Hurricane IRMA check in thread

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
My calvary is here. While getting 40lbs of ice, they rolled around the corner, 3 trouble trucks, and a pick up.
I was praying, oh dog oh dog oh dog, lol,
Sure enough, run home they're staging on my street! Yay!

Lol, 2 of 'em standing on side of road, I told them how glad I was 2 see 'em, and it didn't matter how much ice I piled on these lobsters, they ain't gonna refreeze themselves. LOL

Ivan, sorry to hear about things, glad you and all are OK.

I had heard, somewhere, we were going to send either hospital ships, or them big carriers down there. The few pics I have seen......
no words.....

Gotta take advantage of last light here..... best wishes and prayers for all

Pat,

I am glad that everything is okay with you and you got the Lobsters iced down! Could of just had a great backyard barbecue if no ice.:tongue3:

Anyways, thanks for helping me make contact with (Bill) Blak Bart. He and everyone is doing fine and his' boats and equipment came through Irma just fine. He is going to be really busy for the next few months. Lots of damage and lots of boats that need salvaging. He is hoping to get online on TNET for a little time tonight, if they can get enough signal.

Frank

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Many trees and power lines down in Ocala, and flooded low areas, but I fared well with only tree debris scattered about.
Never lost power, but lost water for 12 hrs and telephone, TV, and Wifi (a bundled Centurylink pkg) was lost Monday at 12:05PM, long after Irma had passed. Did not get it back until 5:31PM today, and saw the damage suffered by other Florida communities.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, Agflit, for starting this thread! And thank all of you for checking in and/ relaying information on people! I don't know everyone, yet, so is there anyone else that hasn't checked in?

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Frank (huntsman53)...

You're awesome... thanks for remembering me and checking on me good sir. We did in fact move back to the Keys but wife's job opportunity brought us back to Vero Beach area again last year... so back to hunting the treasure coast buddy.

We bought a house and faired well in Irma... just yard/tree damage...
I am putting together a response team to get down to the Keys once it opens up and help folks out anyway I can... it is my true place in this world and I will always have a heart for it even though we're here on the TC for now...

The eye made landfall literally right where we lived... if we hadn't moved back here, things would be very different for us right now...

We have many friends down in the Keys and I can't wait to reach out and help anyone who needs it if I can... prayers go up for all affected by this monster storm...

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
Getting ready to head back to Cape Coral in the morning, are power is back on and damage seems limited to screens and a tree. We really got lucky, anybody close to the Cape that needs any help let me know. Ill check back in when we get home.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The St Johns River is 10 ft above its normal level, and the town of Astor on the St Johns (Hwy 40, Lake county) is flooded and is expected to get worse this weekend because the St Johns flows north, and Palatka may also see a rise in the river.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
All is well here in scenic Sebastian.
Our power and internet came back on about 4 o'clock, just after I had rewired the water pumps to work on the generator power...perfect timing as always!
The boats are returning to their docks though the water won't be clearing up for quite a while though. A foot of rain in the swamps will take a while to work it's way out to sea. Today they opened the gates on the C54 canal and raised the water level in the marina almost 3 feet in 2 hrs. There's a lot of water out there.
As soon as they'll let us back in the marina, we'll put the Carib back on the dock so we can be prepared to work when conditions allow (hopefully soon and often).
Now that we have utilities restored we can start working on a couple of relief efforts for the Keys and eastern Caribbean, from Barbuda to the Dominican Republic. We've got some ideas that we hope will work out to help restore folks and their property as quickly as possible. There's a lot of work to be done.
I've heard of or from quite a few folks after the hurricane including Dell Winders who could sure use some help right now. His van is broken, no food, no meds, no money. If someone could send him a little to his paypal account I am sure he would appreciate it.
More news as it happens.
Ya'll take care.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Careful with those generators folks, they can be deadly if not properly ventilated.
Hard to fathom why any adult would run one indoors, very sad.

[h=1]Child and two adults die from carbon monoxide poisoning from generator they used inside their Florida home after Hurricane Irma knocked electricity out for millions[/h]
  • Two adults and a child died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Orlando Tuesday after using a generator inside their home
  • Police say when they arrived to scene they found three more people inside the home and rushed them to the hospital for advanced life support
  • Their conditions are unknown, but police spokesman said, 'they are not looking so good right now'
  • The home did not have power after Hurricane Irma hit Florida on Sunday
  • Authorities have not released the names of the family who lived in the home

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful with those generators folks, they can be deadly if not properly ventilated.
Hard to fathom why any adult would run one indoors, very sad.

[h=1]Child and two adults die from carbon monoxide poisoning from generator they used inside their Florida home after Hurricane Irma knocked electricity out for millions[/h]
  • Two adults and a child died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Orlando Tuesday after using a generator inside their home
  • Police say when they arrived to scene they found three more people inside the home and rushed them to the hospital for advanced life support
  • Their conditions are unknown, but police spokesman said, 'they are not looking so good right now'
  • The home did not have power after Hurricane Irma hit Florida on Sunday
  • Authorities have not released the names of the family who lived in the home
Its hard to imagine that there are still persons in this USA that are uneducated about carbon monoxide emissions but it is true. We get a couple every year from people sliding their BBQs lit with briquettes inside because they didn't want to waste the heat. Regardless it is sad to hear and Yes use caution with your generators. I think Diggers are pretty savvy about this topic however!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ropefish, can you please post here the proper "email" address so we can "contact" Mr Winders? a couple of "kind words" goes a long way in a time of need.

Our power and internet came back on about 4 o'clock, just after I had rewired the water pumps to work on the generator power...perfect timing as always!
The boats are returning to their docks though the water won't be clearing up for quite a while though. A foot of rain in the swamps will take a while to work it's way out to sea. Today they opened the gates on the C54 canal and raised the water level in the marina almost 3 feet in 2 hrs. There's a lot of water out there.
As soon as they'll let us back in the marina, we'll put the Carib back on the dock so we can be prepared to work when conditions allow (hopefully soon and often).
Now that we have utilities restored we can start working on a couple of relief efforts for the Keys and eastern Caribbean, from Barbuda to the Dominican Republic. We've got some ideas that we hope will work out to help restore folks and their property as quickly as possible. There's a lot of work to be done.
I've heard of or from quite a few folks after the hurricane including Dell Winders who could sure use some help right now. His van is broken, no food, no meds, no money. If someone could send him a little to his paypal account I am sure he would appreciate it.
More news as it happens.
Ya'll take care.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daughter said still no power, no gas, hard to find food....but the school called, granddaughter has school tomorrow. ???

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Frank (huntsman53)...

You're awesome... thanks for remembering me and checking on me good sir. We did in fact move back to the Keys but wife's job opportunity brought us back to Vero Beach area again last year... so back to hunting the treasure coast buddy.

We bought a house and faired well in Irma... just yard/tree damage...
I am putting together a response team to get down to the Keys once it opens up and help folks out anyway I can... it is my true place in this world and I will always have a heart for it even though we're here on the TC for now...

The eye made landfall literally right where we lived... if we hadn't moved back here, things would be very different for us right now...

We have many friends down in the Keys and I can't wait to reach out and help anyone who needs it if I can... prayers go up for all affected by this monster storm...

Mike,

I am glad that you and your wife are okay and thanks for making a post here! I hope you make some great finds on the Treasure Coast now that Irma is out of there! I sure wish I had the funds to come down and do some treasure hunting and help folks out, especially those in the Keys. Take care and be safe!

Frank

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
More news as it happens.
Ya'll take care.

ropefish,

Could you post or PM Dell's address? I don't have the funds right now but I have a potential Buyer for my' German WWII Era Rifle Scopes and if they sell, I could send him some funds via a USPS Money Order. I closed my PayPal Account and am closing my eBay account as well. eBay keeps dragging it on and on, apparently in hopes that I will reconsider leaving them. Well, all I can say to them is, "good luck with that!!" as I am tired of getting ripped off by both and after how I was treated when a Buyer wanted to return a scope for a refund while I was out of town. He returned the scope, I refunded his money plus the shipping and even though he said the Elevation Adjustment was skipping, there was nothing wrong with the scope and eBay never replied to any of my emails to them.

Anyways, thanks for posting about Dell and I hope he gets plenty of help!

Frank

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback huntsman53! Glad to ear that our hobby friends are safe.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone know and know how Capt Ralph Delph and family of Key West are doing? Ralph is a good friend but I lost contact with him when he headed back to Key West some years ago after getting shot by one of his clients on a hunting trip in Montana. Ralph was a Fishing Guide in Montana during the off-season for fishing in Florida waters, then he became a Hunting and Fishing Guide when he took semi-permanent residence in Montana. After recouping from being shot, I believe he did a little bit of guiding for fishing but was leaning towards going back to Key West. That was the last I heard from him, the best Fisherman and Fishing Guide/Boat Captain & Mate I ever met. If you run into him, tell him that Frank Ferrell says hi.

Frank

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dell's Paypal address is :
[email protected]
That, I believe would also be his email address.
His physical mailing address is...
[h=3]Dell Winders
1153 Shady Cove Rd E
Haines City florida
33845 ( I believe)[/h]Thanks, folks. I know Dell will appreciate any help he might get. I'm not a fan of the free lunch, but I am sure that Dell would help anyone that needed help if he could.
Dell..if you see this, post up a good story or two to give folks a little insight into what you've been doing for the last 50 or 60 or 70 years.

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell's Paypal address is :
[email protected]
Thanks, folks. I know Dell will appreciate any help he might get. I'm not a fan of the free lunch, but I am sure that Dell would help anyone that needed help if he could.
Dell..if you see this, post up a good story or two to give folks a little insight into what you've been doing for the last 50 or 60 or 70 years.
This of course is not allowed on T Net But I hope the moderators do not take this down. This is a little different circumstance. Mods Please leave it up?
Any one who has a couple of bucks and a good heart send it on? I just did.
Cheers all,

TRD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread