Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Duh, Disney is international. .
As far as organizing a boycott that is easy via Facebook. There are almost 2 million likes right now on Facebook page Boycott of A&E.

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

When it gets up to two million likes by corporate sponsors of television shows let me know.

Money talks - the rest walks!

How many sponsors are going to say to Disney "You screwed Phil we are done doing business with you!"?

I'll tell you how many - zero!

Without a cohesive voice this is a non issue.

In a week this all goes away. A&E measures the damage done to the DD brand and makes a business decision.

if they decide that Phil gets a time out, and if the rest of the cast walks because of it, so be it. A&E sues them, while they move forward. Meanwhile down in DD country, with their 15 minutes of fame behind them, the Duck commanders go back to being successful small business owners. maybe after all the dust settles and A&E takes a bite out of their bank account another network will pick them up. But Duck Dynasty would be done forever.

if A&E decides that Phil doesn't get his hand slapped A&E faces fallout with sponsors who do not share the opinion that Phil's comments were not anti gay and racially insensitive. many of those sponsors are highly sensitive to how their brand is perceived. Most do not share Cracker Barrel's narrow demographic. A decision to keep Phil could have more serious sponsor fall out. There is no shortage of top rated TV shows on which to spend advertising dollars. Sponsors have many options. Depending on contract language A&E could possibly hold Phil responsible for any damage. ( my firm holds employees responsible for actions that damage their brand)

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave44:

If you want to hate on unions, go right ahead.

My post was example of the obvious fact employees don't have freedom of speech. You can't dispute the fact, so you attempt to distract and deflect.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Dave 44 never said he "hates unions". This is another example of you twisting another's post. And this, in the same post where you attempt to "distract and deflect" by adding words Mr. Dave 44 never said, to make it look as though he is the one who is "detracting and deflecting". You are some piece 'o work dude!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it gets up to two million likes by corporate sponsors of television shows let me know.

Money talks - the rest walks!

How many sponsors are going to say to Disney "You screwed Phil we are done doing business with you!"?

I'll tell you how many - zero!

Without a cohesive voice this is a non issue.

In a week this all goes away. A&E measures the damage done to the DD brand and makes a business decision.

if they decide that Phil gets a time out, and if the rest of the cast walks because of it, so be it. A&E sues them, while they move forward. Meanwhile down in DD country, with their 15 minutes of fame behind them, the Duck commanders go back to being successful small business owners. maybe after all the dust settles and A&E takes a bite out of their bank account another network will pick them up. But Duck Dynasty would be done forever.

if A&E decides that Phil doesn't get his hand slapped A&E faces fallout with sponsors who do not share the opinion that Phil's comments were not anti gay and racially insensitive. many of those sponsors are highly sensitive to how their brand is perceived. Most do not share Cracker Barrel's narrow demographic. A decision to keep Phil could have more serious sponsor fall out. There is no shortage of top rated TV shows on which to spend advertising dollars. Sponsors have many options. Depending on contract language A&E could possibly hold Phil responsible for any damage. ( my firm holds employees responsible for actions that damage their brand)

Face it man - You lost the battle, just go detecting. Thanks!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's a non issue why you still here.......

Last edited:

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who says Libs are not Christians? Where did you pick up that narrow thought?

Who says we are not offended by sexual perversion?

Who is the decider on what exactly is sexual perversion?

And, the issue is that those who are offended claim the higher road and wish to impart their beliefs on everyone else.

Bible says love everyone. To us libs that means no exceptions!

Half right Mr. NF. The Bible says we are to love everyone but hate the sin. When us Christians say we hate the sin, you guys twist it as if we said we hate the person we believe to be sinning. We don't hate the person. So if I say I hate double the healthcare costs and deductible you will twist it to say I hate OB? Man, quit doing that!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
JunkShopFiddler:

Your reading - and your faux outrage - are remarkably selective.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Duk Laden.jpg

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two can play...

e2e7y7y3.jpg

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JunkShopFiddler:

Your reading - and your faux outrage - are remarkably selective.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Wow, man!...A left-handed compliment from a gallant foe!
First off, yes I am very selective, aren't we all? Mostly I select in favor logic, reason, and "un-twisted" commentary! Thanks for noticing!
Secondly, my outrage is in earnest, From Vietnam and the pre-Civil Rights era to to what is happening inside the Beltway right now...I've seen too much real suffering for it to be otherwise.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 917033

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Whoa! Really? And you good liberal folks are the ones who claim foul over Conservatives comparing your political heroes to Hitler. Actually we are happy to see this because it confirms our beliefs that it is the liberals who are the biggest hypocrites. More please!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
BC1969:

Every sort of nasty picture of the President of the United States has been posted here on TN. Time and time again.

I guess those are some sort of sick joke, as well?

There was even a picture of a person wearing an Obama campaign armband shooting someone in the head. Remember that one?

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
BC1969:

Every sort of nasty picture of the President of the United States has been posted here on TN. Time and time again.

I guess those are some sort of sick joke, as well?

There was even a picture of a person wearing an Obama campaign armband shooting someone in the head. Remember that one?

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo
There's that fake outrage you're so famous for. You go dude.... :thumbsup:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually I didn't see that pic, but had I, I may have not responded to it anyway since I really could not care less about politics in general.
Obummer is the president, he got elected somehow or another, but then again most people know al gore really won, but some bodies bro rigged a key state.
Anyway if folks choose to mock the president that is their choice, I personally think he is a Muslim and does not have the american peoples best interests at heart.
Phil Robertson, I know his religion, I know he is what I see as a true patriotic american, and GOD bless him and his family..so to compare bin laden to phil...I take that as not only an insult on myself...but as a insult on all Americans who believe in our country.
What I say to that is love it or leave it.
That's all I have to say about that.

Mike

P.S. I am chugging *real eggnog* so if I get a little bent out of shape y'all know why...

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
BC1969:

Now let's skip the petty stuff and talk about something important!

Regarding "real" eggnog - are you a rum man or a brandy snifter?

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Actually I didn't see that pic, but had I, I may have not responded to it anyway since I really could not care less about politics in general.
Obummer is the president, he got elected somehow or another, but then again most people know al gore really won, but some bodies bro rigged a key state.
Anyway if folks choose to mock the president that is their choice, I personally think he is a Muslim and does not have the american peoples best interests at heart.
Phil Robertson, I know his religion, I know he is what I see as a true patriotic american, and GOD bless him and his family..so to compare bin laden to phil...I take that as not only an insult on myself...but as a insult on all Americans who believe in our country.
What I say to that is love it or leave it.
That's all I have to say about that.

Mike

P.S. I am chugging *real eggnog* so if I get a little bent out of shape y'all know why...
Mike don't let them bait you bro. This is the routine. poke & prod & hump your leg and then pretend to be offended and whine to the mods when you respond. Here. Have some "Shine Nog" Only available for a short time and only in this area if I'm not mistaken.

Attachments

• Shine-Nog-2.jpg
    Shine-Nog-2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 127

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Big rock candy mountain juice!! Gimme lol
Makes me feel like singing.

One evening as the sun went down
And the jungle fires were burning,
Down the track came a hobo hiking,
And he said, "Boys, I'm not turning
I'm headed for a land that's far away
Besides the crystal fountains
So come with me, we'll go and see
The Big Rock Candy Mountains