Lose 100 lbs. Gain a 1/4 ounce

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A few years back I was in sorry shape. I had foot reconstruction and struggled to walk. I weighed in at 346 lbs. Today I am mining at least once a week and feel better than I have in 25 years. This morning I weighed in at 249 lbs. A few more pounds needed to shatter the 100 lb barrier. Along the way the gold has been adding up. I am just a few trips from hitting my first 1/4 ounce. I will let you guys know when I break the mark of both 100 lbs and 1/4 of an ounce. I would like to thank Hangtowndiggins and Goldwasher for getting my fat butt off the couch and into the yellow. I would also like to thank all the members who I have mined with. You guys are awesome!

Upvote 0

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! You sure have more motivation than I do, I have a $500 Trek bike in my garage that I've only ridden twice. :BangHead:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a great guy to dig with Bill and great campfire conversation as well. Wish I had weekends of so I could dig with you and John more often.

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man AuFisher, Congrats ! Those are Both big #'s....

I had a somewhat similar situation, only different result's...
It's been 3 Yrs now, but I broke my Ankle & my Heel, fairly well actually... (jumped off a 1 story roof, don't ask)
I spent 4-5 Mos on crutches, and then 2-3 months phys therapy. I will never forget my first day of phys therapy, I fell over trying to take my first step...
Was way too eazy to get lazy and sit on the couch. But, for me that meant losing weight, as I was not nearly as active as I needed to be. Kind of unhealthy.....

Finally decided last year I Had to get out of the house and do Something ! That is the only exercise I have ever enjoyed...Just decided I'd go to Big 5 and get a gold pan and see what I could do... Now, I am prospecting, Hiking, Camping and fishing again....Started out going alone, now have brother interested & have meet some really great people through TNet !

Good luck everyone, get out & find lot's of AU, as often as possible....

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats AU! Losing weight while finding gold is a true win win! Your more then welcome, thank you too for all the great times and fun company as always! Get ready for tomorrow.. A solid day of diggin in the sun and few pickers later might just be time to call for proper celebration... Round Table and Coors on Aufisher for everyone! lol Can't wait :occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ha! You called it buddy! A weight loss buffet celebration is in order oxymoron and all! Got this gut feeling were gonna get some nice ones tomorrow. Gotta burn off a few more pounds anyway!

Last edited:

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol oxymoron for sure but at least will be well deserved! As long as you don't have one too many and spill your gold it will be all good!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol oxymoron for sure but at least will be well deserved! As long as you don't have one too many and spill your gold it will be all good!
Don't want to lose any of that weight!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A few years back I was in sorry shape. I had foot reconstruction and struggled to walk. I weighed in at 346 lbs. Today I am mining at least once a week and feel better than I have in 25 years. This morning I weighed in at 249 lbs. A few more pounds needed to shatter the 100 lb barrier. Along the way the gold has been adding up. I am just a few trips from hitting my first 1/4 ounce. I will let you guys know when I break the mark of both 100 lbs and 1/4 of an ounce. I would like to thank Hangtowndiggins and Goldwasher for getting my fat butt off the couch and into the yellow. I would also like to thank all the members who I have mined with. You guys are awesome!

Many congratulations!

The only problem is that while you're out losing weight chasing the gold, you might put on way more weight than a quarter of an ounce before you realize it!

What will happen if an ounce nugget pops up?

What will you do if it's two or three ounces of flakes, pickers, and nuggets? Will you have to go on a crash diet and send me the extra gold over and above the quarter ounce threshold?

Don't get me wrong as I'd be glad to help lift your burden, but I'm just trying to prepare you for the eventuality that one day you might have to wrestle with the reality of being overweight when it comes to the gold.

All the best,

Lanny

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a great guy to dig with Bill and great campfire conversation as well. Wish I had weekends of so I could dig with you and John more often.

Goldwasher we wish we could dig with you more often too as I'm sure our good times, knowledge and gold take would more then double..
Alewis, sorry it's last minute but your more then welcome to join us tomorrow if you can..

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With a mentor like you Lanny I bet you're right!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many congrats to you AU. I have a minimum of 50 lbs (should be 70) to lose and what little prospecting I have done, I can tell you one thing. I would much rather have that weight in my backback then on my belly. It makes life and living dammed difficult. Thanks for making me feel better about my weight loss goal. I was supposed to start Monday morning but Karen made homemade banana nut raisin bread and well, didn't want to hurt her feelings:laughing7:

Good luck to all going this weekend. Sorry I couldn't make it for the TN weekend but I won't rule out a solo trip for me "down South" sometime. :thumbsup:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With all that hiking and shoveling your doing your getting lean and mean. A few more pounds shed and that gold is really gonna get it......

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reminds me of that hunting joke. Dude hires an outfitter for an elk hunt. They go out first day and walk all over hell and tarnation, up and down every hill and mountain as far as they can see. At the campfire that night, the dude is complaining about all the walking. The outfitter says, hey, I promised I would walk the fat off of you. The dude looks him square in the eye, and tells him, yeah, but you didn't say you were going to do it all in ONE DAY!!!

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup...no need for Richard Simons sweetin to the oldies.......:hello2:

Now THAT would be a sight.... Richard Simmons pigging out on SWEETS while SWEATIN' to the oldies.

Congrats Au. Sometimes losing is better than winning.

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrat's on the weight lose. Such agreat way to get in shape, what other exercise gives you a chance at pulling out a lunker.
Happy Day-Happy Hunting!!

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats are do for sure.
My wife has to keep a battle going with her weight all the time since she is border line diabetic and controls it through diet alone.
Weight is a hard struggle to contend with.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im re-posting a qoute ive said before, gold digging and sluicing is my excersize with an incentive.:laughing7: I hate stinky crowded gyms. Fresh air, rocky trails, cool rivers, heavy buckets, and sunny gold is in my golds gym. Viva la oro!:3coins:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread