9TH. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTERS RENDEZVOUS

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
first I heard of double jack?

all I have is questions and few answers...dang...

i'll leave the keys in the truck so I can leave fast...
after that episode in Belgium...arresting the pirate, luring him in with a movie deal...I suspect my arrival at the dons camp may lead to a burning at the stake or some dark mine shaft.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

The Don's Camp gate will be open Thursday afternoon, October 24th. for early arrivals. I will probably pick up a bucket of K-Fried. If anyone else wants to bring something, feel free to do so.

I will have stew and garlic toast made for around fifty people for Fri. night.......first come first serve until we run out. Probably start around 5-6:00. Wayne will make chili for Sat. night, same program. Donations will be welcome. We have been informed that SSAR BBQ Wagon will not be coming.

You should have your own food for all other meals. I don't know if anyone is bringing a BBQ, so if you plan on doing that it would be nice to have it announced here. Water, ice and firewood are usually needed.

If someone would post this message over on DUSA, as I am no longer allowed on that site, I would appreciate it. Believe there are some members who will be attending the Rendezvous.

Carolyn and I will arrive early evening on Thursday the 24th.

If needed, e-mail me at [email protected]

See you there,

Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Received this from Wayne this morning:

newreply.php
newreply.php
newreply.php
newreply.php
We are less than a week out from the Rendezvous and I wanted to put a reminder out. Guest speakers will be Saturday evening after sunset and everyone's finished with their meals. Anyone interested and has something they would want to share involving any research, stories, etc..just contact me and we can schedule you in. The multiple speakers have worked well for the past couple of years and gives us a little breathing room as peoples schedules and so forth can change up to the Rendezvous weekend.

We are at the Dons camp again, this is just off Peralta road, just off to the left before the Peralta trail head parking lot. We will have signage up to help direct you in if need be.

We will be having Stew on Friday and Chili on Saturday evenings respectively first come/first serve for about 50 people. Camping areas are first come/first serve as well. Remember no fires except in designated areas and/or contained devices as per regulations. No discharging of fire arms in the camp . Pets must be leashed and please haul out any trash that can't be burned. We are guests of the Dons and appreciate them allowing us to use the camp each year for the Rendezvous. They are contractually bound by their lease with the forestry service and we hope to continue as guests for years to come.

Our Saturday morning hike will take us up Cardiac Hill and down into Barks Canyon. We will take an easy pace and leave after breakfasts are wrapped up Saturday morning. The hike can change due to weather, etc,...but the outlook is good again this year for 3 great days over the weekend.

Gates will be opened up Thursday afternoon for the early out of town arrivals. There are restrooms, but no running water in the camp.

Remember the Rendezvous is about sharing the stories, research and history of the Superstition Mountains and an opportunity to do this in a positive atmosphere. Visit, share and welcome everyone as it is our Rendezvous to make a success as a whole.

I am looking forward again to seeing everyone and looking forward to another weekend among friends to share our common ground in our interest in the history of The Superstition Mountains.

Wayne/Zentull

See you all there,

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

These posts are from DUSA:

"There may be a person or two who may try to start problems with members of Double-Jack. We ask that if any of you have a problem with me or my crew to leave it home..We avoid large crowds because of threats we receive constantly from the forums, that is why we don't often post on the main pages." (Kurt)

Don't worry Kurt! I will drive out Friday night and stay till Saturday night. While I'm there, nobody will will mess with you. LOL (Mike)

"Mike, We will see you out there...Thanks for the offer, I was a bit more worried about the other guy, but we will take all the help we can get LOL." (Kurt)

Just to be clear, I will repeat this once again. It's the same message I have been posting since the first Rendezvous and everyone has respected the following:

Private wars and fights will be left at the gate of the Don's Camp. Anyone who plans on bringing trouble to the event, will be asked to leave. Anyone who thinks they will settle old scores.....STAY HOME!

The Rendezvous has become a great event for Dutch Hunters. They are bringing their wives and children with them. It's been eight straight years without any of the BS that occurs on these forums.

See you all there,

Joe Ribaudo

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all that emailed Double-Jack and asked us to show up....Double-Jack will be there Friday night for a few to see Mike M, and a few others.. We plan on hanging around Saturday for a few hours to visit....

Double-Jack
Kurt Painter

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pippin,
who are you talking to? Double-Jack left no mess anywhere....I snipped up my original reply pipp, so that is was a bit easier for you to read.

Kurt Painter

Last edited:

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Everybody, I just got off the phone with Tom and he and Bucky will be at the Rendezvous. Tom does not yet know which day it will be, i.e. Friday or Saturday but they will be there. Bucky says he is Ok with the rules. If anybody has questions why these rules are in place, you are most welcome to discuss them with me at the Rendezvous. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis, President of the Dons of Arizona.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
OK Everybody, I just got off the phone with Tom and he and Bucky will be at the Rendezvous. Tom does not yet know which day it will be, i.e. Friday or Saturday but they will be there. Bucky says he is Ok with the rules. If anybody has questions why these rules are in place, you are most welcome to discuss them with me at the Rendezvous. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis, President of the Dons of Arizona.

Greg,

Speaking of Tom Kollenborn, he wrote a very nice article in the A.J. News which included a great deal of the history of the Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous. Jack Carlson sent me a link to the article today. Tom told me he would be out Friday night.

Look forward to seeing you and everyone else.

Take care,

Joe

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
humor is a lost art.

Just hope it's not like the LDM, we may never find it again................................Drum rim shot....................Thank You I'll be here all week................don't forget to tip your waitress.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Was packing up for the trip home. Heard some shouting. 2 fellows were jumping off the mountain at Dons Camp. Attached some photos

image-1844741816.jpg

image-3712589301.jpg

image-900105164.jpg

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a sight. Thanks for the demo for panning also.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Will be joining the gpaa in a week or 2 then be up to your club.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Pretty cool photos Sarge! Thanks for posting them; hope others will post pix too. :icon_thumleft:

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well..sarge left out that I was the one yelling...I am standing there with sandy and ralph...just happen to look up and see a body falling off the cliff above the camp....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo: oh....chute pops....now everyone is looking for the source of the sound...I am pointing an screaming like a little girl...

just being honest...
the second base diver is the one sarge photographed{ great shot sarge}...
so the first jumper is 5th special forces...big respect for those guys..
anyway...had a great, wonderful time...just made it home safe...long night...75mph blow out on the last grade into verde valley...no problem..pull over, then the bs starts...seemed like every car passing by took a chance to crush me like a bug...
spent most of the night, spare makes it 2 miles further down the road..same thing...boom..not a slow leak type of failure...BOOM>
so...four tires sacrificed to the thunder gods...sandy also lost two tires coming in to camp...I loose two going home...guess the old Dutchman needed new tires for his ore wagon.

I met some fantastic people
{you know who you are}
a couple of snarky types...{ always someone eh?}...one, when I introduced my self, oh...your pippin...yep...and the he attempts to snort divisively out his nose, with a full mouth of beer...{served you right...na na na nanaaaa}
love to see beer come out others nose....kinda foamy huh?

while I may not believe in the Dutchman mine...I do believe some really wonderful and intelligent people attended this event.
so...thank you everyone who accepted me into the circles...especially joe....his wife is a saint.
and I am privileged to have met some really wonderful humans...refreshed my opinion about humanity in general.
thank you.

Last edited:

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well you did make it home.That's what counts. Great to finally meet you too.
Wife enjoyed your company and talk. I always have 2 spares on my truck because how fate likes to mess with me.
So does Murphy's law.
Will be in touch. My wife and I had a great time there and it was nice to meet everyone. Thanks to everyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread