Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
One Of The Greatest...Pandemics...Happened On...Oak Island...1762!

One of the greatest Pandemics which occurred during the time of the Oak Island Treasure Deposit...Was the Yellow Fever!

The British Navy lost more than half their men to this Pandemic during the conquest of Havana.

The many Navy Personnel which resided on Oak Island and died from this Disease were buried under the traditional Navy Burial.

I believe they were wrapped in sack cloth with their leather Bibles with a final piercing of the nose proving their death... by an instrument found in Season 7 eps. 20.

Nose Needle.png

They were then deposited and buried into the Money Pit.

Lond. Mag. 1763. Annual Register, 1762.
In America the snow fell on the 8th of November and continued till about the 20th of March. These extraordinary phenomena were followed by an eruption of Etna in 1763, of three months continuance.
In the extremely hot summer of 1762, the bilious plague prevailed in Philadelphia. The same disease swept away most of the troops in the expedition to Havana. The plague raged in Constantinople and in Syria; while the yellow fever spread mortality in Bengal.
In this year the plague in Aleppo came to its crisis. In 1760, died about 500 persons; in 1761, 7000, and in 1762, 11000; after which year it subsided.

The mate sent me down to assist the bo'sun to prepare and stitch up the corpse, as he said I would be unlikely to witness such an occurrence again. The bo'sun, a North Sea Chinaman (ie, he hailed from the Orkney Isles), was in his sixties and had performed the task several times before. He was a deft hand with the palm [leather glove] and needle used to sew the heavy canvas into a shroud around the body, and when he came to the final stitches around the face he pushed the large triangular-shaped needle right through the nose. I winced, and he looked up at me and said, "That's the law of the sea, the last stitch through the nose, if that don't wake him up I know he's dead."

When sailors died and were sewn into their hammocks, the last stitch was supposedly passed through the nose of the dead tar just to be sure he actually was dead.
Nose Needle.png

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was a Naval Base on Oak Island? No wonder they find parts of docks and ships. And fortifications . . . oh, wait . . .

Not much of a harbor, though. The ships must have anchored out. Seems odd they would bother to stop off on a 140 acre island if they had to row up to it anyway. Why not the mainland?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There was a Naval Base on Oak Island? No wonder they find parts of docks and ships. And fortifications . . . oh, wait . . .

Not much of a harbor, though. The ships must have anchored out. Seems odd they would bother to stop off on a 140 acre island if they had to row up to it anyway. Why not the mainland?

Maybe not an actual Navy Base, if a much earlier expedition perhaps stopping there because your unsure of the indigenous population and a small Island offers some protection.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was only a small outpost for watching for French Ships sailing by Oak Island towards Halifax. The British had a small outpost or observation hidden in Smith's Cove. They were there from 1730 to 1738. Nothing else happened around Oak Island until the 1760's when three sheep owners herded their sheep on Oak Island. They started inhabiting and living on Oak Island after 1770. Nothing large happened there except for the mining operations during the 16th and 17th Centuries. The treasure of the Knight's Templar was buried on Oak Island and surrounding islands at the end of the 14th Century. At the end of the 18th Century and into the 19th Century there was a brick factory where Fred Nolan's house is located today. And on the western end of Oak Island the Smith Family opened a sawmill in the early 20th Century.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was only a small outpost for watching for French Ships sailing by Oak Island towards Halifax. The British had a small outpost or observation hidden in Smith's Cove. They were there from 1730 to 1738.

If that were the case they would have chosen an island further out into the bay where they could actually see ships sailing by.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that were the case they would have chosen an island further out into the bay where they could actually see ships sailing by.

Well they had an outpost on Oak Island. Troops of the 46th were brought up from Jamaica after the revolt was put down. I know two of the men that were stationed on Oak Island and one was watching and checking to make sure the treasures were not bothered what time he was stationed on Oak Island.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well they had an outpost on Oak Island. Troops of the 46th were brought up from Jamaica after the revolt was put down. I know two of the men that were stationed on Oak Island and one was watching and checking to make sure the treasures were not bothered what time he was stationed on Oak Island.

Cite your source.

Apr 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi - a newbie here. I followed Robot's trail from another Oak Island website. What you posted there stirred such interest that I tracked you to this thread. Thanks Robot!

Firstly, kudos! I find your theories engaging, entertaining and held together with the mortor of plausability. It's your "thinking outside the box" that drives and sustains my interest. I'm not trying to blow sunshine up your butt but I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I also find many of the other contributors' (of this thread) ideas and info to be enlightening.

It's taken me about a month but I have read most of the (currently) 174 pages of this thread. I say most because at one point the "tone" of the thread changed to what became tantamount to bullying and harassment by certain individuals. Once their pattern of behavior became established I stopped bothering to read their comments and scrolled through many pages saving me much time. It"s too bad because occasionally they would make valid points but that was lost in their incessant negativity and repetitive droning. Beating a proverbial dead horse. That's all the attention I intend to give them - enough said.

As I understand from your comments Robot, you intended this thread to be a place to exchange ideas in a light-hearted approach to the subject. To qualify my following comments: I'm not a historian, researcher or anything of that ilk. I'm an armchair adventurer looking to keep my gerbil-like brain engaged in some form of stimulus. There seemed to be holes and curiosities in the story of OI and I wanted better answers which is what drove me here.

I think it was Loki who pointed out what the difference between proof and evidence was (Thanks Loki). Sometimes evidence is all you have to work with. Sometimes not even that. I enjoy contemplating theories without evidence as long as it sounds reasonable and is in the realm of plausibility. It is the level of plausability that seems to be a sticking point. Sometimes the evidence comes along later ... as has happened with the show. If you only allow hard proof to steer your thoughts then you limit the scope of your ideas and research ... you're stuck in a box. Some don"t get that.

BTW - I thought your ideas about the poisoned blue clay to be deliciously devious. That was a great piece of research and possible tie-in to the 1704 stone. Again - thinking outside the box (and backed by historical fact). Well done.

Templar or not? Zena Halpern's maps indicate the exploration of Nova Scotia prior to Colombus. Even if you argue fakes etc., I doubt Mrs. Halpern (a seasoned researcher) wouldn't have authenticated the maps prior to sharing them. Secondly, sculptures featuring corn in Rosslyn Chapel strattles the line between proof and evidence. Clearly, someone had been to North America before/during the chapel's construction. In my mind this connects the Templars with North America. The only question would be if they deposited anything here. The maps would suggest they at least created works of some type.

Personally, I don't think the "Ark" is at OI although other religious artifacts may be. My reason is from an interview conducted by Graham Hancock in Ethiopia many years back. For those who don't know the story; he was a BBC correspondent at the time and Africa was his beat. He was able to secure an interview with the "Keeper of the Ark" who was responsible for guarding it day and night. He was told the Ark was taken to Ethiopia millenia ago for protection. Hancock noticed the Keeper had tumors and cataracts and the Keeper claimed the Ark was an object of "fire". Hancock interpreted this to mean it "radiated". The following year he obtained another interview. To his surprise it was a different Keeper. He found out the previous Keeper had died and the longest a Keeper stays alive is three years but typically one year or less is all they survive. I don't think this to be faked and I can"t see Holy Men fabricating it to that length (tumors etc.).

Shifting gears (but it's related), according to one documentary I saw, the Egyptians had more than one Ark. I was floored by this statement ... Oh, btw the dimensions of the "sarcophagus" in the Great Pyramid matches the dimensions of the Ark perfectly i.e the Ark would fit perfectly inside. I mention this because if the Templars unearthed an Ark (not necessarily The Ark or the same Ark) and it possesses the same properties as the Ark in Ethiopia, it could wreak havoc on the crew transporting it across the ocean.

It's been determined (Dr. Spooner) that the swamp was created some 800 years ago. Some speculate the swamp hides a ship. To me, a radiating, contaminated vessel is the only reason I would bury a ship rather than sinking in the depths of the ocean. Again, I'm not a proponent of this theory but why bury a ship instead of sinking it. They may have thought it would kill the seas.

As a quick aside regarding a trans-Atlantic voyage circa 1100's - another one of history's mysteries is where did all the iron that created the Iron Age come from? Experts claim there wasn't enough iron deposits in Europe to supply the demand. They have discovered possible ancient open pit ore mines in the Great Lakes area that is thought to be the possible source i.e the ancient world knew of North America millenia before the official discovery took place. Could Gary Drayton's discovery of a roman pike head indicate this? The likelihood of it being a weapon as part of a 1100's or 1700's expedition is just as unlikely. If it's true, a voyage in the 1100's doesn't seem so far fetched. There's also evidence of an Irish monk making the voyage in the 800's. It also seems that when Cabot was preparing for his voyage across the Atlantic the locals in Bristol told him of a far away land called Hy-Brazil. In my mind a Templar voyage in the 1100's is plausible.

I realize the Ark info is highly controversial - I thought I'd start out with a bang. I don't mind ribbing and friendly ball busting if it's all in good fun but I will NOT answer to the kind of badgering I have read previously. That kind of CRAP will be gleefully ignored. I have many questions. I have a loose theory that changes with the evidence. BTW I think it was Portuguese Templars that made first contact with the Micmacs (what they were called when I was a kid). The evidence is the petroglyph carving on the large rock featuring a Templar shield and the shaking hands with maze and tobacco in the background (it was thought by the expert to be a Portuguesse Templar Cross). The Spanish style shoes buried at Smith's Cove and the coconut fiber support this. Hardly proof but that's three separate pieces of evidence. Thanks for reading.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mike. Quite an introduction. I have been studying for years along those same lines. As for the Romans keep researching they made a settlement out in the Western States around 800 to 700 BC. When you say the Portuguese Templars were over here first, I really don't know. I do know Christoper Columbus made a voyage for the Pope in 1485 to 1486. His voyage in 1492 was to bring the Spanish to this province to be plundered by the Knights Templar. The Knights Templar had better sailing methods that the Spanish did not have. They could leave South America before the Knight's Templar and the Knights Templar could get to their next stop before they did. This was a feat that sunk many Spanish Galleons after their treasures were plundered. Silver, copper and gold were mined in this country during the age of King Solomon. I will one day sort all of my research and information together but right now is not the time. I will look for future post from you and I may have an answer or two for you.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DenseChubbyGermanshorthairedpointer-mobile.mp4

Wake me up when it gets back to Oak Island and some evidence surfaces.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... As for the Romans keep researching they made a settlement out in the Western States around 800 to 700 BC...
As for the Romans, real historical research states the founding of Rome as April 21, 753 BCE as a small city state ruled by a king, not a global traveling nation that would have a "settlement out in the Western States".
What pseudo history tome did this obvious wrong information emerge?
Once again, a request to please cite your source, if indeed one actually exists.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK so they were Italians big deal. Find something else to do beside fact checking every damn post.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome To the Show!...Mike From Kanata!

Kanata:
Kanata...the Indian given name for Canada...may also refer to:

I am betting on Kanata, Ontario Canada...but on this Thread... Bizarre tales do exist...Pirates are one of them!

I appreciate your insight with this Thread...as I always say...in order to sail a ship you must put up with some Barnacles latching on.

Hope you post more theories and stories that may allow all of us...To Think Outside The Box!

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
OK so they were Italians big deal. Find something else to do beside fact checking every damn post.

So why are you avoiding citing the source that states people from what became Italy had "settlements out in the Western States around 800 to 700 BC"?
If you have evidence that supports your statement, please present it for examination as it is contrary to the established historical record and the capabilities of the tribes of ancient Italy.
Fact checking is an important part of historical research, separating and eliminating false fabricated fictional information from actual historical fact.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanata:
Kanata...the Indian given name for Canada...may also refer to:

I am betting on Kanata, Ontario Canada...but on this Thread... Bizarre tales do exist...Pirates are one of them!

I appreciate your incite about this Thread...as I always say...in order to sail a ship you must put up with some Barnacles latching on.

Hope you post more theories and stories that may allow all of us...To Think Outside The Box!

Egypt used to be called "Khem" where the word Chemistry came from.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Khem was a single city in Egypt. Later called Letopolis by the Greeks. Now called Ausim. About 8 miles north of Cairo.

I think the word you are looking for is "Kemet". The ancient name for Egypt. Means "black soil" and refers to the fertile lands around the Nile basin.

Carry on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread