Are there any Safari users out there? .......anyone......anyone?

metalman338

Greenie
Apr 18, 2006
YEP GOT ME, ONE FOR A WHILE NOW,THE MORE I USE IT THE MORE I LIKE IT,IM NOT A BEGINNER BEEN DOING THIS FOR ABOUT 30 YEARS OR SO,MY CURRENT MACHINES,FISHER F75-CZ-20 CZ-5,MINELAB EXCALIBUR -SAFARI,SOVEREIGN GT,NAUTILUS DMC11BA,SO ON AND SO ON,IT IS A SOLID ALL AROUND GOOD MACHINE,IT MAKES ALOT OF DIFFERENT SOUNDS BUT AFTER A WHILE WHEN YOU LEARN IT IT IS A VERY DEEP MACHINE,THE RECOVERY SPEED IS NOT GREAT BUT GOOD,MAKE SHORE YOU SET IT IN HIGH TRASH NOT LOW,AS FAR AS THE SOUNDS GO FERROUS OR CONDUCTIVE THATS UP TO YOU,I HAVE A TEST BED IN MY YARD WITH VERY DEEP TARGETS ,A LARGE CENT A 12" THAT MY OTHER MACHINES CANT HIT BUT THE SAFARI DOES,HOPE THIS HELPS ,TONY C

bigolhorns

Nov 12, 2006
Forest Grove,Oregon
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 11" and 9.5 " Elliptical
Garrett AT Gold
Teknetics Gold Bug
White's "Mr. Bill modified" Classic IDX
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 8" coil
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 11" coil
XP MI6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got one. Best money I ever spent on a detector. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay DEEP. In this Oregon ground it is deeper by several inches than F75 and CZ's I've had.Pinpoints right on, even deep stuff. Drawback, it's heavy. Did I say it's deep? Dug a 12" deep wheat penny today that the Safari ID'd as a penny. Target ID is right on. It's Stupid DEEP !!! ;D Plenty fast

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mine about 4 months but haven't got to use it a whole lot. Just getting use to all the sounds it makes when I had health problems. Doing better and planning to get out a little more soon. It is deep! Mine really loves silver. Can't knock it. just stick with it until you get use to it and you'll do well. Monty

Dale Simmons

Dec 24, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Equinox 600
I've had my Safari about 3 months. It's a great machine. I average about 500 clad coins a month. The only problem is depth. It is a very deep machine. I like to hunt areas where others have been. The nice thing about the Safari is you can take it to hunt anywhere. I can hunt a park or school in the morning and the beach in the afternoon. I can hunt the dry sand or wet sand. The Safari loves both.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
I hunt with a Quattro, pre-Safari.
If the Safari is any improvement over the Quattro it will be a great machine.

I love the Q. Finding many deeeeeep old coins this year. Took some time to really get "tuned in" to it, but when the lights come on, watch out!

I put a procoil on mine, Same as comes standard on Safari. Great coil. Also use a 5" Sunray Excellerator for trashy areas.
Both coils are deadly on the Q.

Good Luck,
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions