T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The winter of '92-'93 was a dandy...I was out of work and shoveled house roofs for a hundred dollars a pop...only did one a day by myself!! After I was finished, I would just step off of the roof onto the built up snow!!
You have the rest of your life to get out.
If you won't leave shoveling alone , just peck away at it verrrry gradually.
Disturbed snow...like at the end of your drive will set up hard if not cleared within several hours , but will one day melt.
I try to ease into it and get conditioned but average a pulled muscle a year due to shoveling from a chair.
Bit by bit you can clear an area.
I plow drives today but used to shovel multiple drives as a youth , then get to shovel when I got home too of course.
Made real good money after a blizzard that had snow up to and over rooftops one year when roofs started leaking.
Bit by bit!

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It sleeted here for several hours. I just went out and measured the depth in my back yard - 14". The weight of the sleet will certainly have tamped down the depth. And of course it is supposed to continue till morning, projecting as much as 2" more.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It sleeted here for several hours. I just went out and measured the depth in my back yard - 14". The weight of the sleet will certainly have tamped down the depth. And of course it is supposed to continue till morning, projecting as much as 2" more.

I'll bet that wood pile is lookin like a prime resource.
Hang in there Deep.
That creek is gonna rise again too.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll bet that wood pile is lookin like a prime resource. Hang in there Deep. That creek is gonna rise again too.

That wood pile is sweet :) So glad I got ahead of it early. So much rain, over and over. I'm into the storage pallets now. When/if the weather clears and dries up a little, I now need to get cutting more.

Yep, the creeks gonna rise again :(

I went to Lowes a couple weeks back and got a load of 50# bags of Quikrete and layed them in like pavers, still need a bunch more but it really smoothed out the crossing. Hopefully by now they've all turned into concrete rocks.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was going to come this way but I'm am glad it's now missing us altogether up here in Nova Scotia for once. Got plenty of snow around already. I do feel bad especially for all the areas that don't usually get much snow. Way worse on people if your not use to it and unprepared.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It was going to come this way but I'm am glad it's now missing us altogether up here in Nova Scotia for once. Got plenty of snow around already. I do feel bad especially for all the areas that don't usually get much snow. Way worse on people if your not use to it and unprepared.

Was always somewhat enchanted by Nova Scotia, but never made it there. Had a lady friend in Quebec for a number of years, actually considered immigrating. Alas, she was always in darkness - such blackness and pain in her heart - until I just couldn't take it anymore.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was always somewhat enchanted by Nova Scotia, but never made it there. Had a lady friend in Quebec for a number of years, actually considered immigrating. Alas, she was always in darkness - such blackness and pain in her heart - until I just couldn't take it anymore.

You should book a nice week or two spring,summer or fall trip here someday. Sight see and travel around while you get some great hunting time in. Untouched hunting spots galore all over the province! [emoji106]
Also big old beaches everywhere to do if you like that also! [emoji2]

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You should book a nice week or two spring,summer or fall trip here someday. Sight see and travel around while you get some great hunting time in. Untouched hunting spots galore all over the province! [emoji106]
Also big old beaches everywhere to do if you like that also! [emoji2]

I do planning on living for quite a while yet, and I am retired. I may be snowed in up my holler so long it will be Summer before I get out!

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1263424

I'm in the 5" to 8" range according to the latest Weather Underground

View attachment 1263427

but one of the TV stations
are predicting 2 Feet up here on Top :(

Not sure My roof will take it,
So Fingers are Crossed the winds will blow it off as fast as it accumulates if we do get those numbers :(

stay safe everyone !

Hose the roof. No mo sno :D

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not snowing at my house right at the moment. I set my alarm for 0400 hrs and hit the wood stove first thing. I'm doing far, far better with the wood stove this year than last. All I had to do was stoke it and add a couple more logs.

I went out on the porch and really couldn't tell much in the dark. Last night it was 14". When it get's daylight I'll find out where it's at now. It wasn't snowing or spitting when I was out there. A projected 3 days in front of us with temps in the 40's, and then the 20's at night = thaw, freeze, thaw, freeze. I had better plans of keeping a rut path open, but after the terror yesterday of maybe dropping off the side of the road - I'd say it's a good thing we went for groceries the day before. About a decade ago Mom was frozen in up here for 3 months. Can't be having that.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
over 14" already & they upped it to 24 for here :(

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

at this point I have no doubt if my house keeps standing , I won't get out till February. :( & then only if we don't get any more Snow this month.

Interstate 81 below me

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Real climate change. Who cause that :dontknow:

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching CNN what a mess.l pray anyone who's homeless has been able to get some help and get a warm dry place to go, awful.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I put on my knee high boots and shoveled snow off my porch steps, and cleared the area around my outside door to the basement.

That spot I measured at 14" last night is down to 9" right now, but random around found areas as high as 16", TWC right now says we're at 23 degrees with a projected high today at 25.

Got me some more wood in, and I'll probably have to do that several times through the day - especially for the overnight. A stream of highs tomorrow and for a streak of 4 days will be above 40. Later on today I'll walk down to the highway and see if my driveway is passable. I want out when I wanna be out!

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone have a heated driveway?
I'm thinking about it this year.

stevei48

Oct 3, 2015
Mckeesport Pa.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter land ranger pro
vibra probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am south east of Pittsburgh, I just shoveled about 10 inches off the driveway. They are calling for less than 2 more and it is suppose to be done by 1pm.
My step daughter lives in Breinigsville Lehigh county. My wife is out there, helping out while she is pregnant. And counting down the days untill the baby is born. I just looked at their weather. Blizzard warning and 22 to 30 inches. I can't help but worry about them. I guess i got off easy from this storm

Steve

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have tire chains?? Sometimes out here where I live, we would be out sledding and tubing and would have to chain up to get out!! Four wheel drive vehicles, just chain up the front axle. Cable chains work real good, better and easier to put on, than the old solid set chains....just a thought.:dontknow:
It's not snowing at my house right at the moment. I set my alarm for 0400 hrs and hit the wood stove first thing. I'm doing far, far better with the wood stove this year than last. All I had to do was stoke it and add a couple more logs.

I went out on the porch and really couldn't tell much in the dark. Last night it was 14". When it get's daylight I'll find out where it's at now. It wasn't snowing or spitting when I was out there. A projected 3 days in front of us with temps in the 40's, and then the 20's at night = thaw, freeze, thaw, freeze. I had better plans of keeping a rut path open, but after the terror yesterday of maybe dropping off the side of the road - I'd say it's a good thing we went for groceries the day before. About a decade ago Mom was frozen in up here for 3 months. Can't be having that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions