Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only apologize for not making it this year.
I hope yall had great time and yall arrived home safe and sound and richer for the experience!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANG! Looks like I left too early (about 4:30AM).

Best - Mike

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
The Rendezvous was created with the express purpose of bringing new and old Dutch Hunters together in one place to share their thoughts and experiences with each other. Many Newbies have attended and found the event to be an invaluable source in their own research.

Bringing old timers back into contact with old friends and partners has been a huge success. It continues each year.

This year I got face to face with Pippen White Paws (Donald Peterson) and Gollum (Mike McChesney), two people I have had contentious exchanges with in the past. As is usually the case, both men were totally different than the persona we see on the (Had to give up my computer to the fix-it man) sites.

Mike was like a big teddy-bear. Mellow and a pleasure to have in camp. Donald was polite and very knowledgeable. As his professor at NAU told me, he is a brilliant man. Both men would be welcome in my home......anytime.

I will have pictures on this forum later.

Joe Ribaudo

The promised teddy-bear:

I believe Mike would be welcome in any man's camp.

Last edited:

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel fortunate to have met some good people.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
rofl...thanks frank...and I am glad to have shared food with you also...

bill from the apache junction news spoke to me this morning...sure hope he doesn't put in the article that I stood there screaming like a little girl when I saw that body falling from the cliff...lol

THANKS RALPH...loved the steak...forgot to thank you in person...was too busy chewing up the good food.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I mentioned at the Rendezvous that Gene Reynolds had told me that Adolph Ruth was looking for a certain view of Weaver's Needle. This was the picture that I sent him. It's from the Del Monte claim marker in the saddle, on the Stone Map trail:

He told me that was the exact view Ruth was looking for.

Joe Ribaudo

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man I'm bummed. I missed this shin dig. Maybe next year. Not too far from home for me but unfortunately plans came up. Trying to plan an outing for a couple days near Prescott.
I read a post about somebody being a GPAA member and a meeting. I've been a member for a couple months and have yet to attend a meeting. Could I get somebody to tell me who I could talk to about this. I live in Mesa and I know there's a meeting somewhere in Phoenix I think third Thursday of each month. Is there a Mesa group? If not. Then contact info for Phoenix group would be appreciated.

I truly enjoy reading all of these threads. Even when everybody jumps on a person who possibly got signals crossed. I really wish I could have picked some brains so I could compare what I've heard.

I thought I read at some point that there has been people who went looking and literally lost there heads. I think last case of this was in 80's. Has anybody heard of other decaps since then. I think that in each instance they were found with ore sampes.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
May have been me saying I was signing up when i get paid.
The one meeting I know of is with sgtfda.
It is a north phoenix,51 and Northern area. Not sure if there are any in Mesa as I am joining in about week.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Gpap meeting is the first thur of each month at 7

American Italian club
7509 n 12th st
Phoenix
202 w to 51n take Glendale exit left onto Glendale. 2 nd light right on 12th. Aic on right a few blocks up. All are invited!
Club is free if your a GPAA member. Gpap is the largest chapter in the country

Last edited:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thx for getting back with me. I guess I'll see ya next Thursday then. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that it sure was a pleasure meeting everybody. Took me nine years to make it, but fiiinally! .............and like Joe said.... "Big Teddy Bear!" (there was no reason for me not to be) HAHAHA

Can you tell how tired I was? LOL I left home at about 12:30am. Got to Phoenix at about 6:30am. Instead of going to sleep, I went up to the Fish Creek Bridge and did some hiking around. I got to the Don's Camp at about 1 or 2pm. No sleep, no sleep, no sleep, until about 11:30pm Saturday night. Next year, I'll have to plan things better. HAHAHA

Mike

Last edited:

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry that I missed you Mike, we stopped out Friday night for a few. Did not feel welcome so Badger and I left. What we do and what most of them do are two different things. Mike next time you come down send me a text or email we will go flying for a few hours I will show you something that only a hand full of people outside of Double-Jack have seen..

Kurt Painter

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Kurt why did you not come down to the camp. Far as I know you guys stayed up on a hill away from camp. All had a great time and you would have been welcomed by us all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread