Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Khem was a single city in Egypt. Later called Letopolis by the Greeks. Now called Ausim. About 8 miles north of Cairo.

I think the word you are looking for is "Kemet". The ancient name for Egypt. Means "black soil" and refers to the fertile lands around the Nile basin.

Carry on.

No I had the right word. It evolved into the word "kemet" which according to the spiritual part of it refers to the sciences, religion, geometry and chemistry. Thus "Kemet" Chemistry.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A Rose By any Other Name...Would Still Be A Rose

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, al-kīmiyāʾ may be derived from χημία, which is derived from the ancient Egyptian name of Egypt, khem or khm, khame, or khmi, meaning "blackness", i.e., the rich dark soil of the Nile river valley.

khem 2.jpg Khem.jpg

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
OK so they were Italians big deal. Find something else to do beside fact checking every damn post.

What happened with you citing the source collaborating your claim concerning the Roman/Italian "settlement out in the Western States around 800 to 700 BC"?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been determined (Dr. Spooner) that the swamp was created some 800 years ago...
"in the war room, Ian Spooner explains that the swamp COULD BE only 300-400 years old. His examination of the northern part of the swamp revealed a POSSIBLE rock wall around the eye if the swamp"
- Synopsis of Curse of Oak Island series by episode/ Quoted from Episode 393, Season 7 #3/original airdate November 19, 2019

Dr Ian Spooner, Geoscientist, stated "could be" 300-400 years old, NOT 800 years old, and a possible rock wall.
Hardly a solid determination of established fact.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, al-kīmiyāʾ may be derived from χημία, which is derived from the ancient Egyptian name of Egypt, khem or khm, khame, or khmi, meaning "blackness", i.e., the rich dark soil of the Nile river valley.

View attachment 1823548 View attachment 1823546

No. That's according to the Wikipedia "according to the Oxford English Dictionary" and not the Egyptians. Search on Kemet (pronounced "Kemut") and you'll get equivalent "internet" support.

See. I can do free & cheap searches in lieu of actual education as well as you.

The modern word alchemy in turn is derived from the Arabic word al-kīmīā (الكیمیاء). In origin, the term is borrowed from the Greek χημία or χημεία. This may have Egyptian origins since al-kīmīā is derived from the Greek χημία, which is in turn derived from the word Kemet, which is the ancient name of Egypt in the Egyptian language. Alternately, al-kīmīā may derive from χημεία, meaning "cast together".

PS - I'm pretty good with Egyptology. Stick with your Oak Island fluff.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... As for the Romans keep researching they made a settlement out in the Western States around 800 to 700 BC...
So much about citing Egyptian history that has nothing to do with Oak Island or Templars, Franklin, unless of course they also had a settlement in the Western States along with the Romans that have avoided citing the source of that information.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a link you may want to read?

https://theievoice.com/alchemy-african-sages-chemistry-of-nature/

So much for your Egyptology, Charlie P.

Did you read it? Even though it's a fringe website discussing alchemy (the "Chemistry of Nature" - no nature is all chemicals and atoms. Alchemy is quack potions that use humors, spirits, esters and compounds: and thinks all matter is made up of earth, air, fire and water).

Even so, the site bears out just what I said earlier. Kemet (pronounced "Kemut") is what the Pharoic Egyptians called the country. Has nothing to do with chemistry. Khem - your word - is a city outside Cairo.

I still got it. ;-)

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but you don't got it. Trouble you can not see what is written. Read it again.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm here for Oak Island. Not wall-eyed alchemy bloggers.

The guy looks like a Jack Elam character.

joseph_bailey.jpg 4265.jpg

No. He looks worse.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Find something else to do beside fact checking every damn post.
We fact check when the one's posted fact appears to be totally outrageous, dubious, and highly questionable of originating from a legitimate professional researched and verified documented sources.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So much about citing Egyptian history that has nothing to do with Oak Island or Templars, Franklin, unless of course they also had a settlement in the Western States along with the Romans that have avoided citing the source of that information.

Everyone KNOWS the Egyptians had a settlement in the Grand Canyon, and one in Illinos...it was in all the papers.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are just like ECS, you can never admit when you are wrong. But it is quite OK to tell others they are mistakenly wrong. I have placed ECS on the ignore list. Do you think maybe I should ignore you also?

In this case I was correct. "Khem" is not the ancient name for current Egypt. Kemet was. That is correct. You were incorrect stating Khem was the ancient name of Egypt. Who can't admit when they are wrong?

The word was spelt with four hieroglyphs: a piece of crocodile skin with spines making the sound K; an owl making the sound M and a half loaf of bread making the sound T. The round symbol represents a crossroads and shows the reader that in this context this is a place name.

https://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/dept/ant/egypt/kemet/virtualkemet/faq/index.html

Ignore me all you like. That seems to be a pattern with your avoidance of reality.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this case I was correct. "Khem" is not the ancient name for current Egypt. Kemet was. That is correct. You were incorrect stating Khem was the ancient name of Egypt. Who can't admit when they are wrong?

https://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/dept/ant/egypt/kemet/virtualkemet/faq/index.html

Ignore me all you like. That seems to be a pattern with your avoidance of reality.

The Link explained all of that. You do not want to go to the root name for Egypt only the name itself. What you don't see, I do. Keep thinking you are right and see what happens. You will find out you are wrong more than you are right.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In this case I was correct. "Khem" is not the ancient name for current Egypt. Kemet was. That is correct.
You were incorrect stating Khem was the ancient name of Egypt. Who can't admit when they are wrong?
...and a pattern of avoidance of citing and providing supporting sources for obviously dubious questionable claims posted as "fact", as the Romans made a settlement out in the Western States around 800 to 700 BC".

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I have placed ECS on the ignore list...
That is a rather extreme measure employed to avoid listing the source of your claimed 800-700 BC Roman settlement in the Western States, but as Charlie P. (NY) noted, it is a definite "pattern with your avoidance" when asked to cite source verification of your claims that are contrary to documented established history.
Constantly stating that everyone, including professional historical scholars, does not prove that you are right, and does create a credibility gap.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... The last of the Knight's Templar from France sixty in number were brought over by Sir Henry Sinclair in 1395. Six were drown in Mahone Bay. Most went inland to the mountains in New Hampshire, New York and Vermont.
A large group went West to Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona.
It is going to be fact as soon as it is all checked out. I have already performed all of the research...
If you have performed "all of the research" to prove your claims of this great Templar migration across the United States. post it so the sources can be "all checked out" by others, unless, of course, this is just another tall tale of unproven lore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread