Booth03281206_s.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Booth died in my town and I have the missing pages. No, you can't see them.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes people pass through here with some outlandish stories I don't know what they gain by them and could care less However you seem to have some " history " on the topic and claim of knowledge You might want to do a " search " on the forum , There are many threads and members, who have done extensive research on the matter ----- Good luck on your endeavor !!!

Last edited:

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might try to befriend a Catholic priest. Then get him to talk to the landowners about your story.

oldnugget

Feb 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats my old map...where i burried my PBJ SANDWICHES so my mom thought i ate them every day ! LOL

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is any legitimate legal claim, which I see no chance of here, pursue it through a lawyer. Otherwise make a deal with the landowner, any other option I see would be illegal.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
So this is a fishing expedition to find someone to throw money into this. Thanks ! It took 3 pages of smoke & mirrors to finally get down to the real reason you came here ?

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be it's true and may be it's not. But three years is a long time to figure it out. But it sounds like a really big hole for a very little object and if you don't hurry may be someone will buy it tare it down put up a mall, make a bomb shelter or put in a septic who knows it will be history down the drain

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you got a value from Christies. Just wondering how you know what the jewels are, and how big. They dont usually give a value, without seeing it first.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I've been upfront.
I hope you don't mind a little friendly criticism because I mean no disrespect. Buttt.. You come here with NO proof of anything, telling an amazing story that can't be documented. You claim to have a "map" but won't show it to anyone. And you don't have permission to search the area where you "think" there might be a historic treasure. Might I suggest placing an add on craigslist for investors ? The folks here are pretty smart....

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, don't believe a word of it. I believe that you have been grossly mis-informed.

Yay!! Another bs treasure story!! woo hoo!! You need to spot watching National Treasure 2 my friend.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd be surprised the contents of the map's information.

You say you're the only one that can read it so show it. How are you going to get investors without showing the proof of potential treasure

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK been snowed in here the last few days and had some time to think some options out However they are based upon some lacking info I don't expect you to provide due to the secret nature of your endeavor

1 - You need to get to some of the Lincoln threads on this board and others . L C BAKER and KGC have done a lot of research maybe they can give you some info

2 - I feel your being honest , But how did this get to OHIO as you said , Booth crossed the river in Virginia ? Was it transported to the new location?

3 - I dig a lot in my quests , A lot of stuff was buried down here during the WAR , I have yet to have to did deeper than say 3 feet, A fellow member found a steel vault box in LA and it was only at 2 feet SIX feet is along way to dig , It is apparent there had to be some assistance , If so there has to be another map or person who is aware of the story besides you

4 - The best approach with the owners would at this point be honesty --- You don't have to mention what you feel the missing pages contain regarding the act, just offer them to them , at that point if there was any activity with the Holy Sea , you put the decision to release it with them , If they read it and discover the information, they can simply burn the pages and its lost forever , I would not let them know what you THINK the pages contain

5 - There is very strong opinions that Booth was part of the KGC and was not killed at the farm - There is a link to the Brooklyn NY newspaper the " Brooklyn Eagle " that indicates he still was alive for many years. That being said I don't see why he would give the pages and Dagger to a stranger , unless they were KGC also

Well good luck Hope this gave you some ideas on how to approach the matter, Snows melting here

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Assuming everything you've said is true I guess I'm not understanding what the money you're looking for from an investor is to be used for or what guarantee they have of ever seeing it again. What's almost as confusing as what you won't show or say is what you have said already. You claim the property owners would never allow anyone to look for it and would give it to the church if something is found. In my mind that alone ends it. They own it if it does exist. You go on to claim rightful ownership because you're an ancestor of Mrs Quesenberry but there must be hundreds or other ancestors at this point in the family tree. Just for a minute lets pretend I'm not a retired auto mechanic living on Social Security and that I have disposable income to invest in such a venture. I'll ask the obvious... What do I get for my money and what protection do I have that I will get it back if nothing ever comes of this ? So far from what I've read I'd do better to invest my money in a snowmobile repair shop in South Florida...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look if setting some monies aside in another account with a written agreement ..is so dam hard for someone to do ... with the chances of discovering something so BIG.

Is such a hard thing to do... then screw it.

What the hell does anyone think I have to gain by deceiving someone? I don't want no fame. I don't want no publicity. There's absolutely nothing I want but paid AND I agreed that wouldn't happen until the contents were verified IF they are where I say they are.

So.. how the hell am I deceiving or attempting to screw someone BASED on the way I want to approach this?

Tell me.

Because that is how ALL scams work, GREED. People think they are going to get a huge return for their speculation and trust. Once someone puts thier $$$ in this "trust" how are they ever supposed to get it back when you vanish?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
LOL... So basically it goes like this... You're looking for someone to help you rob a bank. You have no guns and no car but you know where the bank is. You'd like someone to provide all of those things AND help you rob it for a split of the profits.. Like they say on that "Shark Tank" tv show.. I'm out... Thanks for the laughs man.. Seriously.. Posting on a treasure hunting forum looking for someone to assist you in STEALING extremely valuable & historic religious artifacts that are somehow tied to the Lincoln assassination.... priceless... LMAO.. Here's a thought. If you're so sure the map & so forth is real why not simply sell it to the Discovery channel or Geraldo or something and avoid that whole pesky "jail sentence" possibility ? And if the Vatican had the ability to murder a US President what makes you think they won't kill you and your investor ? Honestly this deserves the banner just for being the best scam attempt in a long time. Way better than the average Phillipines lost gold story. Have a great day. :thumbsup: Mods can we move this to Comedy Central ?

Attachments

• used-car-salesman.jpg
    used-car-salesman.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHA! So you want people here to help you commit multiple felonies! Get lost dude!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions