What hobby do you do in the winter ?

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In NC Winter is prime metal detecting season!

Yea here to,its not so hot during the winter,during the summer is when we have cabin fever.Its been sweet the last couple of days highs in the low 70's,nice low humidity,can't wait for winter,some days i will have to wear a long sleeved shirt..8-)

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I build acoustic instruments (guitars, ukuleles and Cigar Box guitars) in the winter.
Also small wood projects for various uses.
image.jpg
image.jpg

collision

Jul 14, 2014
Temecula
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like putting together jigsaw puzzles. My favorite kind are the ones featuring the art of Charles Wysocki.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm. That's an idea I hadn't thought about in years. Puzzles. I used to love to work them. That's something I'll have to try this winter. Thanks, Collision.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I knew what winter was til I moved from Oklahoma to up here near the Continental Divide. I guess my hobby in winter is work. I'm in retail, this is a ski resort area, so winter is our busiest time. You can get all the overtime you can handle, so 14 hour days and 60 to 80 hour weeks aren't unusual. About the only detecting opportunities with a 48 inch frost line is when somebody loses somethin in the snow, and I try to help them out. The good thing about snow, is in the spring melt I go down to where the city dumps all the snow they remove from the streets. You can come up with some very interesting things.

2oldbones

Apr 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I do a lot of research for civil war stuff and I fool around with Amateur Radio.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what do I do in the winter. I start with deer hunting then when I get on then I got to butcher it up for the freezer. Then when trapping season start I do some trapping when I am sitting in my chair at night I do some CRH to see what I can find. In the summer I pan for some concentrate and I will pan that out in the winter month is also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread