PINTO CREEK - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 110
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: PINTO CREEK

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16

    Aug 2007
    1,585
    530 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: PINTO CREEK



    joe

    you spin a good story ..

    no assay report ,, no sample of the ore .. no location , same thing you tell me ..


  2. #17
    us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

    Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Modded SD2000 / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    6,592
    6850 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    Joe,

    I don't remember which book or interview right now, but I was under the impression that Waltz described two different veins in his pit mine;

    1. Was the famous 18" gold-in-quartz

    2. Was a soft gray tuffitic type rock with fine flour like gold.

    Any evidence of any such ore at the "Pit Mine"? I didn't see anything like it in the pictures you posted of the interior of that mine.

    I also remember that the Jewelry Ore tested minimally for Silver Content. That would be more indicative of a gold mine rather than a silver mine with a gold intrusion. The picture of the "Pit Ore" looks to contain a very large proportion of silver.

    I do agree with you that the miners were unlikely to have gone to all that trouble and risk for silver (unless it was like that at the Planchas de Plata in sheets of almost pure silver).

    Best-Mike
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

    ............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

  3. #18

    Dec 2005
    Arizona
    7,754
    5343 times

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    Mike,

    I am less sure than Thomas that the jewelry ore came from the LDM, and I'm not all that sure he is totally convinced. He tested what he could get that was said to have come from the LDM.

    I know that the rock in the dump is silver sulfides. Does that mean that a chimney of almost pure gold quartz could not have come up in the middle of the sulfides?

    From what I have read, the LDM is not all that normal. It was an unusual find, in an unusual place. Place might be defined as in the middle of a silver sulfide matrix.

    As I have said....many times, I don't know $#!t about rocks. Someone else will have to come up with the qualified guesses.

    I know something else that points to gold, like the LDM, coming from the pit mine. The picture is one thing, but there is something else that adds weight to that possibility.

    One last thing. I have been as open and honest in this story as possible. I have presented as much of the story as I possibly can, without naming names.
    Many will know exactly what those names are, but I will continue to skirt around that part of the facts.

    I believe I have made it clear where I am guessing, where I am quoting and where I am believing my sources. All that I have said is factual, is.

    Take care,

    Joe
    " Hell, I was there!" Elmer Keith
    "There is an ancient proverb that says a man can never forgive you for a wrong he has done you." From a wise friend.

  4. #19

    Aug 2007
    1,585
    530 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    yayayaya we herd it all before .. same as that crazy bowman joe your story is a camp fire story wheres the proff ....lol



    and sorry it is not that uncommon to see gold and silver ore side by side .. what real makes the mine rare is the purity and quality and ratio of gold to matrix...IMHO

    that plus the fact the tayopa tunnle is some 200 ft or 200 yards away .. would put to very larger deposits side by side ..no matter how they are layed out that in it self would be rare ..

    i have been researching this same topic over and over again and even knowing where the mine is .. i dont have clue why these deposits are like this .. i come up with a few theorys nothing solid yet ..

  5. #20
    us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

    Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Modded SD2000 / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    6,592
    6850 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    Joe,

    Any particular reason for being so uncertain?

    Mike
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

    ............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

  6. #21

    Dec 2005
    Arizona
    7,754
    5343 times

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    Quote Originally Posted by gollum
    Joe,

    Any particular reason for being so uncertain?

    Mike
    About what?

    Joe
    " Hell, I was there!" Elmer Keith
    "There is an ancient proverb that says a man can never forgive you for a wrong he has done you." From a wise friend.

  7. #22
    us
    Aug 2010
    Phoenix
    192
    4 times

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    Quote Originally Posted by cactusjumper
    Quote Originally Posted by gollum
    Joe,

    Any particular reason for being so uncertain?

    Mike
    About what?

    Joe
    "Shawshank Redemption" comes to mind here...
    Always one step ahead...

  8. #23

    Dec 2005
    Arizona
    7,754
    5343 times

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    " Hell, I was there!" Elmer Keith
    "There is an ancient proverb that says a man can never forgive you for a wrong he has done you." From a wise friend.

  9. #24
    us
    Feb 2006
    New Hampshire - USA
    Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
    2,822
    2246 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    Quote Originally Posted by cactusjumper
    Quote Originally Posted by gollum
    Joe,

    Any particular reason for being so uncertain?

    Mike
    About what?

    Joe
    I think Mike was referring to this Joe...

    I am less sure than Thomas that the jewelry ore came from the LDM
    "There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind" - Joseph Conrad (Nostromo)

  10. #25
    us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

    Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Modded SD2000 / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    6,592
    6850 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    Joe,

    Paul is correct. Sorry about that. Sometimes I just respond to posts as I read them, and forget to quote the original post.

    The more I look at that picture of the Pit Mine Ore, the more familiar it looks. HHHMMMMMMMM Now I'm gonna have to dig.

    Best-Mike
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

    ............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

  11. #26
    no
    Mar 2010
    Republic of Texas
    557
    1246 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    Wow!
    I have read and seen pics from the same topic on 'that other' website - but this is awesome!!
    A narrow gold-filled funnel in the middle of (otherwise) silver-deposits ... but ...
    What about Jacobs "no prospector/miner will ever find my mine" ? (I must admit - like Joe - that I know sh?!$ about rocks and minerals - but surely, if its a highly mineralized area and abundant in silver - how come no-one has stumbled upon it before??

    Just my 2c-worth ...

    and btw - BB
    You are asking for proofs (which you yourself sadly lack) - but you have ignored one _huge_ difference:
    You claim to have solved it all - know where the LDM is - Joe has made no such claim. He only says he _thinks_ he knows who found it. Now if you cannot see the difference here - I'm sorry for you.

    Per
    A furore Normannorum libera nos, Domine

  12. #27
    no
    Mar 2010
    Republic of Texas
    557
    1246 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    Quote Originally Posted by gollum
    Joe,

    Paul is correct. Sorry about that. Sometimes I just respond to posts as I read them, and forget to quote the original post.

    The more I look at that picture of the Pit Mine Ore, the more familiar it looks. HHHMMMMMMMM Now I'm gonna have to dig.

    Best-Mike
    *lol* Sorry Mike - I just cant help myself - but when you said you'd have to 'dig' I just collapsed here - maybe it was more picture-true than you actually intended!
    A furore Normannorum libera nos, Domine

  13. #28
    us
    Feb 2006
    New Hampshire - USA
    Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
    2,822
    2246 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    Per, you said...
    ...What about Jacobs "no prospector/miner will ever find my mine" ? (I must admit - like Joe - that I know sh?!$ about rocks and minerals - but surely, if its a highly mineralized area and abundant in silver - how come no-one has stumbled upon it before??...
    Per - You've so astutely nailed the first thing that came to my mind too when presented with the theory of this pit being THE LDM. In my opinion, if this IS/WAS the LDM, the only way I can justify that statement is that it was NOT one of the things Waltz really said.

    There's no other way the statement makes sense in my head although I often wonder if that statement is meant to imply that the mine cannot be discovered by panning the washes and working your way back to the source - in the case of this "pit" mine, would that be true of this place Joe?
    "There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind" - Joseph Conrad (Nostromo)

  14. #29

    Aug 2007
    1,585
    530 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    Quote Originally Posted by Loke
    Wow!
    I have read and seen pics from the same topic on 'that other' website - but this is awesome!!
    A narrow gold-filled funnel in the middle of (otherwise) silver-deposits ... but ...
    What about Jacobs "no prospector/miner will ever find my mine" ? (I must admit - like Joe - that I know sh?!$ about rocks and minerals - but surely, if its a highly mineralized area and abundant in silver - how come no-one has stumbled upon it before??

    Just my 2c-worth ...

    and btw - BB
    You are asking for proofs (which you yourself sadly lack) - but you have ignored one _huge_ difference:
    You claim to have solved it all - know where the LDM is - Joe has made no such claim. He only says he _thinks_ he knows who found it. Now if you cannot see the difference here - I'm sorry for you.

    Per
    i never once said i lack proff , i said i was waiting for the right time ..lol clearly not the saem thing ...

  15. #30
    no
    Mar 2010
    Republic of Texas
    557
    1246 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: PINTO CREEK

    @Javaone,
    I do apologize for my use of underscores; they are not meant to be instead of space, but I've still got it in my fingers that whatever is between two underscores will be underlined - and I always use the 'quick reply'-box and cannot for the life of me remember the 'code' for start/end underline - hence my use of underscores ...
    So ... it's all because of an ole man that can't remember sh!t *lol*
    A furore Normannorum libera nos, Domine

 

 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

gold in pinto creek

,
is there gold in pinto creek az
,
lost el dorado of jacob waltz by jack san felice
,
panning for gold on pinto creek
,
pinto creek arizona
,

pinto creek az gold

,

pinto creek gold

,
pinto creek placer gold
,
silver chief pioneer district
,

west pinto creek trail superstitions

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0