Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    us
    Id rather be there ^ than here

Jul 2010
    Naples, Fl
    whites M6, Surfmaster PI

Re: Dreams do come true WaHoo!!

everyone but me has one of those pull tab things
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Oct 2006

Quote Originally Posted by ticm
    My heart about stopped when I dug this late 20th century tab. I had to stop and take in all it's glory. It shows what a little research and determination can do. This was my best hunt all day. So don't ever let it be said a site is all hunted out. I got this baby about four inches down with a VDI at around 31 on a Whites machine. After I dug this after about five minutes The finds just kept coming. I know there will be some naysayers out there, but it is all due to a little luck and research.

Hey keep the passion high

Well look at it this way. Perhaps in 200 yrs. or so it WILL be considered a relic....
    What would our ancestors think of us if they knew we went 'gaga' over digging in their 'privies'...

us
    Mar 2009
    West Virginia
    Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett GTAx 1000 Garrett AT Pro
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Nice one. Still looking for my FIRST ONE. HA HA

us
    Jul 2006
    Western PA
    Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
    121 times
    Banner Finds (1)

U will have it cleaned by a pro right? I dug one once but it was HOLED I was devastated I can only open a hole now after years of intense therapy and under the influence of a strong sedative.
    Seek and Ye shall find, (not necessarily what You were looking for)

us
    Aug 2010
    San Gabriel/Los angeles Calif.
    tracker iv
    11 times

I just love it... now for sure, I'll have to post my very first beach finds today.
    Thanks, Scott~Sgvalleyman.

us
    Oct 2010
    The Garden State
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
    796 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

A Public Apology To Lennon631

After a bit of a restless sleep last night (could not stop thinking about this tab), I contacted an esteemed expert today in said tabs and I do indeed stand corrected and want to apologize to Mr. Lennon! This is indeed a Fesca tab (Flavorious Frescus), BUT it's one of the incredibly rare OVERSTRIKES of a Coca-Cola tab (Coca Colarious I), which is what really threw me off -- having never seen one of these rarities before. I sincerely hope that Lennon631 has not retired from the forum as anyone who has achieved membership in the prestidious organization U.S.H.I.T. certainly has my utmost respect and admiration! Thank-you Lennon631 for your salient and sage insight

Quote Originally Posted by lennon631
    I am growing VERY very weary of ALL you fools who claim to know what the hell you're all talking about. I have been a member of the Unionized Society Historical Identity Tabs since 1968 and after a scrutinized look at this gentlemen's tab there is no doubt that it is a Fresca can tab, although hard to come by it is NOT to be confused with the Coke cans of 72'+. There ARE traces of plastic liner on the edges, which are INDEED classic to Fresca from 1967-79. I hereby retire myself from this forum to spare me from ANYmore foolish debates...

us
    Oct 2008
    Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
    Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
    1 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Thought this was the right picture to post!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pulltabs.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	43207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pulltabs.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	469774  

us
    Nov 2007
    Nebraska
    White Eagle Spectrum

You know....I think this awesome tab find will go down in T.H. history
    as the most amazingly well hit posts of all time. 101 posts at present,
    and still growing?
    The first thing you need to remember about running away is, it's the "from" that's important.  The "to" can take care of itself.

us
    May 2005
    Everywhere
    Minelab E-Trac

I just sold my Explorer II and Etrac to put a down payment on the new machine Minelab is coming out with for 2011. The Tabbug 1000 discriminates out all those useless high conductive signals, and zones on on those low ferrous signals giving you the best chance of finding one of those rare treasures. Yes you will still have to dig a bunch of Nickels and peskey Gold Jewelry, but early field tests have said it's deadly on Tabs! I can't wait to get my hands on this Baby!!

us
    May 2010
    Long Island NY
    Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
    1 times

Well.............................ok.............ap ology accepted, I just get upset when KNOW IT ALLS steer others in the wrong direction! I guess I might have gotten a lil' too upset too. "C'mon let's go play stickball"!
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see. J. Lennon

us
    Jan 2010
    San Angelo TX
    Garrett GPT 1350, Predator
    9 times

WOW!!! The most perfect specimen I have ever seen. It will polish up nicely. Most excellent, banner for sure.

us
    Dec 2008
    South Korea
    Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
    14 times

Can you tell me what the reading was when your machine signaled the hit.......I don't want to set my discrimination too high, and
    tune these rarities out.....
    Can't find it if you're watching tv at home, your machine isn't on, and the head of your detector is pointed up!!

us
    Jun 2007
    Simi Valley California
    1 times

Woohoo....

Attached Images Attached Images  

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    80 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

the next one could be gold !!!
    ALLEN

us
    Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in NJ
    A Public Apology To Lennon631

After a bit of a restless sleep last night (could not stop thinking about this tab), I contacted an esteemed expert today in said tabs and I do indeed stand corrected and want to apologize to Mr. Lennon! This is indeed a Fesca tab (Flavorious Frescus), BUT it's one of the incredibly rare OVERSTRIKES of a Coca-Cola tab (Coca Colarious I), which is what really threw me off -- having never seen one of these rarities before. I sincerely hope that Lennon631 has not retired from the forum as anyone who has achieved membership in the prestidious organization U.S.H.I.T. certainly has my utmost respect and admiration! Thank-you Lennon631 for your salient and sage insight

Quote Originally Posted by lennon631
    I am growing VERY very weary of ALL you fools who claim to know what the hell you're all talking about. I have been a member of the Unionized Society Historical Identity Tabs since 1968 and after a scrutinized look at this gentlemen's tab there is no doubt that it is a Fresca can tab, although hard to come by it is NOT to be confused with the Coke cans of 72'+. There ARE traces of plastic liner on the edges, which are INDEED classic to Fresca from 1967-79. I hereby retire myself from this forum to spare me from ANYmore foolish debates...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links