kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I once had the front half of my big toenail bend up at a 90 degree angle. I thought that hurt until the doc grabbed it with both thumbs and bent it back down! Tell your wife I can feel a little of her pain as I have had the nerves burned in 7 vertebrae and may still have to go through fusion in my neck. Both of you get well.
The doc grabbed it with both thumbs?? :dontknow:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just tape it to the toe next to it. I broke mine a couple of times in JUDO. Remember i TOED you.

Interesting-----------------my first and only broken toe came in a Judo class in 1957.
Marvin

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all.... well I got more sympathy from my "buddies" here on T-net than I actually did my wife (night it happened). It's now a lovely shade of black and green.... we're past the red stage now! I really don't know if I broke it or not... but it still hurts like hell. I got up this morning about 6:00 am. Got me a cup of coffee and sat down on the sofa. I turned on the news and 4 of my 5 dogs were all around me wanting attention with my leg upon the sofa. They all got their attention and I opened the slider door to let them out. About 10 minutes later and getting my 2nd cup our Great Dane walks out and STANDS on my hurt little toe. She doesn't just step on it.... She STANDS on it!!!!!! Talk about waking up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just "glad" it's my little toe.... because I've broken some larger toes before. And the more they have to support the more it hurts.

Wife is still just shakin' her head.... I'm kinda ashamed.... (not). :laughing7:

This happened after the beer drinkin' (10-12...?) and a good shower. Surely there's no connection..... just saying. That end table just jumped out... not my fault. :dontknow:

Hey big Guy, it has been two days already. How long you gonna be in Wimp Mode? :laughing7: Get out there and find some Horseshoes.
Marvin

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Eh, he should have ridden that Great Dane to the hospital! :laughing9:

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey big Guy, it has been two days already. How long you gonna be in Wimp Mode? :laughing7: Get out there and find some Horseshoes.
Marvin

I can tell ya EXACTLY Marvin.... When I can put on my socks and shoes without a stick in my mouth and swear pouring down my forehead. That's when...! Come on up and help (you know the way). :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eh, he should have ridden that Great Dane to the hospital! :laughing9:

The Great Dane (Harley) is staying at arms length now. I scared the hell out of her when I yelled! :dontknow:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tape the toe, sandals or your slippers and ibuprofen maybe your best bet. That toe is gonna be sore for a while.

I'd say more beer, and you have to "stay on the couch", but that may present a problem.

Hope you and the Mrs. heal up soon.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tape the toe, sandals or your slippers and ibuprofen maybe your best bet. That toe is gonna be sore for a while.

I'd say more beer, and you have to "stay on the couch", but that may present a problem.

Hope you and the Mrs. heal up soon.

That's a good idea.... stay on the couch and drink more beer.... But who the hell is gonna bring me the beer (hint: won't be wife). QUESTION: How do you train a Great Dane to bring you a beer? :dontknow:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell ya EXACTLY Marvin.... When I can put on my socks and shoes without a stick in my mouth and swear pouring down my forehead. That's when...! Come on up and help (you know the way). :thumbsup:
I'll think twice before coming up since I see you are shopping for a rifle.:laughing7:
Marvin

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting-----------------my first and only broken toe came in a Judo class in 1957.
Marvin
dude email me i was on the US judo team in 69 toes, nose, fingers and pride have been broken. :notworthy:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good idea.... stay on the couch and drink more beer.... But who the hell is gonna bring me the beer (hint: won't be wife). QUESTION: How do you train a Great Dane to bring you a beer? :dontknow:

Loop a towel thru the fridge handle, show her a doggie treat and tell her she gets one everytime she fetches a beer for you...worked with the kids! :D

Or you could just fill a cooler with beer and ice, prop your foot on it, while you sit on the couch and enjoy your cold, golden, liquid pain med.!
(which ever you think you can get away with!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll think twice before coming up since I see you are shopping for a rifle.:laughing7:
Marvin

Damn guy I'm ordering a pee-shooter. Just a .17HMR. If this bothers you then I'm sure the 30-30, 300 mag, 25-30 and MANY others might be more relevant.

Now with THAT said... You got away with one Golden Horseshoe fine but if you find the other 3 WITHOUT me.... There might be a problem.

Oh hell.... I'm over it... and a wimp now!!!!!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loop a towel thru the fridge handle, show her a doggie treat and tell her she gets one everytime she fetches a beer for you...worked with the kids! :D

Or you could just fill a cooler with beer and ice, prop your foot on it, while you sit on the couch and enjoy your cold, golden, liquid pain med.!
(which ever you think you can get away with!)

You know what lady..... I think the cooler idea is the best!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recall back in the sixties when I was a secret agent, being caught by the commies and having my nails pulled out

put your big boy pants on and suck it up

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recall back in the sixties when I was a secret agent, being caught by the commies and having my nails pulled out

put your big boy pants on and suck it up

Yea, I remember you. I pulled 4 of them out and couldn't take the screaming. I then moved to the U.S., got a job, retired early, moved to a remote area and joined T-Net.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmmmm....

WIMP- Woosie In Man Panties

Been there, done that...

Ripped the whole damn toenail off. I told my grandsons a stingray bit it off whilst detecting in the surf.

Seemed a whole lot manlier than telling them I'm went to battle with the coffee table.

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 9.30.28 PM.png

Darn thing actually is growing back...

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G.I.B... Great post above. My end table tore me UP!

But you do remind me of an event years ago. Wife and I loaded up the van here in TN. and took kids down to Gulf Shores in AL. We headed down to beach and the kids hit the surf. About 1/2 hour later I entered the water. I walked out about chest high and "something" hit, bite and/or attacked my left foot. I headed for shore pronto. Man was I bleeding from the bottom of my foot. I came out, sat down on beach and several folks (locals) came to see/help me. They all said, yea.... "Jellyfish sting.... Hunts like hell doesn't it?"

WELL..... I think I saw a Great White fin just before the ATTACK! That's what really happened!!!!!! But to your credit (support) those tables ARE tough on toes buddy!!!!!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dude email me i was on the US judo team in 69 toes, nose, fingers and pride have been broken. :notworthy:

I didn't pursue the sport of Martial arts but was on my HS wrestling team and wanted to learn a few extra moves.
Marvin

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The doc grabbed it with both thumbs?? :dontknow:

Yep! He held my foot with both hands and used both thumbs to bend the nail back down. It took that much force to move it. I was using a hand truck to move a freezer and when I set the freezer down the truck rolled back and caught my toe, through my shoe, and bent the nail up at a 90 degree angle. I tried to bend it back myself but couldn't, the pain was so bad believe it or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread