Phil Robertson Returning To Duck Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mis-identification of belief as scripture, or the word of god is problematic.

Not quite sure what you mean by that pippin. Robertson quotes scripture all the time but through the tongues of men it is often misinterpreted and misconstrued what God actually meant.Christians do it,non believers do it.Robertson believes each and every Word but also in that Truth he knows condemnation is reserved for God and God only.Man is quick to judge and slaps the label of "hate" on his beliefs because it's easier than accepting that some really do follow Christ that closely.

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
mis-identification of belief as scripture, or the word of god is problematic.
LOL... weren't you just spouting off about the "right to your opinion" ? You can't have it both ways man. Even if Phil Robertson held his bible upside down and got EVERYTHING he read in it wrong it's still his interpretation and he still has the right to believe what he chooses to believe. Some Muslims believe the Koran tells them to kill all non-believers. Should we consider ALL Muslims to be potential murderers ?

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
freedom of speech does not include pretending to know the word of god or jesus, and representing opinions as the word of god.
I truly am sorry some people find reading comprehension so difficult...

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
freedom of speech does not include pretending to know the word of god or jesus, and representing opinions as the word of god.
I truly am sorry some people find reading comprehension so difficult...
It's not about freedom of speech since A&E is a private company. Just like you or I can't just say whatever we want on here. Nobody is claiming this is a first amendment issue but nice try at putting that spin on it. But... you were posting just this morning about the right to your opinion. Does not Phil Robertson have the same right ? And the gay community used to be oppressed and were told to keep their beliefs "in the closet" and not to talk about it out in the open. Does Phil Robertson not have that very same right to express his beliefs when he's not at work ? You are refusing to answer those very basic easy to understand questions by trying to change the subject. Most of us are not fooled by that....

Last edited:

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes me "happy happy happy" lol

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
i did not say a thing about the constitution...

clearly some people don't even care what is posted, but have this unbelievable need to belittle others.
have a nice day
It wasn't YOU who posted this... Quote "freedom of speech does not include pretending to know the word of god or jesus, and representing opinions as the word of god.
I truly am sorry some people find reading comprehension so difficult..." Is freedom of speech not one of our constitutional rights ? Hopefully you can understand how I made that connection ? PS... you're STILL trying to avoid the question. Let's reword it then ok ? You demand your "right" to your opinion. Do you deny Phil Robertson that same right ? Gay people demand their right to be honest and open about their beliefs. Yet you think it's ok to try to stifle those same beliefs when it's an old school religeous conservative like Mr Robertson. You, sir, are a hypocrite. Why is it so difficult to get one simple straight answer out of you ? I haven't insulted you one bit but you still just want to do the dance. Belittled you ? Show me where.

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Looks like the Robertson clan figured out A&E wasn't going to pay them $200,000 a pop to play golf.

Duck_Dynasty_Robertson_brothers_without_beards.jpg

beardless-Robertsons-490x367.jpg

Gee whiz - could it be? That "reality" television isn't...really...real?

You betcha!

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one ever said it was, that changes nothing...

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Looks like the Robertson clan figured out A&E wasn't going to pay them $200,000 a pop to play golf.

View attachment 916982

View attachment 916983

Gee whiz - could it be? That "reality" television isn't...really...real?

You betcha!

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo
I posted similar pictures several days ago. Try to keep up. As TH said, it means nothing. They are playing a role ? You mean you're not really Mark Twain ? Oh wait... maybe you missed it because you have your eyes covered when it comes to MY posts... lolol... Good ! Keep your head in the sand. It's not my problem.

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am at a loss! Some people seriously think that everyting they see on (approved) TV is real? Is this the reason the BO got elected? I see a trend! Gullibility!

Where is that rod and reel! I see Wayne's World!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Depends on how much money A&E is willing to lose from a boycott of their programming. .... Cracker Barrel figured it up and decided it was more profitable not to make their customers angry...

Yeah these boycotts really work out. Didn't the Southern Baptists boycott Disney? Boy, Disney was shaking in it's boots! But still didn't change any of its policies regarding the content of its products or it's treatment of gays. The Baptists, realizing they were hurting only themselves, threw in the towel after eight years. Shame almost a generation of young children missed out on the wonderful experience of Disney because of their parent's misguided actions.

For a Boycott to work those involved would have to organize themselves into a group with a voice. Because the only way to strangle a TV Network is to separate it from it's customers, that voice would be used to convince sponsors they are better off not supporting A&E. Since these are two things that aren't going to happen we can write off a boycott as just talk.

BTW, Disney is a part owner of A&E. So going to boycott them as well?

Cracker Barrel is a well run company. Still, they are a late entry for 2013 most bone headed management move. First, they over react in removing the DD merchandise. Then they over react again by putting it back. Honestly, how many people, who are fans of CB restaurants are going to forgo eating there because of this issue? That number would be close to zero. And since many of their restaurants are located near freeway exits, how many of those people, just looking for a place to eat while on a long trip are going to say " I won't eat there because of what they did to Phil?" Yeah, let's drive another 20 miles and see what else we can find? Not gonna happen!

Even good management can make a wrong decision. That said CB will face fall out. Among the problems ahead making nice with the NAACP.

Last edited:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am at a loss! Some people seriously think that everyting they see on (approved) TV is real? Is this the reason the BO got elected? I see a trend! Gullibility!

Where is that rod and reel! I see Wayne's World!

The core demographic audience for DD is southern, older, male. Doesn't sound like the typical Obama voter to me. But gullible? The ones I know are not.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duh, Disney is international. .

As far as organizing a boycott that is easy via Facebook. There are almost 2 million likes right now on Facebook page Boycott of A&E. More than twice as many as signed up for lucifer's care.

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Treasure Hunter:

Gee - how many people "liked" more than once?

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread