Western NC newbie to MDing

bacusa

Jun 25, 2012
WNC/ETN/SW VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got started in metal detecting(Garrett Ace 350 , and Pro-Pointer) for hobby. Live in Asheville, NC ,and own a farm in Bristol VA.Thanks for all of the great posts-a lot of great info from knowledgable folks.

Spent a week at the beach and now have the MD bug real bad! Found a lot of pocket change, a silver earring, 2 toys, and of course.....trash. Most importantly found out how fun metal detecting can be. I'm hooked!
Questions.....Any interesting sites to hunt in Western NC? Any clubs?
And what advice would you give for me to MD on my farm? We just acquired it this winter. It's 50 acres, been in the same family for over 100+ years. 20 acres of pastures(no buildings) 30 acres of woods. May have been a cabin or two on the property in the past. Rumored to have old cemetary.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

geodetecting

Feb 13, 2012
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got started in metal detecting(Garrett Ace 350 , and Pro-Pointer) for hobby. Live in Asheville, NC ,and own a farm in Bristol VA.Thanks for all of the great posts-a lot of great info from knowledgable folks.

Spent a week at the beach and now have the MD bug real bad! Found a lot of pocket change, a silver earring, 2 toys, and of course.....trash. Most importantly found out how fun metal detecting can be. I'm hooked!
Questions.....Any interesting sites to hunt in Western NC? Any clubs?
And what advice would you give for me to MD on my farm? We just acquired it this winter. It's 50 acres, been in the same family for over 100+ years. 20 acres of pastures(no buildings) 30 acres of woods. May have been a cabin or two on the property in the past. Rumored to have old cemetary.
Thanks.

Hey, I'm also in NC, would love to hunt with you? I'm in Mebane, NC

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions