9TH. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTERS RENDEZVOUS

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

One thing I do disagree with in your previous post:

This year I got face to face with Pippen White Paws (Donald Peterson) and Gollum (Mike McChesney), two people I have had contentious exchanges with in the past.

It looks to me like you took our disagreements more seriously than I did. If that's how I came across, I apologize. I had no idea. A difference of ideas (to me) is just that. A difference of ideas. There are a few people that I have had serious problems with: Bill Riley, John Kemm, Mike Garrison, and Blind Bowman. They are the only people who seemed like they wanted a turn at bat.

I always thought that we agreed on more than we disagreed. When you introduced me to Bob Corbin, I never thought there was anything serious between us. Like I said, if there was ever anything I said that sounded like more than a difference of opinion between us, I apologize. I guess working through these forums, you never know what (or whom) you're dealing with. I think I have said this before "I wear my heart on my sleeve." What you see is what you get, when you deal with me. No hidden agendas, no secret personality issues. I am very simple. With some of these idiots online, you need a vial of holy water and a priest! "THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" LOL I hope that since we met face to face, you will know that anything I tell you, please take it at face value. There is no reading between the lines!

Best - Mike

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Double-Jack will try to plan a visit with you all next year, so we know where to go...I guess we where in the wrong camp, we where wondering why everyone was staring at us like we where two stray sheep that had wondered into a Wolfs Den...

Kurt Painter

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems the preconceived notion of how one reads what is online gives us the assumption there is a hidden agenda, or that we place the wrong feelings or thoughts to a person. My experience at the rendezvous was quite pleasant, everybody was friendly and nobody was judgmental or condescending. I guess if you arrive with apprehension it would seem nobody is willing to talk but once you get your footing you will find it's like meeting old friends you have not seen in a long time.

I had some great conversations and hope to continue communicating with everyone, I was hoping to meet Double Jack and quite a few others, NP/DB included, but everyone has there reasons for not being able to attend. Hopefully next year more folks can make it...............................who knows, somebody may drop a gold bar or some ore on the table.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Double-Jack will try to plan a visit with you all next year, so we know where to go...I guess we where in the wrong camp, we where wondering why everyone was staring at us like we where two stray sheep that had wondered into a Wolfs Den...

Kurt Painter

Kurt,

I believe I may have some pictures of someone from your team standing on the edge of the camp, surrounded by many of the people who are regular attendees of the Rendezvous. You were talked to, and I was told you asked someone to point me out. They did, and I was sitting in the camp.

It would appear you were not very anxious to talk to me after all, as you did not take the ten or fifteen steps needed to introduce yourself. By the time I get everything done, just getting to the Rendezvous, I am pretty much done for the weekend. The chair becomes my good friend......for the most part.

You guys were a noisy lot up in your camp, and I understand you were having a great time throwing gasoline on your campfire. There was only one "camp" this year, and you were having too good of as time in your camp to come down and talk to the people who spent most of the weekend there. That was your loss.

You will be welcome again next year, and I hope you are a little more social. I would have been happy to talk to you, and if I make it next year it will be the same. I believe this is the group you talked to:

Everyone who is usually in the Upper Camp (Big Ramada) was in our camp for the weekend. It was really nice to be a single group again. Matthew Roberts brought his chair down and joined us. That has not happened for a number of years.
I was glad to see him in camp.

Would have liked to see you face to face. Maybe next year.

Joe Ribaudo

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe I was hoping that you would invite me into your camp....I never intrude, my Mother the Beautiful Lady that she is, taught me not to intrude...There was something that I was hoping to show you some day, maybe next year...I am sorry that you where tired by the time Badger and I showed up. Maybe next year Double- Jack will step up and do all the work for you Joe, that way you and your Beautiful Wife can spend more time...Double-Jack Loves to step up and help those who walked the trails years before any of us. That is Badger (Eric Glover) you see in the red shirt...I am some what hidden behind Badger...The two little kids you see standing there where Awesome they knew who we where and chatted us up..Thanks Kids...

Kurt Painter

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe I was hoping that you would invite me into your camp....I never intrude, my Mother the Beautiful Lady that she is, taught me not to intrude...There was something that I was hoping to show you some day, maybe next year...I am sorry that you where tired by the time Badger and I showed up. Maybe next year Double- Jack will step up and do all the work for you Joe, that way you and your Beautiful Wife can spend more time...Double-Jack Loves to step up and help those who walked the trails years before any of us. That is Badger (Eric Glover) you see in the red shirt...I am some what hidden behind Badger...The two little kids you see standing there where Awesome they knew who we where and chatted us up..Thanks Kids...

Kurt Painter

Kurt,

I appreciate the offer of help. I have many friends who step up and try to do whatever I need. Still, I do try to do as much as I can. I never come home unschathed.

I believe I told you that you would be welcome in camp. Didn't realize you would need a formal invitation to come down and say hello. We don't really stand too much on formalities at the Rendezvous.

I assumed that was one of your guys, as I didn't recognize him. I had all weekend to talk. Would have been happy to gab as long as you wanted to.

Next time,

Joe Ribaudo

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was my first time going to the rendezvous. I enjoyed the conversations and meeting and making new friends. I think it would be a good idea for everybody to wear name tags and maybe have a sign in book like at the trailheads. Chuck

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
It was my first time going to the rendezvous. I enjoyed the conversations and meeting and making new friends. I think it would be a good idea for everybody to wear name tags and maybe have a sign in book like at the trailheads. Chuck

I agree - name tags would be helpful, good idea! They did have a guest book last year, perhaps it was forgotten this year?

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well,this is the west. When people where out in the mountains, and desert, and came across a camp,knowing not the people in the camp, they would just yell out " Hello in the camp".
And then proceed to come in. At least that is what I do. And my first time at the redevous this year just walked up to the main tent and trailer and said Hello.

Whats with this upper and lower camp.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Well,this is the west. When people where out in the mountains, and desert, and came across a camp,knowing not the people in the camp, they would just yell out " Hello in the camp".
And then proceed to come in. At least that is what I do. And my first time at the redevous this year just walked up to the main tent and trailer and said Hello.

Whats with this upper and lower camp.

RR,

I hope it's old history now, and I promised an old friend I would let it rest.

Hope you enjoyed the Rendezvous and glad you made it.

Take care,

Joe

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For the short time I was there it was great meeting every one for the first time, and will be back longer next year.
Will camp for the week end this time.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone told me that the loud music playing until late and big campfire up in the parking area was DoubleJack - I wondered why they didn't come down and introduce themselves. Guess they did for a brief moment, but didn't make the rounds like everyone else does.

In the 7 years I've been to the Rendezvous, I've never heard ANYONE complain that they didn't feel welcome - even the very few who were "standoffish" or had bizarre stories or theories were always welcomed with a handshake.

Sounds a little like insecurity to me.

Oh well, none of us at the Rendezvous are in the same league as DoubleJack - it's good to be reminded of that.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Someone told me that the loud music playing until late and big campfire up in the parking area was DoubleJack - I wondered why they didn't come down and introduce themselves. Guess they did for a brief moment, but didn't make the rounds like everyone else does.

In the 7 years I've been to the Rendezvous, I've never heard ANYONE complain that they didn't feel welcome - even the very few who were "standoffish" or had bizarre stories or theories were always welcomed with a handshake.

Sounds a little like insecurity to me.

Oh well, none of us at the Rendezvous are in the same league as DoubleJack - it's good to be reminded of that.

Paul,

And here I was thinking that none of us were in the same league as NP. I guess everyone gets a shot at being the top dog.:dog:

It was good to have you in camp again.

Take care,

Joe

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paul Don't cry, As always your assumptions are wrong! There where no members of Double-Jack at the camp out....All Members where on a trip looking for a missing Brother....LMAO!!! HAHAHA Double-Jack seems to be everywhere,,Lol and we are. We are a growing group of men and women..The club does not disclose members names other than Eric Glover AKA (The Badger) and myself Kurt Painter AKA (Silent Hunter) founding members.... Joe we are very cautious as to where we set. Look at all the bullshit that people like Cubfan try and cause and Double-Jack was only on site for 20 min...Cubfan you may have said it best, when you said none of you are in the same league as Double-Jack....Look at what I write on DUSA 26,000 hits in just over a year..That is because we are real and what we do is fun and we have allot of fun first! We don't hang with men like you Cubfan. We support growth through adventure and truth. I am ashamed to even reply to you Cubfan....What A LO$^R

Kurt Painter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread