Phil Robertson Returning To Duck Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who says Libs are not Christians? Where did you pick up that narrow thought?

Who says we are not offended by sexual perversion?

Who is the decider on what exactly is sexual perversion?

And, the issue is that those who are offended claim the higher road and wish to impart their beliefs on everyone else.

Bible says love everyone. To us libs that means no exceptions!

Everyone struggles with sin NF. It's the promotion of sin that makes Lib's unable to be a Christian.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Here we go again.....anti-Christians trying to quote the Bible :nono: Doesn't work boys!

You Lib's cry foul, I'm offended, you can't say that - It's a two way street.

Sexual perversion offends millions of people - If it does not offend you, that's your issue.

Lib's offend me everyday of the week, but hey, that's their right. Only difference is that you Lib's are a bunch of bully's who try to crush anyone with a different opinion.

Remember last time when I asked you how you know someone's personal religious beliefs? Big accusation with no way to back it up. If I were the guys you are accusing of being "anti-christian", I would be mighty offended.

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California
Just another publicity stunt to boost television ratings.

Would "Lassie" have lasted another season if she told a reporter that she liked...

:)

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Native Floridian:

Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson critical of gays in 2010 speech

By Eric Kelsey
Dec 20, 2013

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "Duck Dynasty" reality TV personality Phil Robertson, who has been suspended from the hit show for making comments condemning homosexuality, made similar remarks in a religious speech given two years before the series began its run on cable network A&E.

The speech posted on video-sharing website YouTube in February 2010 shows Robertson addressing a supper at Berean Bible Church in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, and condemning homosexuals in the 45-minute talk that touched on the U.S. Constitution and secularization of American society.

"They (homosexuals) committed indecent acts with one another," said Robertson, clad in his usual camouflage, in the video posted on the church's YouTube page, which has drawn fresh attention in the wake of Robertson's suspension from one of the most-watched shows on cable television.

"And they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion," he added. "They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson critical of gays in 2010 speech | Reuters

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
In fact i did read the interview. More than once to make sure i understood what was said, the context and the meaning. Phil grouped them together. Nitpik if you like. That is a comparison.

In his view these people, all children of God, are not worthy of God's kingdom. That's judgement.

He's is a Christian man passing judgement. There are many Bible passages that say that's a no-no. From a biblical POV, who is he to judge?

Who is worthy?You are saved by GRACE. Judgement I think not,how about DISCERNMENT instead.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
BC1969:

I thank you for your kind offer - it's that time of year, after all.

I'm good. However, I do appreciate your gesture.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"English Standard Version
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

I think that this just the Bible's interpretation of Bros before Hos? Don't lie to your buddy like you do to the wife, just kidding. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy remedy, all cast members make a public statement reiterating what Phil said......

If they want to fire all for making same comments let them fire them... A&E then has choice sit on show's and have millions of viewers boycott all their programing or sell rights to the show to another network..

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy remedy, all cast members make a public statement reiterating what Phil said......

If they want to fire all for making same comments let them fire them... A&E then has choice sit on show's and have millions of viewers boycott all their programing or sell rights to the show to another network..

Years of contracts law precedence and court decisions, all figured out in 1 forum post... I promise you, if you read the contract, you would not be posting such things.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well one thing I read about their contract is they cannot make any other reality type show for a certain time frame, the story did not say for how long.
Which I can believe since those that know me once upon a time I was a professional safe cracker aka locksmith.
The company I got a majority of my experience and knowledge from made me sign a no competition contract, which meant I could not work for or start my own business in that profession for a period of 5 years within a 100 mile radius of them..but it did not hold up in court thanks to loopholes in the law.

Mike

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Why is it the libs can't seem to grasp the concept that this is a family with strong religious convictions and a strong sense of what it means to stick together as a family ? With people like that they do NOT put money above what they believe in. They are already multi millionaires several times over and have a hugely successful business outside of television. Don't be one bit surprised if they tell A&E to take a big bite and walk away. Consequences be damned.. In fact in light of the huge turnout of support from the people of this country who feel that being "politically correct" has gone way too far, this may throw them into a new chapter of their careers that makes them more money than ever. Regardless of how it turns out A&E has lost alot of viewers over this. Folks with NO morals won't "get" this concept of course.

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
BC1969:

No competition contracts are governed by state law. California is one of the tightest in terms of individual rights - hard to keep someone from making a living. So, instead of a no-compete, companies continue to pay people and retain control over them as employees or contractors.

I'm sure A&E owns the name "Duck Dynasty." The standard entertainment contract has a clause that the entertainer can't go to another show for a period of time after the last episode airs - typically 6 months to a year.

If, however, the Robertson family breaks their contract and refuses to perform - that's a shoe of a different color.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrong as usual NF -

In his view these people, all children of God, are not worthy of God's kingdom. < - True statement, that's why Jesus came.

Judgement - You are going to Hell < - That's is judgement, and only God can Judge.

He never said "You are going to Hell"

You all have that opportunity before you die, and the sooner the better. It's a shame we tend to live for the moment and not consider that after we pass from this life there is Eternity.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years of contracts law precedence and court decisions, all figured out in 1 forum post... I promise you, if you read the contract, you would not be posting such things.

Depends on how much money A&E is willing to lose from a boycott of their programming. .... Cracker Barrel figured it up and decided it was more profitable not to make their customers angry...

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
o-BLANK-PAGE-570.jpg

What Jesus Says About Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions