Irma now a Cat 5...

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Brother and his wife are near Winter Haven Florida in a mobile home park. Family was trying to fly them out but that didn't materialize due to half ask dilly dallying , now he's stuck there but so are most of his neighbors. They are preparing best they can. They have good neighbors which seem to stick together and help each other. I guess the whole state can't just up and leave. I hope they survive it with little damage.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish we could just pull the plug on Irma. It will be nothing short of a miracle that this isn't a total disaster.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been trying to figure that out too.
What causes a Hurricane ?

The low pressure center is what causes the hurricane to form and grow.

so all they need do is find a way to Raise the Pressure. Right ?

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
My Brother and his wife are near Winter Haven Florida in a mobile home park. Family was trying to fly them out but that didn't materialize due to half ask dilly dallying , now he's stuck there but so are most of his neighbors. They are preparing best they can. They have good neighbors which seem to stick together and help each other. I guess the whole state can't just up and leave. I hope they survive it with little damage.

just spoke to my people there, one summers here north,hopes trailer is still there
said it made through andrew, the 2 said they are on the road north today, say
they should be in Tn late tonite early fri morn
hotels on way north are booking up, fla gov says expedia is on it

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm about 35mi east of you (Astor) and no water here either. I'm all gassed up tho and may head north when I get a better grip on the path of the storm. Taking the detectors of course.
There are some advised warnings that the St Johns River may overflow its banks in some counties.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like a prayer request. I'm down with that.:icon_thumright:

My younger brother is on the middle left coast. He went to work today and his boss told him he should of bugged out yesterday. I think my brother is stubborn enough to stay. It is out of my hands, that's for sure.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was having the same thought, can we drop dry ice ln it? Something...anything!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very scared, and i'm not there!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miami, Interstate 95 and Fl turnpike, all traffic headed north including south bound lanes.

5c4901db6f2e2b6779d073175baaab8c.jpg

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The 11:00PM projection now show Irma going up the center of the state, Orlando, Disneyworld, the Villages, Ocala/Silver Springs (Oh NO!), Gainesville (How about them Gators)...
In addition to the wind snapping trees and tossing all sorts of projectiles, when the ground gets saturated, old oak trees get uprooted and just fall, many times crashing into homes with these trees in their yards- I have one in my front yard, and another on my neighbors property line in my back yard.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miami, Interstate 95 and Fl turnpike, all traffic headed north including south bound lanes.

5c4901db6f2e2b6779d073175baaab8c.jpg

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Not me brother !!! My family is in winterhaven, and left yesterday morn. They went to an empty lego land today and rode the rides by themselves !! I evacuated 1 1/2 blocks over to the "vault". Its a 2 story reinforced concrete bunker of a house. The lot it is on is 15 feet above sea level and the 2nd floor is 25. All the emergency vehicles are prestaged here. This house is built for it. Just me the cat and my neighbor. We were given permission to hunker down here by the owner who's a friend of both of ours. This will be much better than being stranded miles from my home for god knows how long. Ill take my chances on the highest part of key largo in a shelter that was designed for this with my valuables, weapons, supplies and survival gear with me.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made it out! Only took 11hours.
Went 27 to 98, then 19 on into Ga.
Sisnlaw & mil left Belleglade 9:30 this morning, I left Ft Laud at noon.
I finally caught them at the Waffle House in Thomasville. We're exhausted.

Prayers for all.....

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made it out! Only took 11hours.
Went 27 to 98, then 19 on into Ga.
Sisnlaw & mil left Belleglade 9:30 this morning, I left Ft Laud at noon.
I finally caught them at the Waffle House in Thomasville. We're exhausted.

Prayers for all.....

Good to hear you made it out, at this point I can't believe anyone without a bunker, water, food, and fuel is staying put.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Talking with a few folks yesterday about Irma, all agreed when somebody stated the following.

"We might get winter, our seasons are short, but having not to deal with things like this makes our little part of the world wonderful."

Be safe everyone, hope that this weekend passes with little damage and she blows right through for you all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread