, we here on TNet could have determined long ago what they were from and you would now either be putting your place up for sale or you'd be crawling under your house (not a care in the world) looking for coins and other treasures. I trust the folks on TNet much more than "the authorities" when it comes to quick ID.

OP
OP
northeast hunter

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE

TreasureTales said:
It takes the authorities a few weeks to decide what size envelope to use when mailing out property tax bills. If you had posted pix of all the bones and teeth from under your house, we here on TNet could have determined long ago what they were from and you would now either be putting your place up for sale or you'd be crawling under your house (not a care in the world) looking for coins and other treasures. I trust the folks on TNet much more than "the authorities" when it comes to quick ID.
LOL yea That's ok i don't fell like crawling under there right know maybe next week if i don't here back...

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

NORTHEAST HUNTER said:
Skrimpy said:
NORTHEAST HUNTER said:

Thats what i was thinking but they said it could take a few weeks..

Lol. If the investigators have dismissed it at the outset it will sit in their evidence locker until they decide the case has been on the books too long and want to close it.

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Probably the remains of some wizened old MDer who was detecting the same house and got stuck in the crawlspace. If you're lucky you can find the remains of his detector.

click

Greenie
Feb 8, 2007

Nick in NEPA said:
Probably the remains of some wizened old MDer who was detecting the same house and got stuck in the crawlspace. If you're lucky you can find the remains of his detector.

;D LOL Nick!!!

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada

Maybe their just waiting for a team of short investigators, that can fit under the house, and dig you that full basement..

I wonder how long the builders actually waited for grandpa to come home after he vanished while they were nailing down the floor? ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread