When quiting is a good thing

richeysd76

Oct 28, 2013
spotsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Garrett at pro, fisher f4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When quiting is a good thing. I just turned 40yo this year and I had a can a day dipping habbit. I started when I was 15 and I was hooked. 25 yrs I never missed a day and never even tried to quit before. So when I turned 40 in April I started thinking maybe I should try but did not know how to stop. So I was researching different ways and finally on June 4th I made a decision. I went to the nearest vape store told the guy I had no idea what I was looking for so I asked for his help and he set me up with everything I needed. Now I'm not gonna say that it has been the easiest thing I've done but I have not had a dip since. I still have some triggers and metal detecting is a big one. So if your trying to quit smoking or dipping and can't do it cold turkey I really suggest trying out vaping, I would not have made it this far without mine. Thanks for reading and good luck

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there, and good luck.
I've been dipping since I was a small boy, I'm fifty know and should quit. But you're right.... It's not easy. I quite for eight weeks about ten years ago and it was the hardest thing I ever tried to do. My wife and daughter and friends couldn't stand me. I was miserable and took it out on everyone. I tried to quit because everyone wanted me to and that dosent work. You have to be able to quit in your mind first, and really want it to work. I'm not there yet but maybe someday. I wish you the best of luck![emoji256] [emoji256]

HH RN

bigdisco00

Jan 23, 2014
Miami
Detector(s) used
Garret gti 2500 with eagle eye. Diver detector soon to come!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best of luck guys!! trying to get the nicotine monkey off my back too.....

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
congratz you quitter!!! You did the right thing in my book!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I wish you the best of luck. I just quit smoking about 2 months ago, Thanks Brad. I only have one question: What the heck is "DIPPING" ??? I've "NEVER" vheard that term before. PEACE:RONB

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I wish you the best of luck. I just quit smoking about 2 months ago, Thanks Brad. I only have one question: What the heck is "DIPPING" ??? I've "NEVER" vheard that term before. PEACE:RONB
Lol. Snuff/ Tobacco

HH RN

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck on quitting the habit, you can do it! :occasion14: :occasion14:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
That's a major, major accomplishment in my book. I thought I'd try dipping to get off cigarettes and it worked but damn, getting off the dip was so much harder. Well done sir!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was driving in WVA a few years back on Rt. 219 heading towards Peterstown and saw a huge sign on a barn along the road, wish I'd have taken a picture!

"Save Face - Don't Dip"

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I was driving in WVA a few years back on Rt. 219 heading towards Peterstown and saw a huge sign on a barn along the road, wish I'd have taken a picture!

"Save Face - Don't Dip"
I'm disgusted by the big hand-painted sign on the side of a 150-y.o. building in Concord, Mi.
"Chew MAIL POUCH Tobacco - Treat Yourself to Cancer".

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck! I have quit for up to 4 months about 5 different times since turning 36 back 10 years ago. The biggest triggers are coffee, detecting, fishing/beer drinking, welding, machining, mowing the grass, and pressure washing. If I could quit all those things I'd have it licked!
I had the most success with suggestive hypnosis, followed by the patch, then lastly the gum. Basically by vapping you are essentially replacing one habit with another(much like the gum).

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck! I have quit for up to 4 months about 5 different times since turning 36 back 10 years ago. The biggest triggers are coffee, detecting, fishing/beer drinking, welding, machining, mowing the grass, and pressure washing. If I could quit all those things I'd have it licked!
I had the most success with suggestive hypnosis, followed by the patch, then lastly the gum. Basically by vapping you are essentially replacing one habit with another(much like the gum).
I haven't bought a pack in over a month, since I started vaping. That's over $200 left in my wallet! Now, I have to quit vaping.

My buddy that chews used to ask me, regarding my smoking, "how can you put something in your mouth that's burning?" Well, I tried his brand of chew, felt like my mouth was on fire!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions