Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: Irma now a Cat 5...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    7812 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    In a word, "RUN!"
    pat-tekker-cat likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    8247 times
    Just talked to my daughter...they're staying.
    She "LoL" me, said the news said it would be a cat 3 when it got to Fla.
    .....i told her to write their social security numbers on their upper arms in permanent marker.
    ...kids! Uggggh!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

us
    Jul 2017
    Texas
    bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2
    663 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Msbeepbeep View Post
    Just talked to my daughter...they're staying.
    She "LoL" me, said the news said it would be a cat 3 when it got to Fla.
    .....i told her to write their social security numbers on their upper arms in permanent marker.
    ...kids! Uggggh!

people are just stubborn look what happened to Houston when the people didn't leave
    AlienLifeForm and Msbeepbeep like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    23636 times
    Same here, prepping and waiting to see where storm is headed. If it hits close to cuba the mountains there will tear it up some and could reduce it to a cat 2. They just don't know when it will turn and where it will go. In 2004, people from Tampa evacuated to Orlando because Charlie was suppose to hit Tampa and instead it turned and made a beeline for Orlando and they got stuck here when Tampa was spared. Roads were blocked, power lines down, no gas. I have been through many hurricanes and several Typhoons. I will ride out a CAT1-2, maybe a 3 depending where eye is forcast, anything about that I'm headed for the hills.

Category 1: Winds range from 74 to 95 mph and can be expected to produce some minor damage to property. Injuries to people and animals are generally isolated and limited to flying or falling debris. During a Category 1 storm, protected glass windows generally remain intact. Some roof damage to frame homes, apartments, and shopping centers can also occur, as well as short-term power outages due to snapped power lines and downed trees.

Category 2: Winds range from 96 to 110 mph and can be expected to produce extensive property damage. Greater wind velocities mean that debris poses a greater threat to humans and animals, while the roofing, siding, and glass windows (protected and unprotected) of frame homes are more vulnerable to damage. In a Category 2 storm, significant structural damage to apartment buildings, mobile homes, and shopping centers is also expected, as well as flooding in low-lying areas. Extensive power outages ranging from a few days to a few weeks are common, and residents are encouraged to stock up on potable water as filtration systems also fail during this time.

Category 3: Winds ranging from 111 to 130 mph cause significant damage to property, humans, and animals. Mobile and poorly constructed frame homes are often destroyed, and even well-built frame homes commonly sustain major damage. Significant damage to apartments and shopping centers (even those made of wood or steel) can be expected. Category 3 storms can also cause extensive inland flooding. Electricity and water are commonly unavailable for several days to several weeks after the storm, therefore it’s important for residents to have their own stores of canned food and water.

Category 4: Winds range from 311 to 155 mph and can cause catastrophic damage to property, humans, and animals. Severe structural damage to frame homes, apartments, and shopping centers should be expected. Category 4 hurricanes often include long-term power outages and water shortages lasting from a few weeks to a few months, so again, it’s important for any remaining residents to have a significant nonperishable food and water supply at hand.

Category 5: Winds at or greater than 155 mph cause catastrophic damage to property, humans, and animals (read: you should be nowhere near this storm!). Complete or almost-complete destruction of mobile homes, frame homes, apartments, and shopping centers should be expected, and nearly all trees in the area will be snapped or uprooted. Power outages can last for weeks and possibly months. Long-term water shortages should be expected as well, and most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks or months.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Sep 06, 2017 at 10:03 AM.
    ECS likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    5850 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Wasn't Wilma a Cat 1, when she turned and refueled over the Everglades?
    Wind monitor in Belleglade, down the street from Sis-n-laws house registered 185 wind.
    Me and the Mr held up our western wall, for over an hour, and never said a word.......

IF WE'RE IN THE CONE, WE'RE GONE!
    diggummup likes this.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    23636 times
    Wilma was a cat 5, but came ashore as a cat 3....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hurricane Wilma.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	299.2 KB 
ID:	1491331

Quote Originally Posted by pat-tekker-cat View Post
    Wasn't Wilma a Cat 1, when she turned and refueled over the Everglades?
    Wind monitor in Belleglade, down the street from Sis-n-laws house registered 185 wind.
    Me and the Mr held up our western wall, for over an hour, and never said a word.......

IF WE'RE IN THE CONE, WE'RE GONE!
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

us
    Jun 2017
    A2 Michigan
    Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Headphones, Sun Joe Hori Hori, CMS magnetics, the rest is just mil surplus.
    442 times
    Whatever you do to be spiritual do it for the folks returning from Harvey and now for the folks in the path of Irma, raise up your goblet with the pirate crest upon it.

On the kind of dark swing side, I will be interested to see what the Poseidon gives back from the depths after he takes it away from others.
    Last edited by P.ALLEN; Sep 06, 2017 at 12:07 PM.
    Dum spiro spero

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    11027 times
    I'd be ready to sprint ,and obviously would need to be restrained by now to not be hundreds of miles north of the keys. Or farther.

Stood on the Naples pier long ago and considered how Donna swatted it.
    That pier was swatted at least four times over it's varied lives, but I knew I was not tougher than it.

Call me chicken but there is no desire in me to be a bug swatted by a shoe heel and then left in a flooded debris field.
    Were I to jump the gun too early and find out I could have stayed, so be it.

Not the hurricane but the level of it. 3 and up is a manic fury best side stepped if at all possible.

Current prediction has Miami taking it on the chin ,followed by an East coast slide .
    Msbeepbeep likes this.

Charter Member

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... Deteknix Xpointer Diver.... Fisher F19
    21809 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    one Screw-up from Scott imo

He said Call Your schools to see if you have off ?

I would have said "Consider your Schools Closed" ! & order it immediately.

Other then that Sounds like they are prepared for war

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    1963 times
    Ready in Connecticut.
    Blak bart likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    8247 times
    Then there's going to be all those displaced "critters"
    ....food delivery!

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    7831 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Most of the "native" Florida critters have a sense of what's coming and as all the TV weathermen advise, HUNKER DOWN!
    Msbeepbeep and Truth1253 like this.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    8247 times
    Maybe the non-native ones are in for a surprise!

ECS likes this.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    7376 times
    Pat, ya'll better hit the road. They ordered a mandatory evacuation for us here in Broward county east of US 1 starting tomorrow. My brother is on the road now heading to my uncles house in St. Cloud. He said it's bumper to bumper. 3 hour trip has taken over 5 hours so far and still counting. From there they are heading to Ga. tomorrow.

Myself, I can't do anything until I refuel my truck because I burned out 3/4 of a tank since yesterday morning working. I refuse to sit in a gas line for hours though. 9 out of 10 stations are out of gas. People are sitting at empty stations waiting on fuel trucks to show up. It's ridiculous. I plan on searching around 3 am for fuel. If that don't work, I'll siphon it out of the wife's SUV, lol. Then I'll decide whether or not to leave tomorrow evening after I see the latest forecast track. It's gonna be a bottleneck heading north regardless.

Good luck out there everyone! Be safe!

us
    Jan 2010
    DFW Texas
    Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
    2172 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    Pat, ya'll better hit the road. They ordered a mandatory evacuation for us here in Broward county east of US 1 starting tomorrow. My brother is on the road now heading to my uncles house in St. Cloud. He said it's bumper to bumper. 3 hour trip has taken over 5 hours so far and still counting. From there they are heading to Ga. tomorrow.

Myself, I can't do anything until I refuel my truck because I burned out 3/4 of a tank since yesterday morning working. I refuse to sit in a gas line for hours though. 9 out of 10 stations are out of gas. People are sitting at empty stations waiting on fuel trucks to show up. It's ridiculous. I plan on searching around 3 am for fuel. If that don't work, I'll siphon it out of the wife's SUV, lol. Then I'll decide whether or not to leave tomorrow evening after I see the latest forecast track. It's gonna be a bottleneck heading north regardless.

Good luck out there everyone! Be safe!
    Your gas situation is exactly where ours was last week. Some stations are still flat out of gas - it sucks!
    ChampFerguson/TN likes this.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links