Confirmed-2.5 Mile Wide Comet expected September 15-28, 2015... ? did I miss memo ?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best laid plans of mice and men sometimes go haywire.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck everyones gonna get ulcers worrying about this & they'll kill ya quick! My plan? Got my big comfy camp chair, a big fat steak with trimmings. A sack of some excellent coffee beans, and my three favorite deserts. Gonna sit out on the back porch and have a real nice meal watchin the best fireworks show ever!

Why sweat it? If god says or your number is up which ever your beliefs are. NO AMOUNT OF WORRYING IS GONNA CHANGE WHAT'S COMING! It's life! Ya just gotta have fun with it!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck everyones gonna get ulcers worrying about this & they'll kill ya quick! My plan? Got my big comfy camp chair, a big fat steak with trimmings. A sack of some excellent coffee beans, and my three favorite deserts. Gonna sit out on the back porch and have a real nice meal watchin the best fireworks show ever!

Why sweat it? If god says or your number is up which ever your beliefs are. NO AMOUNT OF WORRYING IS GONNA CHANGE WHAT'S COMING! It's life! Ya just gotta have fun with it!
What time do I need to be there? I like my steak rare.....

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Putting it in God's hands is ok, but I prefer to be some what prepared.

Let's say a big one hits the earth, creates a massive dust cloud that blocks out the sun for a year or more.

Would it be better to starve to death after eating your pets, or break out the MRE's ?

Just Sayin'.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Putting it in God's hands is ok, but I prefer to be some what prepared.

Let's say a big one hits the earth, creates a massive dust cloud that blocks out the sun for a year or more.

Would it be better to starve to death after eating your pets, or break out the MRE's ?

Just Sayin'.
Agreed to a point. Outstanding to have a cache of chow, but it's a little ridiculous to eat sleep & drink doom. I get a kick out of the preppers that have $30,000 of food in their basements. So what the heck do they do if their basement is destroyed? Cache your gear in a trailer! At least if you have to get outta Dodge you still got your chow!!
DON'T FORGET to take a stack of books! It's gonna be kinda boring while humanity rebuilds itself!:laughing7::laughing7:

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it happens, it happens. As far as preps, you never put all of your eggs in one basket.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Confirmed-2.5 Mile Wide Comet expected September 15-28, 2015.."

bullshit-2.jpg~original
bullshit-2.jpg~original
bullshit-2.jpg~original

So, it's supposed to arrive sometime between Sept. 15th to the 28th...more of the above pic.

If there actually was an inbound asteroid or comet, astronomers with the
right software could tell you when it was going to arrive, accurate down to
the minute. The day would not even be in question, and they'd also be able
to tell you where it was going to hit.

Some folks just have way too much time on their hands.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Confirmed-2.5 Mile Wide Comet expected September 15-28, 2015.."

bullshit-2.jpg~original
bullshit-2.jpg~original
bullshit-2.jpg~original

So, it's supposed to arrive sometime between Sept. 15th to the 28th...more of the above pic.

If there actually was an inbound asteroid or comet, astronomers with the
right software could tell you when it was going to arrive, accurate down to
the minute. The day would not even be in question, and they'd also be able
to tell you where it was going to hit.

Some folks just have way too much time on their hands.

Way way WAY too much time, so much so they become delusional. Sad really.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Just Sayin'.

Your MRE's would already be cooked if it hits in this hemisphere. The estimate for the one that wiped out the dinosaurs was a six mile in diameter meteor. So figure the steam explosion of a 2.5mi. diameter stone would create enough heat and blast to destroy a patch of about 1/10th of the Earth's surface. The shock waves and taunami about 1/4 of everything else. If it actually impacts instead of airbursts the opposite side of the impact site will have earthquakes unlike anything we can measure and similar tsunamis.

If you've got 5,000,000 years worth of MRE's and you're around the edges you might make it. Because things like corn and wheat may have to evolve from crab grass or such again.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
If it will end the political T.V. mind numbing garbage, let that sucker smack us a couple of days early...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it will end the political T.V. mind numbing garbage, let that sucker smack us a couple of days early...

That's what the "off " button is for, making silence golden.

It won't hit....I have a years worth of 2 mag subscriptions I haven't had time to read, if you think life is going to accommodate me on that one, guess again.....Murphy's law 101!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the words of Woody Allen, back when he was wise and funny and not yet a pervert "it's not that I am afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens".

Last edited:

ALDEEZ777

Jul 14, 2014
Davenport, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guess what? Nothing you can do about it either way. So sit back and enjoy the show.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if we could harness all the hot air coming out of DC and direct it toward any incoming comet we have a good shot at diverting it, but the there goes the global warming....darn it! :laughing7:

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you see trump disappear before the 15th , you know something's up. You can't tell me THAT guy doesn't have a plan

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't even have to be a disaster of biblical proportion to disrupt the food supply chain for a few months.

There was a year without a summer in our historic past.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

Electromagnetic pulse, solar flare, I'm no gloom and Doomer, but for a few hundred bucks you can have enough freeze dried food for 6 months.

That's not much of a gamble, cheap insurance really.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread