Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    au
    Jan 2008
    Australia
    Ace 250, Whites PI Surf

Re: OMG, Look what I just found!!

Nice find, hope you get to keep it!
    Just one more hole...Then I'll go home!

us
    DFCA

Dec 2006
    Kansas
    Minelab E-trac
    20 times
    Banner Finds (1)

now that, is truly a beautiful necklace.
    great find, congrats

May 2005
    19 times

RR,

have a good un.......
    SHERMANVILLE
    In the academies many books, at the circus many sacks of peanuts, at the club rooms many cigar butts.

us
    Dec 2006
    upstate N.Y.
    Fisher cz-20/minelab explorer xs
    52 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Very cool ! Congrats !

us
    Apr 2006
    Michigan
    2 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Stunning and beautiful find RR!!!
    Wow, big time congrats to you!!

Smiles!
    BDoo
    "I'm a finder, not a loser!"

RR,
    What a BEAUTY!!!
    Congrats to you,
    MM
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    1350 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: OMG, Look what I just found!! Update...necklace returned

Here's the update...to make a long story short. Through word of mouth, necklace lost; necklace found...the owner found me at the wedding reception. Nancy was in charge of the floral decorations at the hall and the church, with everyone running last minute details, we missed each other. But, Nancy was not someone I knew, she was a friend of the bride's mother. She told me her necklace was drooping down and getting tangled in the hanging ferns as she was unloading. She took it off and put in her jacket pocket and forgot about it. She thinks when she left the hall to head to the church, with her jacket now taken off, draped on her arm and throwing the jacket in the backseat is when it fell out onto the pavement.

I don't know who was more happier her or the bride. She had tears welling in her eyes when I handed it over. This necklace means a lot to her, it was given to her by her husband for their 25th wedding anniversary. Her hugs and thank yous was all I needed.

RR

us
    Looking for that ONE find.

Nov 2005
    South Central Kansas
    Etrac
    73 times

Re: OMG, Look what I just found!! Updated...necklace returned

Your the greatest RR. But I knew that your part of the Rowdy Gang.
    Burdie

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    733 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

you did good RR -----note my fell out of car or purse / pocket* remark -- under my original post I had a feeling that was it since the chain was "unbroken". --- you did a very good deed --- much plus karma coming your way--- Ivan

us
    May 2005
    Everywhere
    Minelab E-Trac

I see Seated Liberty in your near future!!

us
    Jan 2005
    Great Falls, Montana
    White's DFX & a Sunray probe
    2 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

That must have been a great feeling for you, Judie...to return it to her!

I hope you dig a bigger one someday to keep!

us
    Aug 2007
    NJ
    EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
    103 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Very proud to call you friend RR...ya done did great... great karma comming your way girl... hugs to ya
    Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor  in the morning, satan shudders and says, OH CHIT, SHE'S AWAKE.

us
    Mar 2007
    Kerrville, TX
    White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
    3 times

RR,

You did good...no doubt in my mind that there's a far richer reward for you UP THERE at the Pearly Gates for your good deed.
    Hugs,
    Mel

borninok
    To conquer your flaws, you must first accept them.

Nov 2007
    1 times

The best part of this story, is the good will it generates. Even though this was not a find with a machine, it still involves a metal detectorist in the hobby. ANY positive story about us metal detectorists, can only generate good will. While I have not heard very many negative stories about metal detectorists, its always the negative ones that get the most attention.

I think every chance we get to promote ourselves positively only benifits all of us. Most of the finds we come up with are pretty much non-returnable. But when I get a chance( so far not been able to) to return something, I am going to do just that. I am looking to build good will in this area for detectorists. There has only been one instance here I know of, that was negative, and it wasnt the detectorists fault. He wasnt doing anything illegal. He was hunting a local tot-lot (which has been done many times), when a lady came running from a house across the street, yelling at him to stop it. When she got close, she continued her ti-rade and told the man to leave before she called the cops. Said he could not detect or dig there. Seeing her rage, and she was enraged, he thought diplomacy the better path, and excused himself and left. I talked to him later at a gas station, and he recalled the story to me. Told me he decided it best to leave rather than risk the law comeing around, even if he wasnt in the wrong.

What he didnt know, was that the lady called the law anyway. The next day my family and I went to a family holiday gathering. My brother in law wanted to know if I was the ones the cops were sent to check out at a local tot-lot. I said no, but told him about the story the friend related to me. My brother in law heard on scanner that cops did show up, and they reported a detectorist with a bad attitude displayed towards a lady. I did not believe it for a second, as I know the detectorist friend would never do that. He doesnt have it in him. I dont think the cops took the ladies story at full face value either.My policy, and local detectorists friends here, is diplomacy is best policy. Its the best generator of good will, next to returning items, or giveing items to land owner.

So RR, I do thank you, and commend you on being able to return the necklace. Its a service to us all.

us
    Oct 2007
    Tn
    Garrett GTA500
    1 times

RR,
    You did a very good deed. And no good deed goes unrewarded. Imho.
    Tennessee Joe
    Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble ...Job CH. 14

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors