Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Look out....here come the Minelab Trolls. First they post a pic of Minelabs latest creation on a Garrett forum, then get angry because it appears to be a flop (pun intended). Seen this before....expect the same results! What did you guys think....Garrett users will line up to get the new kids toy? Seriously, look at what you are trying to promote:

Single freq detector at 7.8kHz.
Same basic VLF platform as X-Terra 305.
No new detection technology.
Not waterproof.
No interchangeable coils.
No wireless headphones.
Communicates with smartphone.

Just a repackaged machine. Who cares! Take your wares somewhere else where people actually want to look at it.

John John , John … I use Garrett and Minelab detectors i like both they both put out good detectors … I have been using & liking Garrett detector's probably before you knew what a detector was … But you get to nasty with ones that do not like Garrett .. ..that is no reason to get so upset ….. And i am not a troll i say in Garrett green

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you missed the part about them being entry level detectors. So they will be competing with the cutting-edge ace series. Roflmao.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I guess you missed the part about them being entry level detectors. So they will be competing with the cutting-edge ace series. Roflmao.
And no pin-point mode either! rofl.gif

troll.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And no pin-point mode either! View attachment 1126798
But the 40 & 60 does have a pinpoint mode , volume control , back light .. you brought it up about the pinpoint… I do not push any detector co. they all make good detectors .. i even have a DFX now i got from Steve Herschbach … and i like it ...

Last edited:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
But the 40 & 60 does have a pinpoint mode , volume control , back light .. you brought it up about the pinpoint… I do not push any detector co. they all make good detectors .. i even have a DFX now i got from Steve Herschbach … and i like it ...

Thanks for clearing that up Keppy.

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I haven't written or posted anything on this forum for months. After reading the trash talk about an innovative product at a very low price point, I just had to say something.

I would hope that Garrett would stand up and take notice on what they are missing out on by not designing a lightweight compact machine. If only my ATX was designed so well on the outside...I would not have to swing an almost 8-pound military specs tank.

This appears to be a great product for kids along with entry level detectorists. If this detector will find a coin at 6-7 inches with it's turn-on and go technology and lighted LED screen, it's a home run for Minelab.

If I was to design a detector, it would be along the same lines as these Go Find machines. Who need to see coil wires, sand /dirt clogging shafts and cam locks, and control boxes in an unbalanced location on an "S" shaft.

There is no question that Garrett makes great electronics, but to move forward, it's all about the weight and design that holds the electronics.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't be running out to get one of these for my son. He would bust the control panel off on first outing for sure. Looks like a cheap toy. Just my opinion though.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John John , John … I use Garrett and Minelab detectors i like both they both put out good detectors … I have been using & liking Garrett detector's probably before you knew what a detector was … But you get to nasty with ones that do not like Garrett .. ..that is no reason to get so upset ….. And i am not a troll i say in Garrett green
Because that's what HE DOES!!!!! He thinks this is HIS forum!!!! The OP was just pointin out what he was hopin Garrett could pull off because HE IS A GARRETT FAN!!!! IF Garrett would have put these out THEY would be defendin them like crazy.. Just because somebody say's something YOU don't like DOESN'T make THEM a TROLL!!!!!!!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do guys seem to always post this minelab stuff on the Garrett forum. Hmm I wonder oh yea to stir up crap because they are bored. It will be spring soon and we can do more digging than causing bs good luck everyone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Because that's what HE DOES!!!!! He thinks this is HIS forum!!!! The OP was just pointin out what he was hopin Garrett could pull off because HE IS A GARRETT FAN!!!! IF Garrett would have put these out THEY would be defendin them like crazy.. Just because somebody say's something YOU don't like DOESN'T make THEM a TROLL!!!!!!!
fishstick … At least you under stand what i meant .. I am a Garrett fan but try to say something and it brings out all kind of crazy comments.. Like troll & crap pot but he said something else

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Well heck, lets see a copy of the well drafted suggestion letter you sent to Garrett.

If you don't mind, I'll copy parts of it and send it them too. If you want Garrett to pay attention, we should all send a letter with the recommendation to them for the needed improvements.

With all business's it's about profit. If we can show Garrett that there is enough interest to justify tooling up for a new model meeting these specifications, and that they will meet a need and turn a profit, they just may do it!

And to think, it started here and we were all a part of it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well heck, lets see a copy of the well drafted suggestion letter you sent to Garrett.

If you don't mind, I'll copy parts of it and send it them too. If you want Garrett to pay attention, we should all send a letter with the recommendation to them for the needed improvements.

With all business's it's about profit. If we can show Garrett that there is enough interest to justify tooling up for a new model meeting these specifications, and that they will meet a need and turn a profit, they just may do it!

And to think, it started here and we were all a part of it!
There is really no need to send any detector company about new products that other companies put out…. They all know about them long before any of us know …

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it does look a little funny .. or different ..but compact..
Looks like it'd tuck in a backpack nicely, not hanging up on every branch and brush within a mile. And with the small size better than runnin home for you machine. Definitely better than eyeballin or nothing

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like it'd tuck in a backpack nicely, not hanging up on every branch and brush within a mile. And with the small size better than runnin home for you machine. Definitely better than eyeballin or nothing
Yes being so compact i will have one in my semi truck with me this summer when spring shipping starts...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Post #1 Keppy
How long do you think it will be before Garrett gives us something like this .. I would like to see one from Garrett..

Post #16 Keppy
Well i put it up here with the hopes that the Garrett team would see it .. And say we have to make one like that...

Post #55 Keppy
There is really no need to send any detector company about new products that other companies put out…. They all know about them long before any of us know …

Is it my level of alcohol consumption this evening or am I just naturally confused at this point?

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Post #1 Keppy
How long do you think it will be before Garrett gives us something like this .. I would like to see one from Garrett..

Post #16 Keppy
Well i put it up here with the hopes that the Garrett team would see it .. And say we have to make one like that...

Post #55 Keppy

Is it my level of alcohol consumption this evening or am I just naturally confused at this point?

We are all on here just talking and a lot on here now a days just want to argue & fight .. Some just nit pick and seem to want trouble .i know you are for the most a garrett man .. Why all this detector rage now a days …. But you can hate all you want i do not know you never will so what you say to me is really nothing to me.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
We are all on here just talking and a lot on here now a days just want to argue & fight .. Some just nit pick and seem to want trouble .i know you are for the most a garrett man .. Why all this detector rage now a days …. But you can hate all you want i do not know you never will so what you say to me is really nothing to me.

Keppy,

I'm not nit picking- arguing, or fighting. I also don't have detector rage. I've not said anything with hate in it.

I offered to help you with writing to Garrett.

I'm just trying to understand your position as you are the original poster, and now you have a polar opposite opinion of what you said thereby completely contradicting yourself between post #1, #16 and #55.

I'm confused as to your goal here.

Is it just to stir up some controversy or is it to get Garrett to recognize they may need to approach a different market?

If it's just to get some attention, mission accomplished. If it's to get Garrett to recognize an untapped market, how can we help you do that?

By the way, I also own a Viper Trident (one of my biggest mistakes) and just purchased a Vibra Probe 580. I also bought my kid a Minelab and recommended a Whites for my father in law.

Different detectors for different jobs. You seem upset. Is there something we can all do to help you?

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy,

I'm not nit picking- arguing, or fighting. I also don't have detector rage. I've not said anything with hate in it.

I offered to help you with writing to Garrett.

I'm just trying to understand your position as you are the original poster, and now you have a polar opposite opinion of what you said thereby completely contradicting yourself between post #1, #16 and #55.

I'm confused as to your goal here.

Is it just to stir up some controversy or is it to get Garrett to recognize they may need to approach a different market?

If it's just to get some attention, mission accomplished. If it's to get Garrett to recognize an untapped market, how can we help you do that?

By the way, I also own a Viper Trident (one of my biggest mistakes) and just purchased a Vibra Probe 580. I also bought my kid a Minelab and recommended a Whites for my father in law.

Different detectors for different jobs. You seem upset. Is there something we can all do to help you?
I am not contradicting my self ..post #1 was to tell Garrett we might like a detector from them like the 20 -60 … post#2 That post meant that if Garrett knew that enough of us from the Treasure forums would post about it they might think about what they already know harder.. post 55 about the same as 16.. ……….. 55 they know about it As to write a letter to Garrett there is no need if they want to do it they will if not they will not…………………………………………………….. But from now on i will not be a OP i will just answer some one's question if i know the answer to much hassle from one's ….. Like i am confused do not know what i am talking about ….. I will let all you english language majors work it out between each other …

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread