The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Others interpretations are interesting but I think were all a little narcissistic when it comes to interpreting the Stones. :laughing7:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you try reading the report itself?

Do yourself a favor and read affidavit II attached to the report, beginning on page 86 where he lists the MANY, MANY errors in the "Peralta land grant" and I will give just a FEW examples of that here:

Fr. Paver (Reavis misspelled as Paner) And ? Maybe he needed a logotherapy cure . and the Bishop of NM, Tameron could not have given testimony to the effect that they had "no interest" in the concession because they were, by law, prohibited from taking up land. Okay . We respect his decision .

"Por parte de Senor" is not correct Spanish, should be "Por Parte Del Senor"

"Fueron aprobodas" is not correct Spanish, should be "Que Fueron Aprobodas"

There is no such thing as "Fuero Tribunal" as labeled in the photo submitted. The photo can't be legalized and can't take it in consideration as evidence . The same for a not legalized printed copy . But , if the copy is legalized , must to be without mistakes , otherwise the responsibility for the mistakes will be taken from the person who legalized the document .

"In el servicio del Rey" is proper Spanish but is not a phrase used by the Spanish Monarchy. Absolutelly ? Or , a legalized copy from the Protocol of the King's Court which shows how this is contrary to the Court's rules .

"I, the minister, put the great seal of state" is not found in any documents of state or cedulas of the kings of Spain up to 1800. For everything exist a first time . He lived to see that .

The seal of the king had not been cast and was not in existence in 1748, nor 1772 or 1776. They had their rings .

President Santa Ana is not the person to authenticate any document.. that would be the duty of the archive keeper, the secretary of state, and their signatures done with the appropriate seals.' A legalized copy of the paragraph from the Constitution of Mexico which states this .

A bishop is addressed as "Su Senoria" not "Exmo." His problem .

There are just so many errors that Johnson gets exasperated at times, but he does have fun as when he said "apparently King Carlos III arose from the dead to give his signature," but my favorite is when he says "To retrograde 40 years is not as difficult a task as to make Ferdinand VI and Charles III and all the grandees and dons of Spain of the last century speak the cowboy Spanish of our day. The General Surveyor was not a teacher of Spanish philology . He didn't know about the Spanish dialects ( Galician , Catalan , Basque and Castilian ) which were mixed in the eighteenth century . He compared the Spanish words in the documents only with the Castilian dialect Napoleon said it, and Reavis accomplished it, the word impossible is not in his dictionary!" From what I saw , nothing is impossible .

A good lawyer would have run away from Reavis.

I don't care if Reavis was the legal owner of the Peralta land grant . The debate about this grant starts with the question :
Were the mines in the Superstitions Peralta's property ? Had they title from the King for this property ?
IMO , they had .
And again : Why in this difficult and dangerous region ? Why in this suspicious region of Jesuit activities and ancient treasures ? Exist a backstage ?

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't care if Reavis was the legal owner of the Peralta land grant . The debate about this grant starts with the question :
Were the mines in the Superstitions Peralta's property ? Had they title from the King for this property ?
IMO , they had .
And again : Why in this difficult and dangerous region ? Why in this suspicious region of Jesuit activities and ancient treasures ? Exist a backstage ?

Marius,

I understand that English is your second language, but I can't really make any sense out of most of your rebuttals.

For example, your response to the fact that a bishop is addressed as "Su Senoria" is to say that's "his problem." Whose problem? Reavis? The bishop? In the document a bishop was called "Exmo" which is a civil term of respect; e.g., something you'd use when addressing a governor, or a head of state, not a religious figure. This was a major blunder on the part of Reavis.

I don't care if Reavis was the legal owner of the Peralta land grant.

Reavis fabricated the "Peralta land grant" and went to jail for it.

Were the mines in the Superstitions Peralta's property ?

There is no record of this. If there is, please show me.

Had they title from the King for this property ? IMO, they had .

The problem with your assertion is that nothing in the archives at Seville indicate any sort of relationship between the Peraltas and the Spanish Royalty, much less any land grant. That was something Royal Johnson brought up in his report, and a major piece of evidence in indicting Reavis.

Why in this difficult and dangerous region ? Why in this suspicious region of Jesuit activities and ancient treasures ? Exist a backstage ?

Are you aware that this fictional "Peralta land grant" encompasses an area much bigger than the Superstitions? It stretched from Phoenix to Silver City, New Mexico.

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thought this was a treasure site, not a who is right or wrong site.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reavis' "Peralta Grant"...outlined in red.
Superstition Wilderness approximate boundaries...outlined in yellow.

Peralta Grant.png

Reavis in his "pinstripe suit"....:laughing7:

james_reavis-2.jpg

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thought this was a treasure site, not a who is right or wrong site.

Not "who" JA...but "who,what,where and when"

"people are reading far more things into them than necessary"

Which is why things sometimes tend to be a bit complicated. 8-)

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what if I was to say that the peralta stones location is relatively closer than you think, and that the priest map guides to both the peralta mines location and to the horse map across the salt river, but the thunder god is close by guarding the ldm... and not near the needle any of you think? When you get there, you will find the Thunder God aka Phoenix, the Chief with the Bear and Turtle. If you go, keep a look out for the Apache Black Legion (black bdu's), that like to crouch and hide in the sun. (I will elaborate on that another time and would explain a lot of things). Now we are tracking the trackers!

Last edited:

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what if I was to say that the peralta stones location is relatively closer than you think, and that the priest map guides to both the peralta mines location and to the horse map across the salt river, but the thunder god is close by guarding the ldm... and not near the needle any of you think? When you get there, you will also find the Thunder God aka Phoenix there, with the Bear and Turtle.

I would say how come we never had waffles and coffee?

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you and roadrunner are a team. my team don't seem to like you much. 'nuff said.

Your the one who made the offers of hiking and ore samples and when we took you up on the offer you basically slammed the door on us. There are several people on this forum who can vouch for my honesty and sincerity, and if I offended you by calling you on your claims then I apologize once again, but don't throw offers out that you are not willing to back up and get :censored: hurt when somebody takes you up on it.

I can honestly say I have met everybody in "my team", how many of "your team" have met you in person? This of course does not include any alter logins you may have :laughing7: I would think that you would at least try to prove your claims in person and RR and I could have helped you do just that. Then I would apologize for not believing your claims...........which to start, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but now its just more "look at my blurry pictures" and "take my word". Your word was "lets meet" and you broke that. So as far as I'm concerned your credibility is shot.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deducer

I know how don't exist any records to prove how the Superstitions were Peralta's property . The only documents , are ( if from some reasons were vanished ) in the Reavis evidence folder, in the archives of the Court where the trial was done .

Because you use the logic more than the evidence , can you answer to my question ?
From hundreds Spanish and Mexican nobles in all over the California , Arizona , New Mexico , etc. , why Reavis have chosen Miguel Peralta ?
Only an insane man ( Reavis was not because went to jail ) would start this petition without original documents . Had Royal A. Johnson a legalized document from Seville's archives which reports how didn't exist any document in relation with the Miguel de Peralta land grant ? If had I would like to see it .

To all

Knew Jacob Waltz about this title of property and this was the reason to not made a claim on the LDM ?

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Knew Jacob Waltz about this title of property and this was the reason to not claim the LDM ?"

Marius:

I and others have suggested this before. Since the Reavis claim and the fact that he was able to extort large amounts from several business entities was big news in Waltz's day, it IS possible IMO, that this PLUS his caches of ore in the mountains may have been two good reasons for his failing to file a claim. Also that by the time he would have been able to file, and it was safe to do so, he had already had his fill of prospecting and mining out there and was simply getting too old for the rigors involved.

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your the one who made the offers of hiking and ore samples and when we took you up on the offer you basically slammed the door on us. There are several people on this forum who can vouch for my honesty and sincerity, and if I offended you by calling you on your claims then I apologize once again, but don't throw offers out that you are not willing to back up and get :censored: hurt when somebody takes you up on it.

I can honestly say I have met everybody in "my team", how many of "your team" have met you in person? This of course does not include any alter logins you may have :laughing7: I would think that you would at least try to prove your claims in person and RR and I could have helped you do just that. Then I would apologize for not believing your claims...........which to start, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but now its just more "look at my blurry pictures" and "take my word". Your word was "lets meet" and you broke that. So as far as I'm concerned your credibility is shot.

I seen you in person and then I decided to slam the door on you. Besides, I don't give a fly f what you think lol

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Knew Jacob Waltz about this title of property and this was the reason to not claim the LDM ?"

Marius:

I and others have suggested this before. Since the Reavis claim and the fact that he was able to extort large amounts from several business entities was big news in Waltz's day, it IS possible IMO, that this PLUS his caches of ore in the mountains may have been two good reasons for his failing to file a claim. Also that by the time he would have been able to file, and it was safe to do so, he had already had his fill of prospecting and mining out there and was simply getting too old for the rigors involved.

Wayne

I agree . I believe how if Waltz was younger in 1890 , after the Reavis inability to obtain the Peralta's property , he would claimed the LDM and other mines in the Superstitions .

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen you in person and then I decided to slam the door on you. Besides, I don't give a fly f what you think lol

What you did not have the :censored: to introduce yourself? So where did this alleged sighting occur?

J of A anytime you want to have a chat face to face just let me know I'm more than willing to accommodate.

Last edited:

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's gonna be some more kids at the Banned Camp this summer if this keeps up.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And there ain't no cabins, canoes, crafts or kumbaya around the campfire at the "Banned Camp" ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread