Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    us
    Jan 2005
    Great Falls, Montana
    White's DFX & a Sunray probe
    2 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: OMG, Look what I just found!! Updated...necklace returned

That must have been a great feeling for you, Judie...to return it to her!

I hope you dig a bigger one someday to keep!

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Aug 2007
    NJ
    EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
    13 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Very proud to call you friend RR...ya done did great... great karma comming your way girl... hugs to ya
    Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor  in the morning, satan shudders and says, OH CHIT, SHE'S AWAKE.

us
    Mar 2007
    Kerrville, TX
    White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
    3 times

RR,

You did good...no doubt in my mind that there's a far richer reward for you UP THERE at the Pearly Gates for your good deed.
    Hugs,
    Mel

borninok
    To conquer your flaws, you must first accept them.

Nov 2007
    1 times

The best part of this story, is the good will it generates. Even though this was not a find with a machine, it still involves a metal detectorist in the hobby. ANY positive story about us metal detectorists, can only generate good will. While I have not heard very many negative stories about metal detectorists, its always the negative ones that get the most attention.

I think every chance we get to promote ourselves positively only benifits all of us. Most of the finds we come up with are pretty much non-returnable. But when I get a chance( so far not been able to) to return something, I am going to do just that. I am looking to build good will in this area for detectorists. There has only been one instance here I know of, that was negative, and it wasnt the detectorists fault. He wasnt doing anything illegal. He was hunting a local tot-lot (which has been done many times), when a lady came running from a house across the street, yelling at him to stop it. When she got close, she continued her ti-rade and told the man to leave before she called the cops. Said he could not detect or dig there. Seeing her rage, and she was enraged, he thought diplomacy the better path, and excused himself and left. I talked to him later at a gas station, and he recalled the story to me. Told me he decided it best to leave rather than risk the law comeing around, even if he wasnt in the wrong.

What he didnt know, was that the lady called the law anyway. The next day my family and I went to a family holiday gathering. My brother in law wanted to know if I was the ones the cops were sent to check out at a local tot-lot. I said no, but told him about the story the friend related to me. My brother in law heard on scanner that cops did show up, and they reported a detectorist with a bad attitude displayed towards a lady. I did not believe it for a second, as I know the detectorist friend would never do that. He doesnt have it in him. I dont think the cops took the ladies story at full face value either.My policy, and local detectorists friends here, is diplomacy is best policy. Its the best generator of good will, next to returning items, or giveing items to land owner.

So RR, I do thank you, and commend you on being able to return the necklace. Its a service to us all.

us
    Oct 2007
    Tn
    Garrett GTA500
    1 times

RR,
    You did a very good deed. And no good deed goes unrewarded. Imho.
    Tennessee Joe
    Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble ...Job CH. 14

us
    If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough!!!

Dec 2007
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
    Minelab and Aquapulse
    35 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (1)

It's nice to know there are still good people out there.
    Of all the things I've lost... I miss my mind the most!!!

Charter Member

May 2005
    68 times

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cooltext76466224.jpg 
Views:	1245 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	177453

us
    CS IS NEXT

Nov 2005
    MARYLAND
    Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
    30 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

That's Great RR.....The MDing' God's will be watching over you soon.....Great story and return.HH!!

us
    Dec 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
    2 times

What a wonderful woman you are, RR! I love happy endings. Do you own any arrowheads?
    ...Wait a minute....just slow down.... you're gonna miss this....you're gonna want this back.....

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    1270 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I want to thank you for all the nice words & gestures. Finding this necklace and returning it to it's rightful owner...well, it was just the right thing to do. I would want someone to do the same if I lost something valuable. I did tell the lady & her husband about metal detecting and some of the awesome jewelry that everyone finds...that's everyone else, not me. I may had done a good deed, but it makes my heart proud.

RR

Way to go RR!!!
    Wonderful story. You're the BEST!!!
    -MM-
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Oldest U.S.copper-1847 Large cent *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button *Eagle Sword Belt Plate

Jun 2007
    Lebanon, Ohio
    Whites DFX
    5 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

You are my hero RR

us
    Oct 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Minelab Xterra 705
    4 times
    Metal Detecting

How many hobbies get you a warm fuzzy like that? !!

Charter Member
    us
    Please leave a ring after the beep!

Sep 2004
    Aiken, SC
    Ace 250
    18 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

WTG Judie!! You make me proud to be a lady detectorist !! Keep up the great work!

HH,
    Moon
    Even the mightiest Oak in the forest is just a little nut that held it's ground!!

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    19 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Judie...

us
    Aug 2005
    NH
    4 times

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	judie.jpg 
Views:	1064 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	177962  
    When you get into a tight place and everything goes against
    you till it seems you could not hold on a minute longer,
    never give up then for that is just the place and time that
    the tide will turn.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Judy, Judy, Judy!!!!!! WoW! Girl! What a find! And so sweet of you to return it to it's owner! I know you made her day! Would have mine! You did good and I know you feel good about it too!

Nana

Jun 2007
    Treasure baron with Goldtrax

Re: OMG, Look what I just found!! Update...necklace returned

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat
    Here's the update...to make a long story short. Through word of mouth, necklace lost; necklace found...the owner found me at the wedding reception. Nancy was in charge of the floral decorations at the hall and the church, with everyone running last minute details, we missed each other. But, Nancy was not someone I knew, she was a friend of the bride's mother. She told me her necklace was drooping down and getting tangled in the hanging ferns as she was unloading. She took it off and put in her jacket pocket and forgot about it. She thinks when she left the hall to head to the church, with her jacket now taken off, draped on her arm and throwing the jacket in the backseat is when it fell out onto the pavement.

I don't know who was more happier her or the bride. She had tears welling in her eyes when I handed it over. This necklace means a lot to her, it was given to her by her husband for their 25th wedding anniversary. Her hugs and thank yous was all I needed.

RR

way to go big respect
    Silver is Nice
    But Gold Is Better

copyright strike it rich 2007

us
    Dec 2007

Hay that's the one i lost, gust kidding i wanted to ask do you have a kid that plays a instrument i am trying to get a band together.

us
    Apr 2006
    Southwest Sunny Florida

That necklace is so pretty. I love it. Nice of you to return it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors