John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Today's Desert Prospecting Adventure

Dug up some rich pay dirt and also my gemini went off like a son of a gun. So I'm down to 3.5 feet and the gemini is screaming and I put the tesoro in there and that went bananas as well... so I brought home 10, 5 gallon buckets in my truck of paydirt to run this week.

Here I'am on my dig.

20140615_121217_copy.jpg

20140615_142122_copy.jpg

20140615_142107.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is such rich ground John. How are you processing? Are you classifying on site and running those buckets at home? Recirc sluice? You must be hitting pay streaks because if you not...holy cow. Sounds like your saying you are finding those concentrations with your detectors then cherry picking them. Is that why you are avoiding the black sands? Interesting how it all looks to be the same size gold. I wonder how far it is from the source. This obviously a placer deposit. You mentioned in another post hi grade ore you wanted to process. Is this the same claim. Keep at it and keep showing that us the color from what your saying you have one of the smallest and richest operations even working right now:thumbsup:

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Goldwasher. Sometimes I classify on site and other times I shovel everything into the buckets. I have a recirculation sluice made by keene. This is a 40 acre claim is in Arizona's 113,998 sq miles. The ground out here is soaked with a lot of rich placer deposits. I have a small detector made by Falcon for detecting fines. I find a lot of nuggets around the brush with the Lobo. I dig the brush out and shake the roots out into a bucket. I dig down in the root hole and find a lot of fines and nuggets. I use the Gemini 3 to detect underground ore veins and large ore pockets. I use the Tesoro Lobo Supertraq for nuggs, it has been a good detector for me. The area out here is predominantly away from being worked. I have found some old Spanish symbols, but other than that... The area is really good ground.

Last edited:
OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a wheel barrel load of fines to run now, it has all been classified. Also, grinding the fines up in a cement mixer with 5 ends off sledge hammers. I'm drawing plans for a huge recirculating sluice (I will be having the local sheet metal shop build) to run in my garage at home, and a new type of classifying system never seen before.

Last edited:

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
Thanks for the photo's and sharing the adventure John. I was wondering if You know of any claims for sale or lease in Your area. I gave up my claims in Wickenburg and my Nevada claims have not panned out to well. I currently live near Surprise but would consider claims anywhere in Arizona. I have lots of equipment including a new age trommel, detectors, recir. highbankers and 2 drywashers etc, i'm ready to get working a claim maybe even full time. Let me know if anything Your way is available, Thanks John B.

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the photo's and sharing the adventure John. I was wondering if You know of any claims for sale or lease in Your area. I gave up my claims in Wickenburg and my Nevada claims have not panned out to well. I currently live near Surprise but would consider claims anywhere in Arizona. I have lots of equipment including a new age trommel, detectors, recir. highbankers and 2 drywashers etc, i'm ready to get working a claim maybe even full time. Let me know if anything Your way is available, Thanks John B.

You can look at these sites... Also, you can visit the BLM Office and find out what claims weren't renewed

http://minelistings.com/mines-and-claims-for-sale

http://advancedgeologic.com/AGE/Gold_Exploration/Gold_Claims/Placer_Claim_List.html

http://www.arizonaminingclaims.com

http://www.goldoutwest.com

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
John

I would be careful about giving any general or specific areas where your claim may reside. There are plenty of bushwackers out these days. JMHO

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's a sample of the gold in this piece, you can see how dense it is. This piece is 2" x 3'. I kept the flash off so you can see the color better.

20140618_161803.jpg

20140618_161809.jpg

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John

I would be careful about giving any general or specific areas where your claim may reside. There are plenty of bushwackers out these days. JMHO

I don't give the location of my claim, it's somewhere in the 113,998 sq miles of Arizona

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same sample, but... with flash on.

20140618_161820.jpg

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You showed me yours, I'll show you mine. I have to upload the pics of it broken open. The results are interesting to say the least. VERY interesting coloration.

Attachments

• pics 004 (480x640).jpg
    pics 004 (480x640).jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 133

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You showed me yours, I'll show you mine. I have to upload the pics of it broken open. The results are interesting to say the least. VERY interesting coloration.

You are right...That is interesting, to say the least...

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

that's a real good look'n beaut there!!

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John,

Stole the patch cord from the wife for a few. Here ya go. Can you tell me what caught my eye?:laughing7:

Attachments

• 06182014rock 008.jpg
    06182014rock 008.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 160
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread