John Wilkes Booth Missing Diary Pages and Elizabeth Quesenberry

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Kind of interesting and I want to follow what others say, so posting this for reference, otherwise I know nothing about what you are talking about, didn't even know that Booth had a diary. You have a problem, because it isn't worth a cent until you dig it up and prove what it is, and I don't see how you will get that done on the QT. If it is buried on private property, and you cut a deal with them, then what you dig up is yours, and if it ends up worth a lot of money, stand by for a law suit, on account of they will want their cut. If you cut a deal, and you end up legally owning the find, and not in court, and it is proven to have a lot of historical value, well, all I can say is look at what the government did to Mel Fisher. They have unlimited money -- hell, they print it, -- and high dollar lawyers to take what they want away from you.

bofusmosby

Apr 28, 2011
Tampa Florida
Detector(s) used
Many many different ones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, don't believe a word of it. The Diary you mention was supposedly complete when it came into the possession of Edwin M. Stanton. When he gave up possession of it, THAT'S when the pages were noticed being missing. The Vatican had nothing to do with the assassination of Lincoln, neither did the US government.

On another note, someone is NOT going to bury an item such as a pot down 6 feet deep.What would be the purpose? Items such as these were usually buried (at their deepest) from the tip of a mans fingers, to the shoulder, so it could be recovered without having to get in the hole for continued digging. None of this adds up, not in the least. BTW, I went to school with a direct descendant of J.W.Booth.

This is not one of those nasty replies, I just believe that you may have made a left turn when you should have turned right. I don't agree or believe anything that you have "discovered". I believe that you have been grossly mis-informed.

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I just think it's weird that a new guy joining a forum where nobody knows him and who is asking for help does it by kicking the door open and being rude to everyone. At least you're honest about only being in it for the money. So if I'm reading this correctly you're just looking to talk to people who will tell you it's ok to sneak onto private property, dig holes without the property owners permission, and then sneak off with a national treasure that you "feel" belongs to you because of some distant ancestry ? Do you have any clue just how many "direct bloodline" ancestors a person has when you go back several generations ? Don't you feel the least bit guilty that you would also be stealing from many many family members who have the same "right" you do ? I have a grandfather 8 generations back who fought in the battle of Lexington & Concord. Hundreds if not thousands of other people have exactly the same bloodline to the same man. If he had 5 children, and each of those had 5 children, etc.... Do the math.

Last edited:

bofusmosby

Apr 28, 2011
Tampa Florida
Detector(s) used
Many many different ones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and BTW, I have studied the Lincoln assassination for over 48 years!

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe and it wasn't' an assassination. It was just another war causality.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are posting these questions on a open forum, so what makes you think that the other parties involved, wont read this? Yes, digging a hole six feet deep is nonsense, unless they anticipated the metal detector being invented. A clay pot, with a diary, six feet deep, probably wouldnt be sealed for long.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason for my attempts at asking questions concerning this is because I'd rather find some honest way.
I thought maybe a escrow account. Where the expected monies would be paid upon finding said items, but then there's finding someone to even put up the time of listening to you, little alone believing you.
I even tried contacting the Historical Society and they didn't believe a word of it. Which is ok, but the real point is, 'I believe I'm telling the truth based on what I've discovered. I wouldn't lie about this nor do I have any desire to make a fool out of myself because of it.

The map shows a house. Beside the house it shows a circle with a star inside it and a pyramid below the circle and a line coming from one corner of the bottom part of the pyramid toward it's center- this is where the X is and says it's located. This house isn't on the Historical Registry. No one's noticed it's importance. It use to be a old school/church house. It's very old and sits on a large farm property.

I'm telling you the truth~ I know where Booth's Diary is...but the real treasure is the dagger and NOT because of the Jewels it contains- something else makes it very special.

Anyway's thank you for your comments. I appreciate it. I'll be back to more evening sometime.

Thank you,
Mr. Quesenberry

I thought you said people live in the house? By a MD and ask if its OK to search the area. Then say you'll show the finds after you're done. If they don't let you on ohh well. If you trespass and find the pot and they find out you'll get charged with trespass and theft. If you know its there offer them a nice amount to search around the house. Easy enough. There is also the chance that you never find it or it was never buried. It could also of been buried somewhere else. How do you know what's down there from the map? If its 6 ft it sounds like a body? Digging up a body is a crime all on its own. Have fun talking to the Catholics about that one. Also never say what you have maps to if the government were to read this and they felt that they needed this bit of evidence in a crime against a guy that killed a president even though the attacker is long gone. I believe they will still want it for its significants to the USA and well they are greedy to. They would come to you're house and take the map. They don't need a reason to. Whose going to stop them? The police? Lol

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't take what you can't understand.

~no worries. I'm the only one who knows how to read it.

You could look right at it and not even know the information was even there to begin with.

But the government would hire a person that can read maps. May you post a picture of the map that you used to find the rock?

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
I did not read all the replies so maybe some one else told you.You have the diary you are kin to the one who wrote it is a buried treasure and by law you owen it. talk to a lawyer (I so hate to write that sad sorry pieces they are) you will be able to gain access to retrieve your property

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, Dan Brown would have a heyday with this!

Your story could make the trilogy...Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, etc.

Tom Hanks could play you!

Ya, I know, you'll only address serious replies.

Well, WTF do you want from us? You already know where it's buried.

Are you looking for someone to approve of you trespassing and stealing?

Thanks for keeping the boredom away this morning!

Cheers,
Dave.

jambone

Jan 26, 2013
Skunkington Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in agreement with Bofusmosby.

And, sneaking onto someone else's property to dig holes is a great way to find yourself 6ft under ground. Buy the land (or get permission). If it's all you say it is, then it's worth the investment, right? You can always sell it when you're done with it.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
It's been really cold lately. I have heard that if you wear a coat lined with Easter Bunny fur it will not only keep you warm but it will also make you invisible. A handy thing when you're trespassing on private property.. :laughing7:

Last edited:

bofusmosby

Apr 28, 2011
Tampa Florida
Detector(s) used
Many many different ones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been rumors about where the missing pages are (were) ever since the assissination, and there have been many. I personally don't believe it, but if giving you the benefit of the doubt, the ONLY way to do this is to ask for permission. Don't tell them what you are looking for, or give any hints as to where, or how deep they are supposedto be buried. Explain to them that they were supposedly buried by a relative, and leave it at that.

On a note about history, to have an interest in history ONLY because of financial gain is just wrong! I do not agree with your mind-set. Greed will get you nowhere fast IMO.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Wish it was that easy, but I don't have that kind of money and convincing someone isn't so easy either (as you see).
This last post makes me wonder what your motives are for joining this forum and starting this thread. If you're looking for investors just say so. Folks do it all the time on here. There's a group of guys from the Phillippines who pop in every few weeks for example....

Last edited:

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a group of rich people on here that give money out!?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wisdom you seek is probably with those that have departed this earth, as in KVM.
As close to the truth as you can, and thinking out side the box.
I wish you luck.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just very skeptic on the whole thing show pics of the map once you find the treasure

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
th_popcorncat.gif

Attachments

• MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif
    MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif
    567.7 KB · Views: 269