Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Frank (huntsman53)...

You're awesome... thanks for remembering me and checking on me good sir. We did in fact move back to the Keys but wife's job opportunity brought us back to Vero Beach area again last year... so back to hunting the treasure coast buddy.

We bought a house and faired well in Irma... just yard/tree damage...
I am putting together a response team to get down to the Keys once it opens up and help folks out anyway I can... it is my true place in this world and I will always have a heart for it even though we're here on the TC for now...

The eye made landfall literally right where we lived... if we hadn't moved back here, things would be very different for us right now...

We have many friends down in the Keys and I can't wait to reach out and help anyone who needs it if I can... prayers go up for all affected by this monster storm...
So, you moved back to Vero Beach area again...glad to hear everyone is safe.

night crusader

Jan 18, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a red eye flight out of LAX to FLL to help evacuate my Aunt only to have it follow us to Sarasota were we road it our on Siesta Key. I can tell you we dodged a bullet because if Irma would have came in as a CAT 4 I would not be here today. We were safely able to ride out the storm and I was able to bring her back to her house that had not been damaged. I then raced up to Tampa to see my Mother and sister before headed to North Naples to aid in search and rescue. I was able to hand out water bottles to people who needed water, acquire gas for rescues when the lines were two hours long and asses damage on Marco Island. I was humbled by the unity through all the chaos I had seen. A piece of my heart will forever be in the state of Florida.

Attachments

• 20170911_115701_HDR.jpg
    20170911_115701_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • 20170910_181107_HDR.jpg
    20170910_181107_HDR.jpg
    800.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Have not heard from Aquanut in Ft. Myers. Last week he was still without power and no internet.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Most harrowing experience for me was staying in a motel on OBT* in Orlando to ride this one out. If you ever get the chance to stay anywhere on OBT, don't.

Dodged a lot of bullets in my family with 6 houses (3 are mobiles) - Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Lake Panasoffkee, Cape Canaveral + 2 in Orlando - & nothing but a couple screens blown out & a small patch of ceiling loosened. My yard cleanup required a rake & about 15 old garbage cans.

Thank God this was not Charley all over again (for us).

Sad to see others haven't fared so well. I know what it's like from 2004.

Let's pray Maria gives everyone a break with a right turn as predicted.
053301_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

(*Orange Blossom Trail)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got back from Aquanut's place in Ft. Myers. The eye went right over his mobile home park. It's a mess. Some mobile homes lost their roof, some were untouched. It's weird. John has minimum damage but no power, no internet but he does have a generator. All the gas stations down there are out of gas. We waited in line for 2 hours to get gas at the only station that was open. Here is a pic of John's neighbor.

View attachment 1494623 View attachment 1494624

Have not heard from Aquanut in Ft. Myers. Last week he was still without power and no internet.

Prayers said

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
140 hours....later...

and just like that.....we have power again! Two guys in a power truck from ohio showed up today on the street.....they have been working nonstop...and had that look....

He said, easy one.....30 minutes and I will have your power back on....

I should have been a lineman LOL....
spin2.gif

Woot! Woot! Ohio!
Glad to hear you're ok!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always glad when someone comes back online!
Saw Aquanut online last night, think they gsd just come up. Not sure how else they're faring.
I'm still tearing down a carport.....

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Always glad when someone comes back online!
Saw Aquanut online last night, think they gsd just come up. Not sure how else they're faring.
I'm still tearing down a carport.....

Glad you're ok Patsy. Sorry to hear about your carport. I lost my fence.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
well made it,spotty connection on computer dont own fancy phone..got ac back two days ago....wild ride,the old house made it,,every body around us got breeched with water and wind,glad they had left,took a chance and stayed...

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Glad to hear you made it agflit.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all..... waited 11 days to get my power turned back on.
Cold showers in the dark suck.
Lost 20 pounds due to work, stress, and eating like a bird.

I deliver water for a living.
These past 3 weeks I've delivered 3 months worth of product. Now, we are statewide very short on water, production got shut down for a week....
it's all I can do to keep not only my customers happy, but keep my stores stocked up too.... every Publix, Winn Dixie, Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart...18 stores on my route alone. Thousands of bottles....I'm freakin exhausted.
My body physically cannot withstand another storm.

I feel like I've aged 20 years. Ive been expecting to keel over from the Big One, that Fred Sanford always felt coming.

My house is ok, but my neighbors trees are now in my yard. My neighborhood is a mess, massive piles of debris and trash line every street in town.

My damn chickens are now laying eggs in the dog cage in my house, because their coop got destroyed.

Im taking the next week off.
Told my boss it's a mental and physical health sabbatical....it's actually just a well timed vacation.
God I need it.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So glad to here you are all back!

Our best friends and his brother and wife had a vacation planned in Punta Cana. They flew out Thursday. I hope they're okay!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well had to cut out 4 feet around the entire house of not so "dry wall" ( mold on the backside 2 foot up the wall inside ) all the carpeting is toast ,,as is all the furniture that was in contact with the floor ....just got the tree cut off the rear house and debris removed --going to have to repair the shingles but at first look it appears the tree did not punch thru the roof or crack the inner support beams --thank god ... finally got a bit of insurance help at last

THE RIMBRANT under the bed wasn't covered --a real -- joe rimbrant-- deer painting on velvet --it was under the bed cuz the wife couldn't stand looking at it (sumpin about the deer being cross eyed)... should have seen the look on the insurances guys face when I asked is my rimbrant painting covered?

Last edited:

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
well here in the keys we have no walls,but i stayed and im a pool guy so if anybody needs work you can buy new walls in no time,its not a snowflake job.....pulling out muck to coral rocks , been looking for treasure too....

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I here you guys. Finally getting back to kinda normal. I lost my kitchen to a broken pipe. I've been doing the same thing Ivan , cutting drywall out. Had a vinyl pool but had to cut the bottom out to drain all tad pole and mosquito water out. They just came and got my pile of debri, starting a new one now. Found some 1733 pieces already and have only treasure hunted twice. I've tried to load the pics a couple times but it just won't happen. Found a gold wedding band in my yard too. Got no Internet or T. V. Trying to post from the phone. Great bunch of people in my neighborhood, we are much closer now and I've made some great new friends. Going to hunt for coins down south this week. Incredible amounts of sand have been moved around. Happy hunting everyone.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Blak Bart and Aquanut, glad you are ok.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things are alot better down here now woolly. Still a few things that are not up and running yet, and one must think that they may never be rebuilt. The one plus to living in the keys after something like this....is that there are only so many homes and trailers that have to be rebuilt. What I mean is that the limited land to build on means that only so many homes can fit here. This means that with time every home eventually gets fixed repaired, or replaced. One can only describe life after a hurricane in 2 ways......the way it was before irma.....and the way it is now. Everything has changed....but everything is still the same.....if that even makes any sense. People's memories are short and it's to beautiful here to keep people from moving down. Sooooo......today is the first day of a new storm season and there's already a little something over the yucatan. It will probably get sucked north right across Texas and the midwest and dump more rain in the flood zone next week. Hang on folks and get those shutters dusted off !! Hurricane season is here.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Irma is on the list as to why I moved to Maryland.... After living through 23 years of hurricane seasons, I’m ready for bone chilling cold and snow.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your adjusting dave....Maine lobster instead of Florida lobster, and new England clam chowder instead of conch chowder.....cant be to bad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread