What keeps you going?

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I have been back at this hobby for 2 years now and recently pulled out my "treasures" to see what I have brought home that would be considered good finds. I was suprised how the stuff I found that I thought was good at the time actually turned out (most of the time) to just be stuff. The finds that I valued the most had no actual cash value, no collectible value but were finds I had found on a night hunting with my buddy Baldingboy that we had a LOT of fun detecting. Wether it was because the dingo almost ate me, or the multiple dirt clods that were tossed or the crazy idea of detecting in 20 degree weather with a strong wind and sleet pounding down on us. The friendship of a hunting partner has made all my experiences so much more rewarding.

There have been dry spells for me while hunting and I still have yet to find ONE thing that would make a person stop and go WOW now that is a great find!!! But every time I decide to give it all up and go back to sitting on the couch watching TV and vegging out I remember the fun times I have had when I was hunting with others, and especially Baldingboy. He has become a truer friend than I have had in a long time. And no this isn't broke back detecting. Friendship, good times with the bad, that is what keeps me going in this hobby.

So what keeps you going?

Upvote 0

Chaparral

Oct 5, 2008
Niceville, Florida
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, Infinium LS, Tiger Shark. TDI, E-Trac/SR X-1, Vision/SR DX-1, Excalibur II
I do it because it gives me pleasure: the pleasure of being out of doors in the wind and sun; the pleasure of dive and experiencing new places and new things; and the pleasure of the find (if there is one). Life is short - I try to find pleasure in each moment....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What keeps me going? The thought that there will be plenty of time to rest when I get laid down in the box.

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
I do it to use all the worlds supply of AA batteries, no not realy . It's the thrill of the hunt, memories you take with you from the field, friendships, relics, and of couse
all that lost and forgotten treasure under our feet..... LOL LOL LOL LOL ;D :thumbsup:
KEEP A DIGGIN

ML HUDSON

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sumpin to do besides going to work all the time. I tend to be a loner and I like being out in the air.
But my favorite part? Summertime water hunting at freshwater lakes beaches.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the thought that a Wheat, Merc, SLQ, or silver half is only a few inches under the surface waiting for me to find it.

......That's what keeps me going.

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
Pure stubborness, faith, hope, all that.

B

BIG61AL

Since I can't find older coins I have to settle for gold and diamonds.

<--------------look to the left-------------------------<<<<<<<<<

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VICODIN

and

The lost SEATED COIN that I have failed to find.....

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thought of being able to be out doors having a blast!

My motto is "It's like Christmas everytime you dig a target! You never know if you'll get a shiny new bike or underware!" ::)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FutureProspect784 said:
What keeps me going? When all those old-timers try to tell me that a site has been detected dry.

That's gotta be #1 And even funnier is you trying to keep a straight face until the old boy walks away!

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The opportunity to unearth the History that has been laying there waiting for someone with respect to show what time era it came from and what story is behind it. I detect only for the chance to show others the items that has been forgotton and the historical value.
My favorite class in School was History and i hope to never leave the lessons.

Nova Treasure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread