Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you guys might enjoy reading this if you have not already. I found it interesting because the cultures in this area were starting rituals similar to the Maya in mound building. They built large temple mounds and serpent mounds and of course there is the Kolomoki mounds. We had mounds here that were so large that during the civil war they mounted cannons to the top of them. Here is the read about the symbols on the swift creek pottery.

Mayan glyphs discovered on pottery in Georgia, Florida and Alabama - Jacksonville Road Trip Travel | Examiner.com

The video in it is kinda cheesy but I was thinking I had seen some of those designs in what I find. Here is a piece of pottery I have that is similar. In my area Lewis and Kneberg called it the Dallas era (late Mississipian).

100_4304.JPG

Here they were also creating elaborate designs out of copper. Here is a restored piece from a book I have showing Mayan characteristics. Notice the head held in hand. We know they were creating new gods and starting to perform human sacrifices. Sound Mayan ?

100_4306.JPG

Here below is a Mayan pot I have. ex hampton,ex stroud, I just liked the photography and never realized till we shot it that it had old red and blue paint pigments in it. It was recovered supposedly during the construction of the Panama Canal.

R_1963.jpeg

I think the article is reaching but when you put all the facts together it does look like possible contact was made somehow between these cultures or maybe it was just evolution.
HH
TnMtns

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting everyone. Keep it coming

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one is a doozy!
Check out GaRebels Georgia found platform pipe next to a Mayan bird Symbol.

650269d1341233202t-platform-pipe-indian-pipe-lee-c.jpeg

650270d1341233202-platform-pipe-indian-pipe-lee-c.jpeg

13919-Mayan-Or-Aztec-Bird-Design-In-Black-And-White-Poster-Art-Print.jpeg

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one more tidbit on that platform pipe.
While researching that very interesting find I came across this artifact found in Ecuador.

dl510fa9fd.gif

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
for instance....look at Iraq and Syria today. They are Arab countries that for the most part speak Arabic and call themselves Arab....but.....through history they were Sumerians, Babylonians, Assyrians, Hittites, Moabites, Elamites, even Hebrews. Turkish people swept through, Greeks, Persians, Romans and Egyptians...Their present day DNA is as mixed as my mothers "add all the weeks leftovers" vegetable soup. This is the most studied and well documented area in the world, we have LIBRARIES of ancient texts documenting vanished empires and kings written in extinct languages. ..and we don't for a minute pretend that present day "Arabs" arose from no where, replaced the current population and created a brand new civilization from scratch.

but American Indians....don't even go there.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. The thought process here was frozen by Archeologist and our history books. In 1881 Smithsonian was studying this very connection in the Tennessee Valley in mounds when the bat stone appeared with hebrew text. Now it seems it is a forgery or hoax pulled during that survey in 1881. Google Bat Creek Stone . We always followed this as it is in areas we hunted years ago. To bad the Creeks did not create the written language before the Cherokee. Maybe the answer is in the pottery sherds.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
....this is amazing...a very long read but you can choose to watch it too. It is the history of cracking the Mayan code...and the amazing part is that it was a son of an archeologist that put all the clues together...

NOVA | Cracking the Maya Code

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point about the British allies the creeks TN.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey tn there is a mayan city in georgia they are covering up i saw on t.v the other day.i know t.v. but sounds good to me some show were a guy is trying to set the story striaght ancient america secerts i think its called

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking part in this thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions