What keeps you going?

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I have been back at this hobby for 2 years now and recently pulled out my "treasures" to see what I have brought home that would be considered good finds. I was suprised how the stuff I found that I thought was good at the time actually turned out (most of the time) to just be stuff. The finds that I valued the most had no actual cash value, no collectible value but were finds I had found on a night hunting with my buddy Baldingboy that we had a LOT of fun detecting. Wether it was because the dingo almost ate me, or the multiple dirt clods that were tossed or the crazy idea of detecting in 20 degree weather with a strong wind and sleet pounding down on us. The friendship of a hunting partner has made all my experiences so much more rewarding.

There have been dry spells for me while hunting and I still have yet to find ONE thing that would make a person stop and go WOW now that is a great find!!! But every time I decide to give it all up and go back to sitting on the couch watching TV and vegging out I remember the fun times I have had when I was hunting with others, and especially Baldingboy. He has become a truer friend than I have had in a long time. And no this isn't broke back detecting. Friendship, good times with the bad, that is what keeps me going in this hobby.

So what keeps you going?

Upvote 0

Lotsawhatzits

Jan 9, 2009
I love history and going hunting is like a direct connection to it. History classes in school should pass out metal detectors and go on field trips. That would get the kids involved! The other side is it reminds me of playing the slots in Vegas. That next beep just might be the big one. In the meantime it gives you just enough to keep you pulling the handle, just one more time. And at the end of the day you still have your rent money- maybe more.

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
Number one reason........to get rich. Since it may take awhile I will just enjoy the hunt and the unkown.

I can relate to that :thumbsup:

Best of luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread