Metal Detecting

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Consensus on the forums seems to be that First Texas has picked three excellent machines from their current lineup and based this new brand on them - look for an early release and some innovative stuff about how,they are marketed. Great bang for the buck and they are emphasizing that - like all of their Fisher and Teknetics products, they are proudly made in El Paso Texas - USA.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be out by mid-March according to a little birdie. :) I have 2 pre-production models in my possession and have been having tons of fun with them. They look awesome and performance to MSRP ratio is bonkers.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have read the Patriot is a re packaged Fisher F 70. I wonder if the company has tweaked on the Patriot some beyond a standard F70. I want to buy one for WIFEY

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know, the 3 machines are unchanged. The re-branding is in order to group them seperately for marketing purposes. There will apparently be some sort of difference in this regard.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As far as I know, the 3 machines are unchanged. The re-branding is in order to group them seperately for marketing purposes. There will apparently be some sort of difference in this regard.

I just realized the F70 has the s shaft... different than the f75.. so, yeah... shoots down my theory... ive never heard any balance complaints from the f70, ive never used one.

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hope they all at least have screw-on coil connectors, not the push-on like the LRP. Since the Minuteman is $30 more that the ETP (EuroTek Pro), shouldn't it be adding something in features? Otherwise just buy the ETP.

Do you think they will start marketing the little 4" concentric Greek coil? As far as I know it is currently an 'exclusive' to the Cabela's Treasure Tek Elite (an ETP with push-on connector).

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just realized the F70 has the s shaft... different than the f75.. so, yeah... shoots down my theory... ive never heard any balance complaints from the f70, ive never used one.

F70 is superbly balanced...therefore the Patriot will be as well. :)

Well I hope they all at least have screw-on coil connectors, not the push-on like the LRP. Since the Minuteman is $30 more that the ETP (EuroTek Pro), shouldn't it be adding something in features? Otherwise just buy the ETP.

Do you think they will start marketing the little 4" concentric Greek coil? As far as I know it is currently an 'exclusive' to the Cabela's Treasure Tek Elite (an ETP with push-on connector).

Liberator will keep the push-in connector. Minuteman and Patriot will have screw-in.

The 4in "push-in" coil from the Cabelas machines can be bought by calling First Texas directly. Part number is 4COILPRO

There is also an excellent 5in DD from a F5 with a push in. 5COIL-F5 (The -F5F being screw on)

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
From what I can tell/heard the Patriot is a clone of the F70...it can use both concentric and DD coils.
I picked up an F70 on 11/30/2013, spent the last three years learning to understand it past the normal behavior and language levels to much deeper regions and from the very first hunt my jaw dropped and has not rebounded yet.
I can't tell you how capable this thing really is, there has been no site or conditions that it has not conquered, heavy trash, insane iron, heavy EMI filled that might drive many crazy and depths that are almost unbelievable in both perfect soil and challenging mineralized devil dirt in the SE that I hunt in now.
Normal settings work in most places, think outside the box using some of the incredible amount of settings combinations possible and the sky is the limit.
All this other-worldly ability at a lower mid level price point is astounding to me.

For us F70 users we always knew this one was the very definition of the word sleeper..even Dave J. has stated that the marketing guys at FTP never wanted anyone to know or even suspect how good this thing actually is.
Now it has some new paint and logos but if it is actually a clone of my beloved F70 this is going to surprise many out there.
Productivity and ability vs. price...this one is going to destroy that equation.
Trust me...I know.

I am REVERE on FM, DIGGER27 on friendly and digger27 here...I have written a ton on what I discovered about this platform on all three, how I use it using both normal settings and some way outside the box thinking and what I have found using them all including three different coils.
If you are even thinking about getting this one search for those posts and hit the ground running.
Oh yea, start exercising those lower jaw muscles now, it will save you some pain up the road.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hear him!

The Patriot IS an F70. Re-branded and re-priced as part of a new and hopefully successful approach to marketing metal detectors - to budget minded enthusiasts. The market has changed, and detector manufacturers who want to stay in business will have to change with it.

I suspect that First Texas is going to need the space in that new factory they are building in El Paso to crank out these puppies!

CC_IN_CA

Jun 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Patriot looks like F70 with $200 discount
Minuteman looks like Eurotek Pro with $30 price increase. Don't understand this?

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait for it. When the whole enchilada is revealed, we can all decide what is a deal and what is a super deal......or not.

CC_IN_CA

Jun 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait for it. When the whole enchilada is revealed, we can all decide what is a deal and what is a super deal......or not.

Stumbled on to a competing forum post that explains pricing.
Google "New Low Price Teknetics Models - Ameritek" and you'll find it.

Says internet prices will be 15% lower, so Minuteman will match current EurotekPro price, while Patriot will be $399.
Also F70 will see a significant price reduction too, to match recent price reduction of F75.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should be out by mid-March according to a little birdie. :) I have 2 pre-production models in my possession and have been having tons of fun with them. They look awesome and performance to MSRP ratio is bonkers.

Hey Hunter... Are you testing the Patriot, if so... will you be posting a video or will you have to wait on the actual production model?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have it in about 1-2 weeks...so after March 13th release date. Already had a F70 so didn't get the Patriot early.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll have it in about 1-2 weeks...so after March 13th release date. Already had a F70 so didn't get the Patriot early.

cool.. i'm very excited about this Patriot! If the patriot will accept F75 coils i will certainly be buying this. I'm glad i held off on the LRP extra coils.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Wouldn't be nice if they were waterproof and could handle saltwater. Other than that I sure love my ETP and Omega 8000 version 6.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wouldn't be nice if they were waterproof and could handle saltwater. Other than that I sure love my ETP and Omega 8000 version 6.

Water proof.. I wish; I would buy two!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool.. i'm very excited about this Patriot! If the patriot will accept F75 coils i will certainly be buying this. I'm glad i held off on the LRP extra coils.

It will absolutely accept the F70 and F75 coils.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the BH Land Ranger Pro was good enough to wear a Technetics name. A patriotic facelift is all I see that's different.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread