All Treasure Hunting

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bruja...brujala and so on and so forth...

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some have said that it looks like a witch to them somehiker...It sure looks more like a witch to me than a priest...hahaha

Ed T

Some would see it that way.... and a " witch " they would call him. But only because of his hat.
Others may have had more "faith" in him, because he still accommodated and shared many of the "old" ways.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some would see it that way.... and a " witch " they would call him. But only because of his hat.
Others may have had more "faith" in him, because he still accommodated and shared many of the "old" ways.

Some would have called her "la bruja" instead of brujala...And IF it were a question of faith...It would not have anyhing to do with the four points of the cross as in: North, South, East, and West...

Of course I could be wrong...

Ed T

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
3FB9D6F0-FCD3-4AF1-91BE-D4BC910E1C93.jpeg

AD599902-F886-40EE-9CB5-B1FBD2482828.jpeg

These are the hats in use now. The old style had a brim around the hat in 1800’s

Babymick1

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Babymic, U ain't giving me ****. I blaze my own trail. Only interested in my solve nothing else,cuz I know I am right 110%.Need no validation from no one. I have one person here I was willing to show bit he wouldn't answer of he still goes out in the Sups. 2pics I will not share would put it to rest,bit I will not do it here. Have hundreds that have seen the pics on FB that have seen the results of my travels. Can only go when it has rained. It's the only way.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some would have called her "la bruja" instead of brujala...And IF it were a question of faith...It would not have anyhing to do with the four points of the cross as in: North, South, East, and West...

Of course I could be wrong...

Ed T

I believe you are wrong....and likely Ted DeGrazia would also. Seems not just certain Mestizos favored the pointed crown of some styles of Sombreros, but also some SW native Medicine Men.......

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/201752-ted-degrazia-navajo-night-chant-lithogra

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Babymic, U ain't giving me ****. I blaze my own trail. Only interested in my solve nothing else,cuz I know I am right 110%.Need no validation from no one. I have one person here I was willing to show bit he wouldn't answer of he still goes out in the Sups. 2pics I will not share would put it to rest,bit I will not do it here. Have hundreds that have seen the pics on FB that have seen the results of my travels. Can only go when it has rained. It's the only way.

What does mongoose season have to do with it. Your just plain silly.

Babymick1

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you are wrong....and likely Ted DeGrazia would also. Seems not just certain Mestizos favored the pointed crown of some styles of Sombreros, but also some SW native Medicine Men.......

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/201752-ted-degrazia-navajo-night-chant-lithogra

I have a completely different view on the Priest...But I do not wish to share the alternate meaning with anyone at the moment Wayne...Maybe I may change my mind in the future...But I don't think I will change my mind anytime soon...

Ed T

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a completely different view on the Priest...But I do not wish to share the alternate meaning with anyone at the moment Wayne...Maybe I may change my mind in the future...But I don't think I will change my mind anytime soon...

Ed T

IMHO, what wears the Priest, represents History from the beginning of the Chistianity. Combines the old with the new, the traditional with the contemporary.
Why they chose 18 places and not a different number? Because the 18 represented the centuries of Cristianity. Eighteen very difficult centuries to convert people into Christians. A difficult path like the 18 lugares of the Trail.

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
IMHO, what wears the Priest, represents History from the beginning of the Chistianity. Combines the old with the new, the traditional with the contemporary.
Why they chose 18 places and not a different number? Because the 18 represented the centuries of Cristianity. Eighteen very difficult centuries to convert people into Christians. A difficult path like the 18 lugares of the Trail.

OR perhaps 18 different "Visitas"? Check out Rudo Ensayo, specifically the chapter on the missions and visitas of Pimeria Alta.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure a real witch would be caught wearing a cross on the sleeve. Sort of a reverse blasphemy, I'd think. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread